Tocotrienols as vitamin E?

lvysaur

I've read that Peat discourages this, but for what reason?

I've read a lot of stuff about tocotrienols promoting hair growth, and I came upon Peat through Danny Roddy, so I would like to take them if not harmful.

haidut

Forum Supporter
lvysaur said:
I've read that Peat discourages this, but for what reason?

I've read a lot of stuff about tocotrienols promoting hair growth, and I came upon Peat through Danny Roddy, so I would like to take them if not harmful.

Peat said in the past that they are "unsaturated" and in animal studies tocotrienols promoted liver growth, which is clearly not good. Things that promote liver growth are typically estrogenic themselves, or promote the synthesis or action of estrogen. Think of alcohol as a good example of liver growth promoter and then search Peat's articles for his explanation on alcohol being estrogenic.
He also said that we really don't know much about long term effects of tocotrienol consumption in humans, so for now it's better to err on the side of caution.
A good tocopherol mixture with high content of gamma and delta tocopherols would also promote hair growth. Biotin is also a strong hair growth promoter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals