To TCA300 : What Is Your Daily Regimen (diet And Supplements)?

Inaut

maybe start with small amounts as Peat has suggested and slowly increase amounts ?

T

tca300

So you think that milk feeds bacteria less than fruits? Even if you have bad case of SIBO? I recently started drinking milk again and im having increased bloating and today had pretty painful stomach. Should i just keep drinking it? I want to do well with milk because otherwise the PUFA amount is just too high and high fat diet makes me gain weight.
Sure, just jumping in to it typically has unpleasant symptoms, which is why ray reccomends just adding a cup or so with your meals for a week or so, until the body upregulates lactase. Then once lactase is being produced, the lactose will be digested.

Fruit in my opinion has a massively higher potential for bacteria overproduction because of all the fiber with its other various plant matter products that are not digested by mammalian enzymes, as well as most fruit has a higher amount of fructose in comparison to glucose. Its common that people dont absorb fructose very well unless an equal or greater amount of glucose is present. Which means that un-absorbed fructose will feed bacteria. Many people I know get gas from even sucrose, so I think its more common than even this study suggests.

Absorption capacity of fructose in healthy adults. Comparison with sucrose and its constituent monosaccharides. - PubMed - NCBI

Dobbler

Sure, just jumping in to it typically has unpleasant symptoms, which is why ray reccomends just adding a cup or so with your meals for a week or so, until the body upregulates lactase. Then once lactase is being produced, the lactose will be digested.

Fruit in my opinion has a massively higher potential for bacteria overproduction because of all the fiber with its other various plant matter products that are not digested by mammalian enzymes, as well as most fruit has a higher amount of fructose in comparison to glucose. Its common that people dont absorb fructose very well unless an equal or greater amount of glucose is present. Which means that un-absorbed fructose will feed bacteria. Many people I know get gas from even sucrose, so I think its more common than even this study suggests.

Absorption capacity of fructose in healthy adults. Comparison with sucrose and its constituent monosaccharides. - PubMed - NCBI
Do you think the casein+lactose is more inflammatory than say beef ? Or does the lighter structure and less PUFA make it easier food for the body to handle?

T

tca300

Do you think the casein+lactose is more inflammatory than say beef ? Or does the lighter structure and less PUFA make it easier food for the body to handle?
Well beef is high in iron, has a terrible phosphate to calcium ratio, and unless its boiled or eaten raw, the high temperature cooking creates various harmful substances including 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo 4,5-b pyridine which is a very potent estrogenic carcinogen.

The cooked food derived carcinogen 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b] pyridine is a potent oestrogen: a mechanistic basis for its tissue-speci... - PubMed - NCBI

Using 3D MCF-7 mammary spheroids to assess the genotoxicity of mixtures of the food-derived carcinogens benzo[a]pyrene and 2-amino-1-methyl-6-pheny... - PubMed - NCBI

PhIP carcinogenicity in breast cancer: computational and experimental evidence for competitive interactions with human estrogen receptor. - PubMed - NCBI

That being said many dont seem to tolerate dairy, but im not sure how well they accounted for other things in the diet, and or tried different types of milk. At the end of the day, there is NO perfect food, and in my opinion, its about eating the lesser of the evils, in conjunction with specific digestive/allergy context.

Last edited by a moderator:

MatheusPN

My estrogen is low, my testosterone is above average high, but thank you!
Also... Is interesting that your T is above average high and estrogen low, because this is difficult, you know your DHT, ADG, Andro etc. Levels?
This can explain

I am vegan! But I know how good milk can be, nutrients, K2 etc. Fruits and milk are complimentary and sugary

T

tca300

Also... Is interesting that your T is above average high and estrogen low, because this is difficult, you know your DHT, ADG, Andro etc. Levels?
This can explain

I am vegan! But I know how good milk can be, nutrients, K2 etc. Fruits and milk are complimentary and sugary
Nope, never been interested in checking anything other than the estrogens, total testosterone, prolactin, cortisol, tsh, cholesterol, and mead acid.

I think my low level of endotoxin and PUFA, in conjunction with no gut irritation causing elevated nitric oxide and serotonin account for my low estrogens and High T, as all can heavily activate aromatase, converting my Testosterone into estrogens.

That being said, I have noticed that when I have had a previous week of very high intensity sessions with weight lifting ( I have a bad habbit of pushing myself to failure on big lifts with multiple sets i.e squats, deadlifts, weighted pull ups, seal rows, etc ) my estrogens do go up some, and testosterone down, almost proportionally, but neither by a lot.

I guess I'm opposite of you, as I dont eat any plants, only animal products.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waremu

Nope, never been interested in checking anything other than the estrogens, total testosterone, prolactin, cortisol, tsh, cholesterol, and mead acid.

I think my low level of endotoxin and PUFA, in conjunction with no gut irritation causing elevated nitric oxide and serotonin account for my low estrogens and High T, as all can heavily activate aromatase, converting my Testosterone into estrogens.

That being said, I have noticed that when I have had a previous week of very high intensity sessions with weight lifting ( I have a bad habbit of pushing myself to failure on big lifts with multiple sets i.e squats, deadlifts, weighted pull ups, seal rows, etc ) my estrogens do go up some, and testosterone down, almost proportionally, but neither by a lot.

I guess I'm opposite of you, as I dont eat any plants, only animal products.

Just curious, what method do you use to measure your mead acid? Is it the one Haidut mentioned a while back, or something else?

I am also curious, have you ever experimented with how high in PUFA consumption you can go before you stop producing it?

T

tca300

Just curious, what method do you use to measure your mead acid? Is it the one Haidut mentioned a while back, or something else?

I am also curious, have you ever experimented with how high in PUFA consumption you can go before you stop producing it?
Blood test, but I'm thinking testing tissue levels somehow would be more accurate.

No I haven't, I always try and keep PUFA as low as possible with the exception of an experiment a while back with olive oil, but I was in a calorie deficit, was less than 2 tablespoons, and didn't last more than a few days.

ilikecats

@tca300 you look pretty lean in your pic and I think you mentioned you’re a personal trainer. Have you ever asked peat about optimal body fat percentages in men? Or what’s the lowest you can have and still be in optimal health?

T

tca300

@ilikecats I asked him a few years ago

" If thyroid function, DHEA and testosterone are good, keeping muscle mass up, I think fat will usually be around 20 to 22%. " - Ray Peat

I gained weight a while back to see how I felt at about 20% . I felt great, but admittedly am pretty vain, and at 20% muscle definition isn't good. I like to stay between 10 - 12 % even though thats a super rough estimate as practically all methods of checking body fat are unreliable. I have been lower than that a few times, and its just not a good idea health wise. Even sleeping on a soft bed is challenging because of the lack of cushion from very low fat percentages. Ray mentioned that body fat ( and muscle ) act as a buffer against stress, which is in my opinion why many feel much better at higher body fat levels.

YourUniverse

@ilikecats
" If thyroid function, DHEA and testosterone are good, keeping muscle mass up, I think fat will usually be around 20 to 22%. " - Ray Peat

Eye opening. I suppose the carbohydrate and nutrition necessary to keep thyroid up results in quite a surplus of calories. T and DHEA can't be high if calories are missing, either. Very cool - I spent most of my adult life at ~20% bf, pat on the back? I always thought I looked good, did pretty well with women, etc. but I must confess I was envious of the super lean/ripped look that seemed to take a lot of suffering to get.

T

tca300

Eye opening. I suppose the carbohydrate and nutrition necessary to keep thyroid up results in quite a surplus of calories. T and DHEA can't be high if calories are missing, either. Very cool - I spent most of my adult life at ~20% bf, pat on the back? I always thought I looked good, did pretty well with women, etc. but I must confess I was envious of the super lean/ripped look that seemed to take a lot of suffering to get.
I have always wondered why so many people ( myself included ) prefer the lean muscular look to the softer chubbier look if it equals bad health etc.. also weird, too lean is unattractive as well, so to me there seems to be a natural sweet spot that most humans prefer.

RPDiciple

@ilikecats I asked him a few years ago

I gained weight a while back to see how I felt at about 20% . I felt great, but admittedly am pretty vain, and at 20% muscle definition isn't good. I like to stay between 10 - 12 % even though thats a super rough estimate as practically all methods of checking body fat are unreliable. I have been lower than that a few times, and its just not a good idea health wise. Even sleeping on a soft bed is challenging because of the lack of cushion from very low fat percentages. Ray mentioned that body fat ( and muscle ) act as a buffer against stress, which is in my opinion why many feel much better at higher body fat levels.

Ray also told me that, the better your thyroid function is. The lower you can keep your body fat% without feeling the bad effects

RPDiciple

@tca300 Thank you for all the information. How is your daily food/calorie/macro look now? and at what body fat%. Seems like you have upped your milk intake to more then previous? any positive effects from that? maintaining weight at more calories ?. Ray told me that calcium and coconut oil was the two things that had the most impact on raising the metabolic rate.

Gadsie

I have always wondered why so many people ( myself included ) prefer the lean muscular look to the softer chubbier look if it equals bad health etc.. also weird, too lean is unattractive as well, so to me there seems to be a natural sweet spot that most humans prefer.
I don’t think you will quickly become “too lean”. “Too lean” usually actually means low bodyfat AND too little muscle mass. If you have a good amount muscle, you have to have an extremely low bf% to look unhealthy, I think.

@tca300 You say your diet is mainly milk. How do you deal with urinating? I personlly drink about 4 liters of milk a day, but have issues waking up at night to pee, up to 3 times a night. Also, do you have girflriend/wife? If so, is she not bothered at all by your unusual diet?

schultz

No, the liquid part of the milk separates from the milk in the stomach, leaving the solids behind.

People don't seem to understand this. Ray has mentioned milk is a good "bulk former" (his words). Just dropping some rennet into milk will make it turn "solid".

Are you saying you get your mead acid checked, or am I not understanding this?

but have issues waking up at night to pee, up to 3 times a night

That sucks!! My daughter used to wake me up when she was like late 3's early 4's to go pee in the middle of the night and that sucked. Thankfully she stopped doing that. Now she'll wake up in the morning and play for like an hour before she pees. You can tell she has to go though because she sort of dances around lol, but if you ask her if she has to pee she will deny it and then finally make a mad dash for the bathroom.... "I have to peee!!!!" Freaking kids lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals