1. 10% Discount At RedLightMan.com For Ray Peat Forum Members!
    Click Here For More Information
    Dismiss Notice

TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, May 6, 2016.

1. scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum Member

Thank you for the explanation ! I think I will stick to vitamin E then and take some estroban alongside it as I do now.

2. Jayfish

Jayfish Member

Really, people won't take it because of the taste? Try niacinamide powder of some Bcaas! Haha.

3. X160

X160 Member

Tried my first dose of 10 drops of TocoVit yesterday and oh my God! I generally don't react to supplements but this one is an exception. Just 10 drops on my tongue made me sweat in cool and cloudy atmosphere, my heart rate increased along with body temperature. There was a feeling of pleasantness and increased mental clarity/energy immediately after I took it. I don't think I will need TyroMax/Thyroid if I take this daily. I will experiment more and keep you posted on results.

Haidut, of all the supplements you released, this one would be my favorite. I love the taste and its "wheatish" smell too.
    I would say, taking TocoVit minus Vitamin E would be an interesting experiment to see if those effects are due to "impurities" in Wheat germ oil. Thank you for these wonderful supplements!

4. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Thank you so much for this feedback! I am trying to isolate these compounds but there are literally thousands of them, and most are unknown. I suspect the squalene and lanosterol in combination with vitamin E contribute to the metabolic effects. But let's see what the lab comes back with.

5. narouz

narouz Member

Imad-
    Did you take those ten drops topically or orally?

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Member

;-)

7. narouz

narouz Member

Ah yes...duh.:doh

8. hclh

hclh Member

Manu years ago (ca. 15yrs) I heard that some japanese guys were searching shark liver in my town, looking for its squalene content and its wonderful qualities.
    Since then, never heard of that stuff again till yesterday when haidut posted it.
    Interesting... :cool:

9. Ktbridge

Ktbridge Member

I have purchased toco vit and I don't like the taste at all.

10. narouz

narouz Member

'tis very unyummy indeed. :>)

11. Dan Wich

Dan Wich Member

12. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Very nice, I like! I just responded to your thread. If we can get some other people to do the same and send you their results we could get some smoother curves. Even 5 people should be enough to see a good pattern.

13. RichardDobson

RichardDobson Member

Thinking of buying this it sounds great, any new experiences of using TocoVit?

14. scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum Member

Has RP ever got his bottle or are we still waiting for the lab results? I wanted to report that I take it when eating pufa is unavoidable or desirable on the odd occasion and foods like rapeseed oil taramasalata or McDonalds quick breakfast with chips are now digested very easily with 5 drops of tocovit alone, whereas previously the same foods would lie in my stomach and made me feel heavy and awful. Strange, but good strange. It's going everywhere with me when travelling. Btw. The taste is awful, like thick heavy linseed floor varnish. I'm actually wondering if my body's telling me something by finding the taste so repulsive. I guess use topically for me, that is if it gets in being so thick.

15. Fractality

Fractality Member

I purchased this recently and I'm afraid that it might be causing gut issues. I enjoy the effects but now on the 3rd night of using it orally I'm dealing with odd liquid stools. I've read around the forum and noted other vitamin e users have dealt with this. Does anyone know why this happens? Is it a detox reaction or due to the "impurities" in this vitamin e?

Perhaps I should use this topically as indicated. Do I have to mix it with another carrier oil for optimal use?

16. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

You can use it topically and no need to add additional oil. We have added about 10% MCT to make it more suitable for topical application.
    As to why vitamin E causes gut issues for some people - it is hard to answer. For some people it is the viscosity of the vitamin that causes this as it sticks to the stomach wall and that irritates the mucosa. For others, it seems to be an immune syste effect as several people with Chron's and UC have reported the same effects from virtually any vitamin E product they tried. Vitamin E is known to boost the immune system so it is possible to increase clearance of cellular debris in people with autoimmune conditions. Anyways, I would try topically and please provide feedback on how that goes. But as far as impurities - I don't think there are any in TocoVit. It's just pure extract from the WGO with some MCT added by us to make it easier to rub in and absorb.

17. Fractality

Fractality Member

Understood - thanks for the guidance. Quick note - what I mean by "impurities" is the additional ingredients like the plant sterols.

18. skycop00

skycop00 Member

Yeah my wife says she doesn't like that smell on my breath...so we will have to try skin application.

19. Pointless

Pointless Member

To me, it smells like plywood. I think it's kind of a manly smell, so maybe topical would work better for you.

20. taesch

taesch Member

I have gotten a skin irritation from Tocovit. I applied 10 drops on the inside of each bicep. Now after two days the skin is still marbly and looks irritated. I had store the Tocovit in the fridge for a few weeks and had recently kept it out to the fridge. I hadn't had this reaction before but I had been taking only a few drops on the inside of my arms. This was my first full serving and I could see the irritation soon after applying it. Does this make any sense?