To TCA300 : What Is Your Daily Regimen (diet And Supplements)?

Waremu

Isn't it amazing how with the right diet and lifestyle we can reverse aging? At least from a hormonal perspective. My test levels are in the 400s to 500s now, but pre-peat they were in the low 200s. I've come a long way over the years. I attribute the increase to more carbs and less PUFA. I've artificially raised my test levels >1000 before but actually felt worse. That experiment taught me that it's not necessarily the absolute number that matters but how one feels, as well as the balance of other hormones. Now my focus is to support hormones in a way that is sustainable and not suppressive.

You truly inspire me with what you have achieved. I naturally have no problem with drinking lots of milk and just need to eat more liver to avoid copper issues. One last question, you said you tried thyroid before. At what point did you realize that it wasn't working for you and you needed to come off? I'm currently in the process of weaning myself off. Thx

Liver is very good, but I wouldn't rely on it for copper, personally, only if your requirement for Vitamin A isn't very high, because you'd have to eat a lot of Vitamin A to get high amounts of copper, and for many, it may be too much Vitamin A. Some people need 10,000 IU of vitamin A, and so they could eat an OZ or more and use it as a good source of Vitamin and copper, but those who only need 3000 or 5000 IU's of Vitamin A likely would need to add copper in from elsewhere, unless they use it to add copper in conjunction to other copper foods. Lobster is a really good source of copper that is low PUFA.

Last edited:

stevrd

Liver is very good, but I wouldn't rely on it for copper, personally, because you'd have to eat a lot of Vitamin A to get high amounts of copper, and for many, it may be too much Vitamin A. Some people need 10,000 IU of vitamin A, and so they could eat an OZ or more and use it as a good source of Vitamin A, but those who only need 3000 or 5000 IU's of Vitamin A likely would need to add copper in from elsewhere. Lobster is a really good source that is low PUFA.

Thanks. Lucky for me my vitamin a requirement is pretty high. But I also eat plenty of dark chocolate and sometimes oysters for copper.

Waremu

Thanks. Lucky for me my vitamin a requirement is pretty high. But I also eat plenty of dark chocolate and sometimes oysters for copper.

That's good. Oysters are very high in zinc too, but I speculate that lobster is a better source of copper, since, while it has a good source of zinc also, it isn't anywhere as high as Oysters is in zinc, so the very high zinc in oysters may somewhat interfere with copper as the two minerals compete. Thats why I like to rely on lobster or chocolate, etc., for copper over oysters, but oysters for the zinc, just to be safe. But that isn't to say the copper isn't absorbed well or whatever in oysters, just something I tend to do to be safe and make sure I get plenty of copper outside of relying on high zinc foods like oysters for a main or only copper source, to cover all my bases.

T

tca300

Thanks for responding.
I'm also wondering if dairy is as anabolic as flesh. I've read from several members that dairy wasn't as good as meat despite the evidence/claims that it's a great bioavailable protein source.
I think muscle meat is better than dairy for the sole purpose of building muscle, because the amino acid composition is the same as our muscle tissue. That being said, milk is more nutritious than meat, and for myself supports a much higher testosterone level, body temperature, etc..

T

tca300

@tca300 How are you doing man? Did you introduced something new into your regime? I'm still doing 0 fibers and doing great!
Doing great! Thanks for asking! Yes, over the last few weeks I've been consuming the yolks of soft boiled eggs ( high quality eggs, not generic ones ). I've noticed that since introducing them, red light heats my body up, as before I didn't really feel any heat changes after receiving red light, now I get extra hot and sweaty afterwards. I feel smarter, I find myself thinking quicker, reading faster, and noticed improved verbal fluency. I also found that I need an extra cup or so of milk to keep from losing weight, as the egg yolks have further increased my metabolism.

I dont remember mentioning it but starting September 1st I dropped skim milk and have been using 1% exclusively, mostly for taste purposes, but I have noticed that between using 1% milk and egg yolks I feel even more stress resistant than before, also needing to retreat to my deck outside, ( its averaging 45° F during the day where I live outside, and 65 - 68 °F in my home ) in shorts and a t-shirt as I'm even warmer than before.

So the difference is the change to all 1% milk, instead of a combination with skim 0%, and soft boiled egg yolks.

As of a few weeks/month ago my diet consists of
• 1% Milk
• Egg yolks
• Beef Liver
• Mussels Occasionally
• Sometimes Dark Roast Coffee

Last edited by a moderator:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Doing great! Thanks for asking! Yes, over the last few weeks I've been consuming the yolks of soft boiled eggs ( high quality eggs, not generic ones ). I've noticed that since introducing them, red light heats my body up, as before I didn't really feel any heat changes after receiving red light, now I get extra hot and sweaty afterwards. I feel smarter, I find myself thinking quicker, reading faster, and noticed improved verbal fluency. I also found that I need an extra cup or so of milk to keep from losing weight, as the egg yolks have further increased my metabolism.

I dont remember mentioning it but starting September 1st I dropped skim milk and have been using 1% exclusively, mostly for taste purposes, but I have noticed that between using 1% milk and egg yolks I feel even more stress resistant than before, also needing to retreat to my deck outside, ( its averaging 45° F during the day where I live outside, and 65 - 68 °F in my home ) in shorts and a t-shirt as I'm even warmer than before.

So the difference is the change to all 1% milk, instead of a combination with skim 0%, and soft boiled egg yolks.

• 1% Milk
• Egg yolks
• Beef Liver
• Mussels Occasionally
Fantastic!

ExCarniv

• 1% Milk
• Egg yolks
• Beef Liver
• Mussels Occasionally

How do you get enough calories?

T

tca300

Any grey hair? I noticed that Georgi has grey in his beard, but none on his head.o_O
I have two on my head that I can see ( dark brown hair ) one on top, and one on my left side, but I have had them since I was a freshman in high school. One of the kids I road the bus with yanked the one on my side out one time :lol:

I have a couple in my beard too, but I only have seen two as well, and they were there a decade ago.

No new ones to report.

Antonello

• 1% Milk
• Egg yolks
• Beef Liver
• Mussels Occasionally
Inspiration! Thank you.
I saw in the past you mentioned pregnenolone is the only steroid you take, do you experiment with other stuff or there in no need for hormonal optimization after you fix the gut inflammation?

T

tca300

Inspiration! Thank you.
I saw in the past you mentioned pregnenolone is the only steroid you take, do you experiment with other stuff or there in no need for hormonal optimization after you fix the gut inflammation?
After elimination of all foods that caused bloating/gas/allergy, along with making sure of adequate nutrition, I had zero symptoms that would suggest the need of any support from Thyroid, Pregnenolone, Progesterone, and or DHEA.

I think too many people focus on PUFA and are convinced that there is a separation of purely good and purely bad foods and neglect symptoms of bloating, gas, and or allergy. All those things will interfere with good thyroid function, which can cause people to give up because they have been eating low PUFA and consuming a equal or greater amount of calcium in relation to phosphorus etc, etc..

Serotonin, Nitric Oxide, Parathyroid Hormone, Histamine, Prolactin, Estrogen, Adrenaline, Cortisol, Reverse T3, as well as others can all fire off directly or indirectly from things that cause gas, bloating, and or allergy, irregardless of low PUFA consumption.

It's a contextual thing, and each individual would need to experiment with foods to see which ones cause symptoms and which ones dont. Committing to a legitimate elimination experiment.

I restricted PUFA for roughly a decade and only made partial improvements. Focusing on gut health as well, made me realize that there were many more improvements to be made and that I had been missing pieces to my health puzzle the whole time.

ME: Do you think its possible that if someone has been chronically eating foods they are allergic or sensitive to that the body might defensively lower thyroid function? When I avoid foods that I believe I'm allergic or sensitive too, my temperature rises dramatically, as well as my sense of wellbeing. Thanks!

Ray Peat
: The stress hormones produced by allergy cause the liver to convert thyroxine to reverse T3, lowering thyroid function, apparently in a kind of defensive semi-hibernation.

ME:
Do you think if a specific food causes gas/bloating for an individual that its best avoided? And one should stick to foods that dont give those symptoms? Thank you!

Ray Peat: Yes. Everyone has different intestinal bacteria, and their reactions are affected by foods. If there are nutritional deficiencies, more foods can cause problems, because digestion is less efficient. Vitamin D and thyroid are especially important for digestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

theLaw

I restricted PUFA for roughly a decade and only made partial improvements. Focusing on gut health as well, made me realize that there were many more improvements to be made and that I had been missing pieces to my health puzzle the whole time.

Pardon the interjection.

I've noticed some other ways to improve digestion which lower stress hormones as a side effect leading to a similar outcome.

For instance:

- Certain types of exercise (literally speeding up digestion as fuel is needed immediately)

- BCAA/Creatine

- Increasing protein

- Increasing fat

- Coffee/caffeine

- Lowering liquids

- Increasing Salt

- Carrots/activated charcoal

I suspect that gut issues are basically very time-sensitive, so anything to increase the power/speed of digestion and/or clean out the gut asap is one of the keys to seeing improvements.

There are tons of YouTubers who eat huge amounts of calories, who should be presenting significant digestive issues, but they seem relatively healthy.

They all seem to have the following in common:

1. Eating a hyper-caloric intuitive diet (high protein/high carb/high fat)

2. Taking a combo of two or more of the following : BCAA/Creatine/Protein Powder

3. Frequent heavy exercise (weights + cardio)

I think that the shift to healthier foods is difficult because we're all used to highly-dehydrated caloricly-dense diets. Basically, Matt Stone was dead-on with his re-feeding theory (although, there's probably a more optimal way to approach it).

Just some thoughts. Thanks TCA300 for all of your info. Much appreciated!!!:D

RPDiciple

@tca300 really cool to hear about the switch from skimmed to 1%. You say that the metabolism did not change after getting more fat from milk? That you had to reduce the amount of milk compared to skimmed because of added calories?

Like you, my meals are sometimes 1-2 quarts of skimmed milk,did you notice a change when meals were 1% compared to skimmed?

Interesting about how much fat you need each meal to assimulate. Is it 12-14 grams not matter the size of the meal? Or is it more % based like you mention 20%. 2 liter/quarts of extra light milk here in Norway has 14grams of fat, but that is 16%.

Last edited:
T

tca300

@RPDiciple I haven't noticed a change in caloric needs while consuming more fat. Yes, total cups had to go down as fattier milk is being consumed.

I didn't feel anxious before but more fat does seem to have a calming effect. Also higher libido, physical strength went up some, maybe deeper sleep, also tastes better :lol:.

I'm not sure, but I like to spread out fat intake evenly so as to maximize digestion/absorption of each meal.

T

tca300

Just to add, about three weeks ago I stopped eating egg yolks as they became repulsive for some reason. I have added a little more milk fat after dropping the yolks and have found it gives me all the benefits I was feeling from the egg yolks, but more pronounced. At the moment I'm consuming about 25% of total calories from fat, 99% of which is from dairy fat.

baccheion

@tca300 do you have the mutations at MCM6 and LCT that result in lactase persistence? Have you had any testing done to see if lactase is upregulated? Are there any (potential, even) issues with such a high amount of calcium and phosphorus? Where do you get vitamin C, E, and K? Iron? Manganese? Do you now supplement salt or gelatin?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals