TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, May 6, 2016.

1. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I think 800 IU vitamin E is around the upper limit of what the organism can utilize daily. At that dose it may cause issues with increased bleeding especially when combined with progesterone, so maybe adding some vitamin K a few hours before/after the vitamin E would help balance that.

2. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Thanks for the info, haidut.

I have another quick question that I've thought about for quite a while. Since stress and shock tend to increase clotting, wouldn't the use of anti-stress substances that tend to thin the blood (as with progesterone, vitamin E, aspirin, and so on) in a person under stress have a reduced chance of thinning the blood excessively, and wouldn't there be more homeostatic regulations here? Or would that apply moreso to thyroid and less so with regard to isolated substances such as vitamin E?

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Yes, under stress there would be more clotting so higher vitamin E and/or progesterone can bring that back to normal. But if vitamin E manages to inhibit vitamin K absorption/transport/stores then bleeding issues can develop simply due to the inability of the liver to produce clotting protetins (which require vitamin K) even in the presence of stress. But I agree that excess clotting is probably a much more common risk than excess bleeding.

4. RichardDobson

RichardDobson Member

Hi Haidut, what is your opinion on the things that have been written about vitamin E on the following page?

NUTRI-SPEC - Article: Tocopherols

According to that webpage article, vitamin E causes cancer, strains the heart and depletes bodily energy, accelerates aging, raises cholesterol, and can cause cardiac arrhytmias to name a few.

5. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I think my opinion on vitamin E is pretty clear. Can't really argue with everything somebody decides to throw against a chemical they don't like. Aspirin is the same way. There are articles and studies painting as the devil.

6. RichardDobson

RichardDobson Member

But do you think this source is credible? They represent their statements with plausible arguments..

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Honestly, I don't know if they are credible. They could be perfectly fine folks believing in the misinformation published about vitamin E. Given the widespread phenomenon of ghostwriting and sponsored studies we really do not have very unbiased picture of vitamin E effects, so it is easy to find damning statements paid for by Big Pharma.