TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

Pet Peeve

After doing a DNA-test and running it through nutrahacker I got the feedback that based upon my genetics I would have an "increase in inflammatory interleukin-6 (IL-6) upon supplementing alpha-tocopherol (the most common form of Vitamin E in a North American diet)". I have had, and was aware of, bad reactions to vitamin e even before doing the DNA-test. I could take mixed tocopherols for about a week and then feel out of it. Tocovit has not given me any bad reactions after supplementing 100 IU daily for over a month, only positive results (anti-inflammatory). Also I have an extreme negative reaction to anything wheat or gluten, but I have not noticed anything like that with this supplement. Together with Ritanserin this is my favorite Haidut supplement.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Also I have an extreme negative reaction to anything wheat or gluten, but I have not noticed anything like that with this supplement.
Thanks. I've been waiting to hear feedback from someone who doesn't tolerate gluten.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have gotten a skin irritation from Tocovit. I applied 10 drops on the inside of each bicep. Now after two days the skin is still marbly and looks irritated. I had store the Tocovit in the fridge for a few weeks and had recently kept it out to the fridge. I hadn't had this reaction before but I had been taking only a few drops on the inside of my arms. This was my first full serving and I could see the irritation soon after applying it. Does this make any sense?

First time we get a report on skin irritation. Definitely not something expected. Thanks for letting us know.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
This might be a silly question, but if buying it to send to relatives overseas, will the exposure to strong x-rays affect its efficacy?

schultz

To me, it smells like plywood. I think it's kind of a manly smell, so maybe topical would work better for you.

Plywood, eh? That might actually make some sense. It could be the terpenes in the vitamin E. There are terpenes in wood like pine (turpentine).

jaakkima

I am guessing that the 400IU measurement of this product is of total mixed tocopherols, or is it just the alpha-tocopherols? Sorry if it was asked already, didn't have time to read the whole thread.

Dante

To me it tasted really bad ( i am guessing wood might taste like that) . Does the variance in test denote scarcity/availability of that mineral/vitamin in the body ? Tastes good might mean deficient and vice versa. Like for ionic zinc , deficient people report little to no taste.

DennisX

@haidut, Back in 2013 you were taking 2000mg=3000IU mixed tocopherol vitamin E oil for estrogen control Sexuality And Libido Through A Peat Prism #20 .

TocoVit is 400IU mixed tocopherol vitamin E oil. While I'm new on the RP sites and forums and haven't read all the threads from 2013 to today about how much Vit E is needed for estrogen control would you mind telling us your current thinking on the best amount of Vit E for estrogen (Estrone, E2) control?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut, Back in 2013 you were taking 2000mg=3000IU mixed tocopherol vitamin E oil for estrogen control Sexuality And Libido Through A Peat Prism #20 .

TocoVit is 400IU mixed tocopherol vitamin E oil. While I'm new on the RP sites and forums and haven't read all the threads from 2013 to today about how much Vit E is needed for estrogen control would you mind telling us your current thinking on the best amount of Vit E for estrogen (Estrone, E2) control?

Yes, I was taking a high dose as an experiment. Not something to be done on regular basis unless you have a very serious estrogen-dependent condition. I don't do it any more as I don't feel that I need it. For long term maintenance the vitamin E dose in EstroBan is more then enough.

johnwester130

Is this product just "damage control" for when you eat soybean, sunflower, walnut, canola, vegetable oil etc ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is this product just "damage control" for when you eat soybean, sunflower, walnut, canola, vegetable oil etc ?

This is certainly one of its uses. Also, when you have a lot of stored PUFA it can help protect you from the harmful effects of that fat getting released and oxidized. Finally, since PUFA is estrogenic the vitamin E can negate some of those hormonal effects.

Agent207

- Peat experimented with high loads of wheat germ and used vit.e derived from it.
- Vitamin E, like the one wheat germ oil, antagonizes K
- K is highly correlated with bone/teeth healt
- Peat had ruined its teeth in the past

Could all this facts have any cause-relation/coherence?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
- Peat experimented with high loads of wheat germ and used vit.e derived from it.
- Vitamin E, like the one wheat germ oil, antagonizes K
- K is highly correlated with bone/teeth healt
- Peat had ruined its teeth in the past

Could all this facts have any cause-relation/coherence?

The bad teeth part is primarily about CO2 levels and calcium intake. Peat said he was severely hypothyroid in his earlier years, so that would probably contribute more. But getting depleted in vitamin K would also do it.

Dante

@haidut , did you take extra vit K during your 2g/day vitamin E supplementatiom ? Aren't there dangers of that super saiyanish T levels (>1500ng/ml), increased rate arterial calcification for one ? A lot of steroid users bodybuilders and wrestlers tend to die of heart attacks relatively early . Did your increased libido hindered your focus , concentration , attention during your day job ? I have gone till 900ish, in my case energy increased a lot ,libido - don't think so (don't really want very high libido either)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any thoughts to how much E is needed to deplete K?

Human studies showed 1,000 IU taken for 2 months induced changes in vitamin K related proteins indicating slight deficiency.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut , did you take extra vit K during your 2g/day vitamin E supplementatiom ? Aren't there dangers of that super saiyanish T levels (>1500ng/ml), increased rate arterial calcification for one ? A lot of steroid users bodybuilders and wrestlers tend to die of heart attacks relatively early . Did your increased libido hindered your focus , concentration , attention during your day job ? I have gone till 900ish, in my case energy increased a lot ,libido - don't think so (don't really want very high libido either)

I did it just as an experiment to see if I can raise T levels with serotonin depletion and vitamin E. I stopped the protocol a few weeks after that as I did not feel it was prudent to continue to ingest massive quantities vitamin E and pure amino acids instead of protein for food. I did take vitamin K but it was 10-12 hours away from taking the vitamin E. I think they can still be taken on the same day, maybe one in the morning and the other one in the evening.

Regina

I did it just as an experiment to see if I can raise T levels with serotonin depletion and vitamin E. I stopped the protocol a few weeks after that as I did not feel it was prudent to continue to ingest massive quantities vitamin E and pure amino acids instead of protein for food. I did take vitamin K but it was 10-12 hours away from taking the vitamin E. I think they can still be taken on the same day, maybe one in the morning and the other one in the evening.
Yea, I want the benefits of Tocovit for my rat. But I also want to continue working on reducing her calcification with Kuinone. I like giving the Kuinone in 3 divided doses for 45mg/day.
I'm almost wondering what is more important.

I would add that in her history when she had a blood clot in her subclavein (1998 ancient history) and her 1st two ribs on the right side were "re-sected" through her armpit, the surgeon put her on coumadin. Even though the Doctors said no thing could be found in her blood to indicate clotting problems or anything else of note--just the structural "thoracic outlet syndrome" as probable cause of the clot. The rat stayed on the coumadin for a year. And just threw the pills away one day and never went back to the doctor. I bring this up because of coumadin's well-known "side-effect" of causing rapid calcification. I don't know if this has, over all this time, corrected itself? I mean, this rat is pretty good at aikido for her age? She's definitely creaky crunchy and does not have the joints of a young mouse, but doesn't seem too bad. I don't really know how to gauge whether it is her tolerating the discomfort or is she actually pretty badly calcified???? If my #1 goal for her is rubbery nimble joints, then what is the best strategy? o_O

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yea, I want the benefits of Tocovit for my rat. But I also want to continue working on reducing her calcification with Kuinone. I like giving the Kuinone in 3 divided doses for 45mg/day.
I'm almost wondering what is more important.

I would add that in her history when she had a blood clot in her subclavein (1998 ancient history) and her 1st two ribs on the right side were "re-sected" through her armpit, the surgeon put her on coumadin. Even though the Doctors said no thing could be found in her blood to indicate clotting problems or anything else of note--just the structural "thoracic outlet syndrome" as probable cause of the clot. The rat stayed on the coumadin for a year. And just threw the pills away one day and never went back to the doctor. I bring this up because of coumadin's well-known "side-effect" of causing rapid calcification. I don't know if this has, over all this time, corrected itself? I mean, this rat is pretty good at aikido for her age? She's definitely creaky crunchy and does not have the joints of a young mouse, but doesn't seem too bad. I don't really know how to gauge whether it is her tolerating the discomfort or is she actually pretty badly calcified???? If my #1 goal for her is rubbery nimble joints, then what is the best strategy? o_O

I think keeping the Kuinone regimen is a very good idea after this long Coumadin therapy. My take is that as long as you can handle the big hairy Bulgarian gorillas your health is probably not that bad :):