1. 10% Discount At RedLightMan.com For Ray Peat Forum Members!
    Click Here For More Information
    Dismiss Notice

TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, May 6, 2016.

1. Dan Wich

Dan Wich Member

Intriguing stuff, thanks as usual Haidut. I'll share this, I bet there's tons of people that would like to experiment with it.

Do you know the approximate ratio of the different tocopherols? Do you think it includes any significant amount of tocotrienols?

2. Kennya

Kennya Member

Does the Tocovit need to be mixed with anything like olive or coconut oil for smooth application? Or is straight application sufficient?

3. cpaqf1

cpaqf1 Member

"the supplement should be kept in a dark location at room temperature to maintain its liquid form and proper vitamin E content"

If I buy multiple bottle, can I keep the spares in the fridge? the wording of "maintain proper vitamin E content" has me wondering.

4. Koveras

Koveras Member

Can you post the analysis?

5. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I don't think there are any significant amounts of tocotrienols. The breakdown is roughly 60% alpha tocopherol, 20% delta tocopherol, 10% gamma tocopherol and 10% beta tocopherol. I will post a more specific analysis in the original post when I get the formal paperwork from the vendor.

6. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

It already has some MCT to make it more liquid. But it is still mostly the actual vitamin E product and I know Ray said for topical absorption a 50% / 50% mix is best. So, you may want to add about as much olive or coconut oil as the liquid in the bottle, which is 30ml.

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Vitamin E, just like vitamin K and vitamin B2 is sensitive to bright sunlight. So, it's best kept in the dark. Yes, you can keep the bottles in the fridge but it may solidify. I have not tried it in the fridge so don't know for sure what will happen :)

8. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Sure, waiting on the formal paperwork from the vendor.

9. BingDing

BingDing Member

Just a note, the link for Tocovit on the idealabsdc site goes to the Mitolipin page. o_O

10. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Thanks for letting me know, I just fixed it!

11. lindsay

lindsay Member

This sounds amazing! Definitely going to buy this when I get paid next. That being said, I know you cannot sanction internal use, but do you think it would be a terrible thing to put the drops (even half a dose) in a gelatin capsule and gulp it down? Or do you think it would be more effective as a topical agent? I would be nervous it would all end up on my clothing, like Progest-E.

12. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Oh, I think it would be very effective orally, in a capsule or just as the pure liquid. I just can't endorse such use :)

13. lindsay

lindsay Member

P.S. @haidut. Do you know a comparative analysis of a Vitamin E oil from Wheat Germ versus Palm Oil? I believe Palm Oil is rich in Tocotrienols. Perhaps it is worthwhile incorporating both kinds into the supplemental routine?

14. lindsay

lindsay Member

I guess I will have to be a guinea pig then :) I love Vitamin E.

15. heartnhands

heartnhands Member

Sounds really great. I'm a massage therapist and my clients trust me to make suggestions about various alternatives...I've been meaning to ask you how I might offer some of your suppliments. This looks like a great addition to ease up extra seretonin.
    Fingers crossed.

Good luck!

16. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Well, there are no retsrictions on reselling and since there is no logo on the bottles the clients won't even know these are supplements from another vendor. As far as I know some people already do that - i.e. they have fitness or nutritional consulting practice and re-sell our supplements. It does not really matter to me as long as people are getting good results :)

17. DesertRat

DesertRat Member

Since it derives from wheat germ oil, is there any chance it could be problematic for gluten sensitive or celiac individuals?

18. cpaqf1

cpaqf1 Member

I see, and it wouldn't go back to normal at room temp, right?

19. 800mRepeats

800mRepeats Member

Haidut - you're the bomb! TocoVit in my mailbox this morning!!
    :thankyou :dancingsmileyman

20. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I guess it is possible, but the vendor told me that all potential allergens have been removed. I would start low and increase if there are no signs of allergy.