TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I tried Tocovit for my mild gyno. There is a definite shrinking of glandular tissue and nipple size. I'll continue taking it to see how this progresses, but it's pretty crazy. I've been taking vitamin E for several years and have never seen an effect. Nor have I seen an effect from any supplement, really. I also took a few drops of magnoil, so I suppose I should try it on it's own next. Will report back in a few weeks with more info... pretty interesting though!

Wow, amazing! Thanks so much for reporting.

hmac

Wow, amazing! Thanks so much for reporting.
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else in the thread, but why do you think there's such a difference between this E and the rest? Seeing as the newer formulation only contains the waxes alongside the E, could it be chalked up to this? Or just the superior quality?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else in the thread, but why do you think there's such a difference between this E and the rest? Seeing as the newer formulation only contains the waxes alongside the E, could it be chalked up to this? Or just the superior quality?

I don't know for sure, but this formulation is high-alpha mixed tocopherols and most other products on the market are high-gamma. The alpha tocopherol seems to be better at estrogen antagonism while gamma tocopherol seems better as scavenger of NO and other reactive nitrogen species. So, for something like gyno I would expect the alpha tocopherol to work better. The policosanols also have effects, usually by opposing PUFA.

Mufasa

@haidut Have you tried reacting the new formula with ubiquinone to see if it produces a black color?

Partly, it’s because all of the manufacturing processes. The industry has gone towards profit and cheapness. And Vitamin E is no longer anything like it was 70-80 years ago. The stuff I used in the lab that reacted with the ubiquinone to produce a black color, I’ve tried that with various more recent types of Vitamin E, and it didn’t work. So, we know that they are taking out various different fractions from the vitamin E. And that lacks highly saturated fatty acids . I think [that’s] a big part of why the old vitamin E, in the 1930’s and 40’s, was so much more therapeutic than the more recent vitamin E studies, that showed it’s really nothing but an anti-oxidant that doesn’t have any of those extremely therapeutic effects that it did 60 years ago.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Have you tried reacting the new formula with ubiquinone to see if it produces a black color?

Yes, it does. And it produces black color when mixed with vitamin K and/or emodin too, which is expected since K2/emodin are quinones.

Arrade

Is there a limit to how much one can take in a day?

Also besides pufa inactivation and estrogen lowering, what are the benefits of Vit E?

Last edited:

Vinero

Ok, so I know the issue of vitamin K and Vitamin E interacting in the bloodstream has been discussed many times on the forum. There should be at least 6 hours between using Vitamin K and Vitamin E to avoid having them in the bloodstream at the same time.

But what about other quinones? Is it ok to use vitamin E and Lapodin? Or Vitamin E with a tetracycline antibiotic? These are quinones like vitamin K so do they also negatively interact with vitamin E?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is there a limit to how much one can take in a day?

Also besides pufa inactivation and estrogen lowering, what are the benefits of Vit E?

Vitamin E in doses above 800 IU daily seems to delete vitamin K and increase risk of bleeding. It may also irritate the gut in some people, especially in higher doses.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok, so I know the issue of vitamin K and Vitamin E interacting in the bloodstream has been discussed many times on the forum. There should be at least 6 hours between using Vitamin K and Vitamin E to avoid having them in the bloodstream at the same time.

But what about other quinones? Is it ok to use vitamin E and Lapodin? Or Vitamin E with a tetracycline antibiotic? These are quinones like vitamin K so do they also negatively interact with vitamin E?

As I mentioned to you in a PM, all quinones likely have this interaction effect. I have tried with vitamin K and emodin and both turn the vitamin E solution pitch black when mixed, similar to the experiment with CoQ10 Peta mentioned in one of his articles.

Arrade

Vitamin E in doses above 800 IU daily seems to delete vitamin K and increase risk of bleeding. It may also irritate the gut in some people, especially in higher doses.
Thanks. I also read it may flip over into an oxidant at doses above 1,100 IU.
It is more effective than vitamin A or K, or iodine or selenium for lowering estrogen, from my use
I will have to see how it feels when I'm not estrogen excessive (which I'm using it to treat but I want to know what effects it gives me in a healthy state)

Dezertfox

Sorry if this has been answered already, but what is the absorption rate through skin @haidut ? I tried a different Vit E and it had irritated my gut.

Also any idea how far apart do Vit K and E need to be taken? I take A,D,K during breakfast and was thinking of taking B vitamins and E after lunch

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sorry if this has been answered already, but what is the absorption rate through skin @haidut ? I tried a different Vit E and it had irritated my gut.

Also any idea how far apart do Vit K and E need to be taken? I take A,D,K during breakfast and was thinking of taking B vitamins and E after lunch

Peat says about 30%-35% absorption of vitamin E/MCT combinations. I would firs take the vitamin K as it has relatively short half life and then 2-3 hours later the vitamin E.

golder

Tocovit is a VERY potent estrogen suppressant. In the largish 20-drop dose on the label, which I sometimes use to block PUFA absorption if I’m being bad, it will ALWAYS bring on menstruation after just a couple days.

@haidut!! :thumbsup:

Would you be kind enough to let me know if you experience the same effects on the 'new' formulation of Tocovit since Haidut purified into just the mixed tocopherols/policosanol? I’m having slightly different effects but I’m very keen to see if this new formulation induces menstruarion shortly after a large dose, as that would be a reliable marker of estrogen reduction. Thanks @whodathunkit.

Mufasa

Peat says about 30%-35% absorption of vitamin E/MCT combinations. I would firs take the vitamin K as it has relatively short half life and then 2-3 hours later the vitamin E.

Do you know that absorption percentage for oral use?

And about the timing, do you think it is a good strategy to take vitamin K with breakfast, and vitamin A, D and E with lunch?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you know that absorption percentage for oral use?

And about the timing, do you think it is a good strategy to take vitamin K with breakfast, and vitamin A, D and E with lunch?

Timing should not matter as long as it is a few hours before/after the vitamin K. Probably better to use K/D first then a few hours later to use the E/A. Oral absorption should be close to 100%.

inurendotoxin

I tried Tocovit for my mild gyno. There is a definite shrinking of glandular tissue and nipple size. I'll continue taking it to see how this progresses, but it's pretty crazy. I've been taking vitamin E for several years and have never seen an effect. Nor have I seen an effect from any supplement, really. I also took a few drops of magnoil, so I suppose I should try it on it's own next. Will report back in a few weeks with more info... pretty interesting though!

This is interesting. :): Any update from the Tocovit (vs Magnoil)-only approach?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals