To TCA300 : What Is Your Daily Regimen (diet And Supplements)?

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by High_Prob, Aug 2, 2017.

1. tca300

tca300 Member

I bet your right! Thats why Ray mentioned TOTAL fat intake would need to be low in addition to very low PUFA.

2. tca300

tca300 Member

That would be great! Thanks for the info!

3. tca300

tca300 Member

@raypeatclips

" It ( psyllium husk ) works for most people who have used it, but occasionally it can increase inflammation, so it’s good to be watchful. " ~ Ray Peat

Food Chem Toxicol. 1984 Jul;22(7):573-8.
    Effect of Metamucil on tumour formation by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine dihydrochloride in mice. Toth B. The effect of the plant cellulose metamucil on the tumorigenicity of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine dihydrochloride (1,2-DMH) was studied in random-bred Swiss mice. Three groups of mice, which were 5, 6 and 6 weeks old at the beginning of the experiment, were given the following treatments: (1) metamucil (20%, w/w) in powdered diet for their lifespan; (2) 1,2-DMH, ten weekly subcutaneous injections at 20 mg/kg body weight; (3) combination of treatments given to groups 1 and 2.
    The administration of metamucil enhanced the appearance of colon tumours induced by 1,2-DMH in males only. Metamucil had no statistically significant effect on the development of tumours elicited by 1,2-DMH at seven additional sites. It was expected that a high amount of dietary fibre would inhibit carcinogenesis in the large intestine. Instead, metamucil increased the incidence of colon tumours induced by 1,2-DMH, although only in males.

Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1986 Dec;183(3):299-310.
    Relationship between dietary fiber and cancer: metabolic, physiologic, and
    cellular mechanisms.
    Jacobs LR.
    The relationships between fiber consumption and human cancer rates have been examined, together with an analysis of the effects of individual dietary fibers on the experimental induction of large bowel cancer. The human epidemiology indicates an inverse correlation between high fiber consumption and lower colon cancer rates. Cereal fiber sources show the most consistent negative correlation.
    However, human case-control studies in general fail to confirm any protectiveeffect due to dietary fiber. Case-control studies indicate that if any source of dietary fiber is possibly antineoplastic then it is probably vegetables. These results may mean that purified fibers alone do not inhibit tumor development, whereas it is likely that some other factors present in vegetables are antineoplastic. Experiments in laboratory animals, using chemical induction of large bowel cancer, have in general shown a protective effect with supplements of poorly fermentable fibers such as wheat bran or cellulose. In contrast, a number of fermentable fiber supplements including pectin, corn bran, oat bran, undegraded carageenan, agar, psyllium, guar gum, and alfalfa have been shown to enhance tumor development. Possible mechanisms by which fibers may inhibit colon
    tumorigenesis include dilution and adsorption of any carcinogens and/or promoters contained within the intestinal lumen, the modulation of colonic microbialmetabolic activity, and biological modification of intestinal epithelial cells.
    Dietary fibers not only bind carcinogens, bile acids, and other potential toxins but also essential nutrients, such as minerals, which can inhibit the
    carcinogenic process. Fermentation of fibers within the large bowel results in the production of short chain fatty acids, which in vivo stimulate cell
    proliferation, while butyrate appears to be antineoplastic in vitro. Evidence
    suggests that if dietary fibers stimulate cell proliferation during the stage of
    initiation, then this may lead to tumor enhancement. Fermentation also lowers luminal pH, which in turn modifies colonic microbial metabolic acidity, and is associated with increased epithelial cell proliferation and colon carcinogenesis. Because dietary fibers differ in their physiochemical properties it has been difficult to identify a single mechanism by which fibers modify colon carcinogenesis. Clearly, more metabolic and physiological studies are needed to fully define the mechanisms by which certain fibers inhibit while others enhance experimental colon carcinogenesis.

The bold is Ray's

I might just spend extra money and buy whole fruit from now on, just to be safe.

4. dfspcc20

dfspcc20 Member

@tca300 are you able to find skim milk w/o added vitamins? Or does that not bother you?
    I've been suspecting synthetic vitamin A bothers my gut. I can find a local 1% w/o anything added, but not skim.

5. tca300

tca300 Member

I actually dont have any brands around where I live that dont have the vitamins added, so unfortunately I have to deal with it, but I personally haven't noticed and issues with the added vitamins.

6. Evandrojr

Evandrojr Member

Thanks @tca300 ! My diet is pretty similar except im not currently using any supps, except Whey post workout, and I don't do Apple cider vinegar. How do you use the ACV and why?

7. tca300

tca300 Member

I take a spoonful during my meal of mushrooms for an added germicidal effect.

8. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

@tca300 Thank you for the tag! I'm still not sure about psyllium after that response either. Have you not found benefit from the carrot/bamboo/mushroom?

9. tca300

tca300 Member

Ya I'm still confused. Im going to try just using mushrooms and maybe a carrot if I feel the need. I really like bamboo shoots but I'm hesitant after reading about the heavy pesticide content of the ones from china, which are the only ones I can find.

10. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Did you see these two mails from Ray about mushrooms? Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

11. sladerunner69

sladerunner69 Member

Econ Student
    Do you have a quote for that? I beleive Peat himself tries to stay below 5 grams not .5 grams.

12. Gadsie

Gadsie Member

I dont feel like looking for the quote right now, but peat said 0.5g for depletion. Below 4 grams for general health

13. Elysium

Elysium Member

That's like cooking a meal for an hour and then throwing it in the dumpster before a single bite. It is not only unatural, it is unhealthy, and scientifically and biologically completely unfounded and unsupported. The whole process of sex primes the body for the ejaculation, the glands, the hormones, all get hyped up ready to fire. What do you think happens when you chronically abort it? You honestly think you're doing your body any favors? It's almost laughable if it wasn't so sad and destructive, being presented as a good advise.

Btw what does your partner think of these false alarms, doesn't he miss the laser beam, as you say. What does this kind of voodoo notion do to a relationship with the sex partner? I'm all for all kinds of sexual deviations but this doesn't even qualify as one as even the fetishes usually aim for gratification. Here it's all reversed and backward. Just really bad bad advice.

14. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

What's your obsession with wanting dudes to ejaculate lol

15. Elysium

Elysium Member

That is a sureal question (completely aside from the obvious gay hint..yeah good one). I hope you appreciate the other wordiness of it. Like it's a new norm or a lifestyle choice that should be respected. I honestly don't care who comes or not, just pointing out the ridiculousness of it being dispensed as somehow a healthy habit, where it's likely the opposite. When Peat gets his wikipedia page one day, it will be a shame for flat earth theories and aborted ejaculations to be listed as areas his followers tend to explore. But that is the direction in which it's going.

16. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Writer
    upload_2017-8-5_4-35-56.png

upload_2017-8-5_4-36-14.png

upload_2017-8-5_4-36-34.png

upload_2017-8-5_4-36-47.png

upload_2017-8-5_4-37-14.png

upload_2017-8-5_4-37-30.png

17. Gadsie

Gadsie Member

18. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Writer
    You better get used to writing your books on the toilet.

19. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

Why would his "followers" get a Wikipedia page?

20. Elysium

Elysium Member

Because without them Peat is just some old retired dude.