To Haidut : What Do You Usually Eat In A Day?

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut You mentioned a potato juice supplement earlier in this stream, so would you recommend drinking raw potato juice daily? I have lots of my own potatoes and am willing to do the work. If so, how much? I have access to organic, grassfed raw milk on a weekly basis so I could maybe add some GL gelatin to increase the protein I guess. Any other suggestions for milk?

Definitely cooked, never raw.
I don't think it needs to be done every day unless digestion is very compromised and the person cannot digest protein. There are some threads on potato protein soup that contain some quotes from Peat on how often it can be done, so if you search the forum you can find them.

Wagner83

You said use sugary treats (pepsi / coke) as the source of most of your carbs, does that mean you are drinking sucrose more or less continuously throughout the whole day , adding proteins and some fat at meal time?
Did you never get an issue in the past (well at least before recovering decent metabolism) with so much citric acid and phophoric acid (so PH) ? From the numbers you gave , I'd say you drink at least 3 liters of cok/pepsi a day.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
You said use sugary treats (pepsi / coke) as the source of most of your carbs, does that mean you are drinking sucrose more or less continuously throughout the whole day , adding proteins and some fat at meal time?
Did you never get an issue in the past (well at least before recovering decent metabolism) with so much citric acid and phophoric acid (so PH) ? From the numbers you gave , I'd say you drink at least 3 liters of cok/pepsi a day.

Yes, I still average about 3 Pepsi bottles a day, sometimes more. I also eat sweets like gelatin candy and creme brulee, which the stores sell. Don't think the Pepsi has any citric acid, and the phosphori acid has not given me issues so far. I think Ray said it is a very small amount to have a systemic effect.

Yes, I still average about 3 Pepsi bottles a day, sometimes more. I also eat sweets like gelatin candy and creme brulee, which the stores sell. Don't think the Pepsi has any citric acid, and the phosphori acid has not given me issues so far. I think Ray said it is a very small amount to have a systemic effect.

What is your calcium magnesium and potassium sources?

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is your calcium magnesium and potassium sources?

Greek yogurt, cheese, and some cooked greens. I do drink OJ from time to time but definitely not on a regular basis.

sladerunner69

Just wanna know cuz you got a lot of info and I need some ideas cuz i'm just drinking milk, oj, coffee and eating potatos and carrots. The thought of consuming evaporated milk never came to my mind until i searched your posts trying to find what you eat.:cow:

Another infatuated fan, please try your ebst to contain yourself my dear.

You can find great food ideas all over this forum. My new things as of late have been milk powder pancakes smeared in homeade syrup or even honeade marmalade. Ray Peat makes these pancakes as well, they are just nonfat milk poweder, nonfat milk, an egg, salt, a bit of sugar, fried in a pan. They actually have a better flavor then normal pancakes! But they have a more chewy/rubbery texture that I am trying to subdue, I think I need to add some potato juice or eggwhite or maybe just whisk the batter much longer.

Marmalade is another staple of mine I make it every single day.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Are you saying you actually do drink at least 3 litres of pepsi a day? or did you just mean 3 small bottles (approx. 1 litre)?

The bottles in the US are 600ml each. So, I drink about 1.8L daily. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on taste. Taste can be a very good guide when stress levels are not excessive for cortisol to mask the real needs for calories from sugar.

Wagner83

Ok thanks, a last one, do you freely consume carbs (so, in the form of sucrose) all day long or ingest most of them at meal times?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok thanks, a last one, do you freely consume carbs (so, in the form of sucrose) all day long or ingest most of them at meal times?

Probably more of the former - I sip on the Pepsi bottles in between meals and before bed.

kaybb

Lol, the good old "no free lunch" fallacy. I don't think that is true. In fact, liver and kidneys depend very much on each other for proper function. People with liver failure almost always end up getting kidney failure as well and people on dialysis usually get liver issues too. Maybe he meant a specific chemical meant to help one organ burdens the other. That may be true for for some chemicals, but to say that in general anything you do to help one hurts the other is not warranted IMO.
Thanks for your opinion ! I have been concentrating so much on supporting liver, I'd like to think it hasn't hurt...but like you said, has helped kidneys also. I haven't read much from Peat in kidney health. More info on liver.

L

lollipop

Another infatuated fan, please try your ebst to contain yourself my dear.

You can find great food ideas all over this forum. My new things as of late have been milk powder pancakes smeared in homeade syrup or even honeade marmalade. Ray Peat makes these pancakes as well, they are just nonfat milk poweder, nonfat milk, an egg, salt, a bit of sugar, fried in a pan. They actually have a better flavor then normal pancakes! But they have a more chewy/rubbery texture that I am trying to subdue, I think I need to add some potato juice or eggwhite or maybe just whisk the batter much longer.

Marmalade is another staple of mine I make it every single day.
@sladerunner69 try 2 eggs instead of one egg. That worked like a charm for me: 2/3 cup nonfat milk Powder, 2 tablespoons milk (I use 2%), salt, 2 eggs.

Dobbler

Is it wise to take small dose t3 daily / few times a week just to enhance thyroid function? Goal would be just to enhance thyroid, not to shut down it by any means. At the moment seems like one drop of tyronene (8mcg) is all i can tolerate, and not even everyday. My temp after last meal of the day at evening is 36,9 celsius (98.42 f)

Jsaute21

@Dobbler sounds like you are similar to many of us and don't require Thyroid every day. I would head over to the tyronene thread and check out some of the comments on dosing.

Keep in mind 8mcg is a big, big dose to take in one sitting. I dilute my product so it is about 1-2 mcg per serving and only take as needed. I more so rely on preg, pansterone, taurine and fat solubles to warm me up. I find them to be less complicated in terms of dosing, and really provide a similar service in terms of metabolism boosting.

Jsaute21

@haidut and others that frequent cheese sticks,

Do any of you find it backs you up a bit? I feel great and satiated on them, but im simply not releasing the amount of bowel movements my body is accustomed to.

Amazoniac

Amazoniac, I really wanted that you asked me anything related to research. I'm in the mood for it, hit me!
?
Ok. You mentioned some time ago the idea of running your own lab experiments, what's your opinion on animal research and their welfare? I think that it's being more regulated nowadays to set boundaries, but what would be your limit if no regulamentation existed?

By the way, people keep commenting that they are experimenting your supplements destinated for research on their animals, however I don't get it: as far as I know, as long as you make it clear that you're using something against the recommendation provided by the company, it can't be held responsible for anything. Speaking of regulamentation, imposing something on an animal is much different than assuming your own risk in doing things on yourself, angelords think that they're playing it safe but it will be funny when we have a PeTA member around.

If you got an alert from this, it worked as expected. New feature of the forum is to be able to quote messages that didn't even exist yet. :ss

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals