To TCA300 : What Is Your Daily Regimen (diet And Supplements)?

T

tca300

I think one way of knowing whether you burn through your PUFA or not is weight loss. If it is true that stored fat is predominantly unsaturated, loosing weight in my view is a clear indication that you burn PUFA as well. That's why I doubt this absolute number of 0.5 grams. Muscles burn fat at rest. Someone who eats 3500 kcals a day, but 10 grams (90 kcals) of fat only, surely burns those (no matter if saturated or unsaturated) in the course of a day, especially if this person is physically active as well. Also there are a lot of reports in this forum from members losing body fat during very low fat dieting. Therefore, in my view the absolute amount of total fat in the diet also determines if one is able to burn more PUFA than ingested.
I bet your right! Thats why Ray mentioned TOTAL fat intake would need to be low in addition to very low PUFA.

T

tca300

I did a fair bit of research on this, and came up with, on the safe side, 0.7g of PUFA would put me into the deficiency zone IE where Mead Acid suddenly skyrockets. I think I saved all my info in a file somewhere and I can try and dig it up. I think going as high as 1g per day would probably still achieve this.

It's important to realize that different PUFA's have different effects on Mead Acid production. AA is 3 times more potent that LA at preventing Mead Acid production. So if the only PUFA you had in your diet was LA then you may be "deficient" at 1g of PUFA or even 1% of total calories (an often cited number) whereas if you had purely arachidonic acid, you would need to get as low as 0.3g per day. You can consume even more omega 3 and be in the deficient state. I don't remember the percentage difference compared to LA but as an example, if you were able to be in a deficient state with 1g of LA you may be able to go as high as 5g with fish oil and remain in the deficient state. Now, obviously people eat a mix of fats (generally), but my point is the number can change. If you eat oysters, which is higher in omega 3 PUFA, you may be able to get away with a bit more PUFA that day and still remain in the deficiency zone, IE the zone where you're creating a lot of Mead Acid. If you consume a lot of liver you may need to consume less PUFA to remain deficient since liver is a good source of AA.

Anyway, I'll try to find my notes on this as the above numbers I cited are just examples (guesses) though I think the AA being 3 times more potent than LA is accurate.
That would be great! Thanks for the info!

T

tca300

@raypeatclips

" It ( psyllium husk ) works for most people who have used it, but occasionally it can increase inflammation, so it’s good to be watchful. " ~ Ray Peat

Food Chem Toxicol. 1984 Jul;22(7):573-8.
Effect of Metamucil on tumour formation by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine dihydrochloride in mice. Toth B. The effect of the plant cellulose metamucil on the tumorigenicity of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine dihydrochloride (1,2-DMH) was studied in random-bred Swiss mice. Three groups of mice, which were 5, 6 and 6 weeks old at the beginning of the experiment, were given the following treatments: (1) metamucil (20%, w/w) in powdered diet for their lifespan; (2) 1,2-DMH, ten weekly subcutaneous injections at 20 mg/kg body weight; (3) combination of treatments given to groups 1 and 2.
The administration of metamucil enhanced the appearance of colon tumours induced by 1,2-DMH in males only. Metamucil had no statistically significant effect on the development of tumours elicited by 1,2-DMH at seven additional sites. It was expected that a high amount of dietary fibre would inhibit carcinogenesis in the large intestine. Instead, metamucil increased the incidence of colon tumours induced by 1,2-DMH, although only in males.

Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1986 Dec;183(3):299-310.
Relationship between dietary fiber and cancer: metabolic, physiologic, and
cellular mechanisms.
Jacobs LR.
The relationships between fiber consumption and human cancer rates have been examined, together with an analysis of the effects of individual dietary fibers on the experimental induction of large bowel cancer. The human epidemiology indicates an inverse correlation between high fiber consumption and lower colon cancer rates. Cereal fiber sources show the most consistent negative correlation.
However, human case-control studies in general fail to confirm any protectiveeffect due to dietary fiber. Case-control studies indicate that if any source of dietary fiber is possibly antineoplastic then it is probably vegetables. These results may mean that purified fibers alone do not inhibit tumor development, whereas it is likely that some other factors present in vegetables are antineoplastic. Experiments in laboratory animals, using chemical induction of large bowel cancer, have in general shown a protective effect with supplements of poorly fermentable fibers such as wheat bran or cellulose. In contrast, a number of fermentable fiber supplements including pectin, corn bran, oat bran, undegraded carageenan, agar, psyllium, guar gum, and alfalfa have been shown to enhance tumor development. Possible mechanisms by which fibers may inhibit colon
tumorigenesis include dilution and adsorption of any carcinogens and/or promoters contained within the intestinal lumen, the modulation of colonic microbialmetabolic activity, and biological modification of intestinal epithelial cells.
Dietary fibers not only bind carcinogens, bile acids, and other potential toxins but also essential nutrients, such as minerals, which can inhibit the
carcinogenic process. Fermentation of fibers within the large bowel results in the production of short chain fatty acids, which in vivo stimulate cell
proliferation, while butyrate appears to be antineoplastic in vitro. Evidence
suggests that if dietary fibers stimulate cell proliferation during the stage of
initiation, then this may lead to tumor enhancement. Fermentation also lowers luminal pH, which in turn modifies colonic microbial metabolic acidity, and is associated with increased epithelial cell proliferation and colon carcinogenesis. Because dietary fibers differ in their physiochemical properties it has been difficult to identify a single mechanism by which fibers modify colon carcinogenesis. Clearly, more metabolic and physiological studies are needed to fully define the mechanisms by which certain fibers inhibit while others enhance experimental colon carcinogenesis.

The bold is Ray's

I might just spend extra money and buy whole fruit from now on, just to be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

dfspcc20

@tca300 are you able to find skim milk w/o added vitamins? Or does that not bother you?
I've been suspecting synthetic vitamin A bothers my gut. I can find a local 1% w/o anything added, but not skim.

T

tca300

@tca300 are you able to find skim milk w/o added vitamins? Or does that not bother you?
I've been suspecting synthetic vitamin A bothers my gut. I can find a local 1% w/o anything added, but not skim.
I actually dont have any brands around where I live that dont have the vitamins added, so unfortunately I have to deal with it, but I personally haven't noticed and issues with the added vitamins.

T

tca300

Thanks @tca300 ! My diet is pretty similar except im not currently using any supps, except Whey post workout, and I don't do Apple cider vinegar. How do you use the ACV and why?
I take a spoonful during my meal of mushrooms for an added germicidal effect.

T

tca300

@tca300 Thank you for the tag! I'm still not sure about psyllium after that response either. Have you not found benefit from the carrot/bamboo/mushroom?
Ya I'm still confused. Im going to try just using mushrooms and maybe a carrot if I feel the need. I really like bamboo shoots but I'm hesitant after reading about the heavy pesticide content of the ones from china, which are the only ones I can find.

sladerunner69

Unless your PUFA intake has been at or below .5 grams per day for years, as well as low total fat, your not depleted. Even 1-2 grams per day with a moderate or high calorie intake will keep that small amount of PUFA accumulating. Sorry for the bad news.

Do you have a quote for that? I beleive Peat himself tries to stay below 5 grams not .5 grams.

Gadsie

Do you have a quote for that? I beleive Peat himself tries to stay below 5 grams not .5 grams.
I dont feel like looking for the quote right now, but peat said 0.5g for depletion. Below 4 grams for general health

Elysium

Sex basically everyday, but self control. I'm known for my self control. Its not as satisfying as an orgasim, but its enough after you get use to it, for me anyways. Its worth it to me and the negatives I personally believe to come from constantly making your body lose and and to constantly produce such immensely complex genetic material is taxing and life draining. But I reserve the right to be wrong and change my mind. My energy, strength, and focus are much greater when I dont ejaculate. Thats my experience.

That's like cooking a meal for an hour and then throwing it in the dumpster before a single bite. It is not only unatural, it is unhealthy, and scientifically and biologically completely unfounded and unsupported. The whole process of sex primes the body for the ejaculation, the glands, the hormones, all get hyped up ready to fire. What do you think happens when you chronically abort it? You honestly think you're doing your body any favors? It's almost laughable if it wasn't so sad and destructive, being presented as a good advise.

Btw what does your partner think of these false alarms, doesn't he miss the laser beam, as you say. What does this kind of voodoo notion do to a relationship with the sex partner? I'm all for all kinds of sexual deviations but this doesn't even qualify as one as even the fetishes usually aim for gratification. Here it's all reversed and backward. Just really bad bad advice.

raypeatclips

That's like cooking a meal for an hour and then throwing it in the dumpster before a single bite. It is not only unatural, it is unhealthy, and scientifically and biologically completely unfounded and unsupported. The whole process of sex primes the body for the ejaculation, the glands, the hormones, all get hyped up ready to fire. What do you think happens when you chronically abort it? You honestly think you're doing your body any favors? It's almost laughable if it wasn't so sad and destructive, being presented as a good advise.

Btw what does your partner think of these false alarms, doesn't he miss the laser beam, as you say. What does this kind of voodoo notion do to a relationship with the sex partner? I'm all for all kinds of sexual deviations but this doesn't even qualify as one as even the fetishes usually aim for gratification. Here it's all reversed and backward. Just really bad bad advice.

What's your obsession with wanting dudes to ejaculate lol

Elysium

What's your obsession with wanting dudes to ejaculate lol

That is a sureal question (completely aside from the obvious gay hint..yeah good one). I hope you appreciate the other wordiness of it. Like it's a new norm or a lifestyle choice that should be respected. I honestly don't care who comes or not, just pointing out the ridiculousness of it being dispensed as somehow a healthy habit, where it's likely the opposite. When Peat gets his wikipedia page one day, it will be a shame for flat earth theories and aborted ejaculations to be listed as areas his followers tend to explore. But that is the direction in which it's going.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

I think he was basing it on an average person. He mentioned low total fat too, probably because if too much saturated is eaten, your body will burn it and store the PUFA, rather than burn it all. I think eating under .6% ( of needed ) calories from PUFA in the long run would deplete someone.
If you need 2500 cals to maintain your weight then you would probably need to eat about 1.3 grams of PUFA ( at the very most per day indefinitely ) and adjust as needed based on needed calories. So yes I think someone with a higher metabolic rate could get away with more PUFA. Easy exercise ( like non stressful walking ) would be helpful by increasing caloric needs, allowing more PUFA to be injested, and subsequently burned off. I base this hypothesis on rat studies showing eating under .6% of needed calories from PUFA makes the body start to make mead acid, which is a sign of "essential fatty acid deficiency ". @TwiNN @Dobbler
Its probably impossible to deplete PUFA without using refined foods and supplements.
Body fat stores will reflect the fat ratio you eat, ( all fats and foods from nature contain some PUFA)
Most people gain fat as they age, which means caloric surplus, which means PUFA accumulating with age..... :hangingaround

My take for the typical human, is avoid bad oils, find a good vitamin E supplement, and eat nutritious foods.
upload_2017-8-5_4-35-56.png

upload_2017-8-5_4-36-14.png

upload_2017-8-5_4-36-34.png

upload_2017-8-5_4-36-47.png

upload_2017-8-5_4-37-14.png

upload_2017-8-5_4-37-30.png

DaveFoster

Lol,
I'm writing a book, milk & date anti-aging diet :p. I think I could keep that up for about 2 days.
You better get used to writing your books on the toilet.

raypeatclips

That is a sureal question (completely aside from the obvious gay hint..yeah good one). I hope you appreciate the other wordiness of it. Like it's a new norm or a lifestyle choice that should be respected. I honestly don't care who comes or not, just pointing out the ridiculousness of it being dispensed as somehow a healthy habit, where it's likely the opposite. When Peat gets his wikipedia page one day, it will be a shame for flat earth theories and aborted ejaculations to be listed as areas his followers tend to explore. But that is the direction in which it's going.

Why would his "followers" get a Wikipedia page?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals