Tocopherol Associated With Prostate Cancer In Double Blind

J

j.

Re: Tocopherol associated with prostate cancer in double bli

Gamma tocopherol reduces prostate problems. Giving alpha tocopherol alone is not advisable, Peat recommends mixed tocopherols.

J

j.

Such_Saturation said:
Increased androgens?

Estrogen is what causes prostate problems.

OP
S

Anti-androgens slow growth of prostate cancer. I ain't saying that is a good treatment.

J

j.

Such_Saturation said:
Anti-androgens slow growth of prostate cancer. I ain't saying that is a good treatment.

Progesterone, an anti-androgen, also suppresses estrogen. The reason it works might be because it suppresses estrogen, not because it suppresses testosterone.

J

j.

Also, was the alpha tocopherol synthetic? Synthetic alpha tocopherol is only 12,5% equivalent to the natural vitamin E, the rest are compounds not found in natural vitamin E. Maybe that's what caused the problem.

J

j.

Men have peak testosterone levels in their 20s. At this age estrogen is very low. If prostate cancer was caused by testosterone, one would expect the highest risk group would be men in their 20s.

When men age, their testosterone decreases, and estrogen increases, and this is when they get prostate problems.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

j. said:
Such_Saturation said:
Increased androgens?

Estrogen is what causes prostate problems.
And high iron.

SQu

Would any of you guys have any advice for my dad who is 85 and in good shape but now has to go pee often, day and night? If estrogen lowering would be good, how would 25mg oral progesterone be? if it's vit e, I think he already takes but it'll be just the alpha type, probably synthetic. I could get him onto an oil of mixed types (wheatgerm based though) or dry vit e which I take. it's d-alpha tocopherol succinate. I don't like to see him decline when he is overall very strong and could carry on with good quality of life for years to come, hopefully!

J

j.

Progesterone might suppress testosterone, and I don't know if he'll feel good.

Vitamin E should be of the form mixed tocopherols. I haven't tried it, but Thorne Ultimate E looks like a good product.

J

j.

Another thing that I think would help is using coconut oil to cook instead of vegetable oils.

OP
S

j. said:
Men have peak testosterone levels in their 20s. At this age estrogen is very low. If prostate cancer was caused by testosterone, one would expect the highest risk group would be men in their 20s.

When men age, their testosterone decreases, and estrogen increases, and this is when they get prostate problems.

We are talking about a tumor that is ALREADY THERE. Don't you agree that testosterone makes certain things grow? Here, look: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgen ... on_therapy

J

j.

Probably, if testosterone is converted to estrogen.

J

j.

John Lee treated his prostate patients with progesterone and testosterone.

J

j.

Vitamin K2, which increases testosterone in rats, reduces prostate problems in rats.

OP
S

Do prostate problems include diagnosed tumors?

J

j.

John Lee claimed he shrank prostate tumors with progesterone, I don't know if he documented it.

SQu

Thank you! So it's mixed tocopherols and coconut oil probably for now. Also I've got to keep things simple for him, so not too much info at once.

OP
S

I think you could keep the supplementation under 200mg a day, these guys saw a study with benefits from some small amount but they decided to try 400mg and you can see the results.

J

j.

Such_Saturation said:
I think you could keep the supplementation under 200mg a day, these guys saw a study with benefits from some small amount but they decided to try 400mg and you can see the results.

You're talking about different substances. Alpha tocopherol is one thing, which depletes gamma tocopherol. When you add gamma tocopherol, is another thing, with different effects.

Furthermore, the synthetic alpha tocopherol is only 12,5% the substance found in nature, the rest is something that doesn't exist in natural vitamin E.

If gamma tocopherol is beneficial, it's expected that alpha tocopherol alone, which depletes gamma tocopherol, might have different effects.