TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

For sure, although I can't say for sure if it's the TocoVit causing it. I am becoming very fond of the smell which tells me my brain thinks it's working very well :D

Cool, thanks. If you end up doing any blood tests while on TocoVit and you think it's worth sharing please post results here.

d1d2

These additional ingredients include plant sterols, triglycerides of saturated fatty acids, terpenes such as squalene, and even trace amounts of terpenoids such as lanosterol.

Other ingredients: sterols, triglycerides, terpenes (e.g. squalene), terpenoids (e.g. lanosterol)

I was looking at my Tocovit bottle and noticed it said' terpenes'. I recalled reading about that but wanted to confirm that this item isn't so much an ingredient but a natural part of wheat germ oil. Not a big deal, but I think the ingredients are really only WGO and triglycerides, correct? It's more of 'contains terpenes, sterols and terpenoids'?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was looking at my Tocovit bottle and noticed it said' terpenes'. I recalled reading about that but wanted to confirm that this item isn't so much an ingredient but a natural part of wheat germ oil. Not a big deal, but I think the ingredients are really only WGO and triglycerides, correct? It's more of 'contains terpenes, sterols and terpenoids'?

Yes, all of these are present naturally in WGO. We did not add the terpenes in there. I only listed them to show that a vitamin E extracted from WGO has additional active ingredients and it's not just tocopherols. Peat mentioned the same thing in one of his articles, calling these "impurities" that may have been responsible for the positive effects of vitamin E in studies done in the early 20th century.

Tim Lundeen

@haidut A few questions, if you have a chance...

(1) Did you post lab test results for TocoVit? I'm not seeing anything in the original post, but might easily have missed it being new to the forums.

(2) I'm curious if TocoVit includes the octacosanol present in wheat germ oil? (Pfeiffer/Rimland used octacosanol for patients with head injuries, they said it is neuroprotective and repairs damage to myelin sheaths in the brain.)

(3) Do you have any more info about the original Vit E wheat-germ-extract usage for fertility, both male and female? I haven't been able to find papers/etc. There are a few mentions in the Shute's various books, but not that helpful.

My wife and I are using TocoVit and like it a lot, still playing with dosage/protocols and will report when we have more info.

Thanks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut A few questions, if you have a chance...

(1) Did you post lab test results for TocoVit? I'm not seeing anything in the original post, but might easily have missed it being new to the forums.

(2) I'm curious if TocoVit includes the octacosanol present in wheat germ oil? (Pfeiffer/Rimland used octacosanol for patients with head injuries, they said it is neuroprotective and repairs damage to myelin sheaths in the brain.)

(3) Do you have any more info about the original Vit E wheat-germ-extract usage for fertility, both male and female? I haven't been able to find papers/etc. There are a few mentions in the Shute's various books, but not that helpful.

My wife and I are using TocoVit and like it a lot, still playing with dosage/protocols and will report when we have more info.

Thanks!

The lab simply confirmed some ingredients of interest in TocoVit. A full analysis of all ingredients has not been done yet, but octacosanol is there. I think the wheat germ extracts used for fertility were simply dried up germs that were turned into powder. You can actually still but such powdered wheat germs from some food stores. I think the tocopherols and some trace amounts of steroids were the main fertility component. Peat writes about this in his vitamin E article.

Base Ball

I received a bottle of Tocovit today and just tried 5 drops on my stomach. Within 5 minutes my pulse went from about 80 to over 100 and stayed there for about 45 minutes. I was taching a little. But I felt warm and calm. It is unlike any other Vitamin E product I've ever tried.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I received a bottle of Tocovit today and just tried 5 drops on my stomach. Within 5 minutes my pulse went from about 80 to over 100 and stayed there for about 45 minutes. I was taching a little. But I felt warm and calm. It is unlike any other Vitamin E product I've ever tried.

Great, thanks for sharing! Did you measure temps as well? Please do next time you use it.

thomas00

My favorite Idealabs supplement so far. I'm heaps calmer and relaxed after using it (I use it topically as the oral route upsets my digestive system). It's helped me to drift off to sleep on quote a few bad nights.As others have noted, it is nothing like any other vitamin E supplement, at least the few others I have tried like Swanson and some other cheapos.

I haven't measured pulse and temp but will do so next time and report back. Hat tip to Mr haidut :hattip

mirc12354

Do people who have issues (gastric issues) with oral administration of other vitamin E products have the same issues with oral administration of tocovit?

thomas00

Yes, I did. It was pretty bad. Probably the worst out of all the brands of vitamin e I've taken orally.

Fortunately it works great topically. I don't even use the full dose of 20 drops. I probably use about 4 or 5 drops rubbed around my neck and throat and I feel great within about 10 minutes.

Wagner83

Yes, I did. It was pretty bad. Probably the worst out of all the brands of vitamin e I've taken orally.

Fortunately it works great topically. I don't even use the full dose of 20 drops. I probably use about 4 or 5 drops rubbed around my neck and throat and I feel great within about 10 minutes.

How long does it last?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My favorite Idealabs supplement so far. I'm heaps calmer and relaxed after using it (I use it topically as the oral route upsets my digestive system). It's helped me to drift off to sleep on quote a few bad nights.As others have noted, it is nothing like any other vitamin E supplement, at least the few others I have tried like Swanson and some other cheapos.

I haven't measured pulse and temp but will do so next time and report back. Hat tip to Mr haidut :hattip

Great, thanks for the feedback!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

I have had this experience with all types of vitamin E as well. I suspect it is due to the vitamin E irritating the gut as mentioned in that thread on intestinal bacteria and serotonin.
Serotonin Production (gut) Depends On Bacteria

thomas00

I've only used at night so far, a few hours before bed. It's effects usually last right up until I fall asleep. Or if I'm having a restless night it'll actually put me to sleep.

Amazoniac

Lucid,
My ears have shrunk about 10% in a matter of weeks. It's ok if you don't believe me because I wouldn't if I was reading something similar. I wasn't expecting anything, I thought that such things weren't possible, especially in such a brief period. It was probably a combination of factors and I can't trace back to anything specific. However I'm sure that some of your supplements contributed, TocoVit is one of them, highly suspected.
It immediately reminded me of your posts about stress and changes of facial features. In case you missed my message, please check it again.

I tried this supplement orally and it wasn't good. On the other hand I had good results with topical use.
However, after a few days I started to get some intense irritation. It reminded me of a few acne products that used to contain squalene that I always reacted to them. For being a thick substance, I suppose that it coats the hair follicles pretty much like the skin that doesn't shed in a coordinated manner and creates a favorable environment for acne, which seems to be what happened. When I analyzed closer, the reaction diokinetheconfusionabator seemed to occur around each follicle (leg) in an inflammed way.
Élie schooled me on this (from first reference):
Principles Of Human Physiology (1920)
upload_2017-6-11_15-46-5.png

upload_2017-6-11_15-46-13.png

So if anyone experiences some sort of irritation, it's worth considering applying supplements such as this on parts of the skin that don't have much hair.
All in all, I'm pretty impressed.

Last edited:

Tim Lundeen

I have also changed to using this on the skin -- it was ok orally for a few months, but then I started having gut upset (at 20 drops/day in 3 split doses). I've been using it on my legs/ankles/knuckles for the last month or so. Much improved mobility/flexibility in my knuckles, and it looks like varicose veins in my legs are shrinking. Still get good metabolic effects too.

Will report back in a couple of months...

TeslaFan

Update: I now take this at full dose (20 drops) daily. Given the past bad experience with vitamin E products, I started slowly.
I believe I read somewhere that Ray recommends keeping liquid vitamin E in the mouth for a few moments before ingesting. This would allow some to pass through the mouth mucosa as well, which is beneficial due to wider distribution. This is how I do it anyway.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals