TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

T

tca300

Zeus, believe it or not, this is my favorite product of your entire store. The boat is sinking and I have to let go of all but one, this would be it. I'm not aware of any other reliable product that leaves out the undesirable parts.
High praise. Imma order some. Especially since its been refined and is now even closer to the original that Ray spoke of.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Bump. Forgot to say that since we removed most of the impurities and residual oils this leaves room for more tocopherols per ml. So, now the TocoVit offers 750 IU per ml compared to the previous 400 IU per ml. Basically, almost twice as much vitamin E as before without any price increase :):

Vinero

I see this product has changed. I still have one of the older bottles. In light of the new information available of the updated Tocovit, do you think consuming the old version is safe?
Or should I throw my remaining old tocovit away? I did experience increased warmth when I was taking it, so it must have increased my metabolic rate.

I also like to say that I appreciate that Idealabs updates or changes their products according to new available information :):

Edit: I just took 400 IU (with a meal) anyway, felt an increase in energy, temperature and mental clarity.
Seems like the old version still has benefits.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I see this product has changed. I still have one of the older bottles. In light of the new information available of the updated Tocovit, do you think consuming the old version is safe?
Or should I throw my remaining old tocovit away? I did experience increased warmth when I was taking it, so it must have increased my metabolic rate.

I also like to say that I appreciate that Idealabs updates or changes their products according to new available information :):

Edit: I just took 400 IU (with a meal) anyway, felt an increase in energy, temperature and mental clarity.
Seems like the old version still has benefits.

Old version is still fine, but a lot of people complained about the taste and odor. It is rated as a food-grade material suitable for addition to any kind of food, so there should be no inherent issues with it. I would not throw it out, especially if it provides noticeable metabolic benefit.

Lee Simeon

@haidut are you planning on increasing the servings per container and decreasing the serving size. Due to the increase in Vitamin E per serving, my government considers it a drug now and it is classified as a drug instead of a supplement.

Vinero

@haidut are you planning on increasing the servings per container and decreasing the serving size. Due to the increase in Vitamin E per serving, my government considers it a drug now and it is classified as a drug instead of a supplement.
Source? That is ridiculous. Since when is Vitamin E considered a drug, that makes absolutely no sense. Since when are essential nutrients called drugs?

Lee Simeon

"Dietary supplements may contain no more than 30 mg of vitamin E in the daily dose. Over this, the product is considered a drug." I translated this from the "national pharmacy association" and converted 30 mg and it is around 400 iu. The new product now contains 750 iu per serving size.

Vinero

"Dietary supplements may contain no more than 30 mg of vitamin E in the daily dose. Over this, the product is considered a drug." I translated this from the "national pharmacy association" and converted 30 mg and it is around 400 iu. The new product now contains 750 iu per serving size.
How can essential nutrients be drugs? That is seriously messed up.

Vinero

What's the line between nutrients found in food and massive doses of supplements, some of which can have hormone-like actions?
30 mg of vitamin E is not a massive dose. Every nutrient in isolation or in high doses can be used as a drug.

Travis

I am Norwegian :)
My car is from Sweden. Do you still see many classic (pre-GM) SAABS in Norway? I am on my third one and I like them so much that I cannot even tolerate the thought of buying anything else for even one second (nearly had a heart attack with the thought of a Ford Focus parked outside . . . with my plates on it!!!)

Lee Simeon

My car is from Sweden. Do you still see many classic (pre-GM) SAABS in Norway? I am on my third one and I like them so much that I cannot even tolerate the thought of buying anything else for even one second (nearly had a heart attack with the thought of a Ford Focus parked outside . . . with my plates on it!!!)
Hehehe not were I live dude, not where I live.

Travis

Hehehe not were I live dude, not where I live.
Well, the turbo editions are somewhat like collector's items here in the United States. The pre-GM SAABS are very unique cars in their design and are also notable for their durability. There is one which had been driven over 1,000,000 miles on display in a museum, in Milwaukee (using two transmissions and one engine).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Actually 30mg is not 400 IU. If the 30mg applies to alpha tocopherol, then it is 45 IU - almost a factor of 10 lower than the 400 IU. The serving size is really just a suggestion, I may change the label to just say how many IU per drop, and given the drop size of the bottle it would be about 38 IU, so it barely fits the requirements of Norway for a vitamin. However, customs can always throw a fit and say that since a person can easily take more than 1 drop it is still considered a drug. So, I am not sure what changing the label will accomplish in this case...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is this Tocovit still available? Any suppliers in the UK?

Yes, it is. Check the main website www.idealabsdc.com for ordering. We don't have suppliers in UK but shipping from USA usually takes about a week to reach UK address.

NickC

Yes, it is. Check the main website www.idealabsdc.com for ordering. We don't have suppliers in UK but shipping from USA usually takes about a week to reach UK address.
Thanks Haidut, have checked-out that website now. However if aiming for the target of 2000IU as per the Schute Bros the monthly cost is quite extreme.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals