To Haidut : What Do You Usually Eat In A Day?

Dobbler

Haidut, what protein sources you suggest to replace milk? I have hard time figuring a good PUFA free protein for my 3. meal. First and second meal are cheese and eggs. Cant buy gelatin because they dont sell it here, shrimps are way too expensive, basic beef i could afford tastes like ***t. Maybe some fish, is cod safe choice? Thanks.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Complete quote by Tarmander "Caffeine does a lot of different things, but it raises ammonia, which is hard on the kidneys. A Chinese medical practitioner I know says that anything that is good for the liver is harsh on the kidneys and vice versa. When you do enoughCaffeine, your lower back just hurts, at least in my experience."

Lol, the good old "no free lunch" fallacy. I don't think that is true. In fact, liver and kidneys depend very much on each other for proper function. People with liver failure almost always end up getting kidney failure as well and people on dialysis usually get liver issues too. Maybe he meant a specific chemical meant to help one organ burdens the other. That may be true for for some chemicals, but to say that in general anything you do to help one hurts the other is not warranted IMO.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, what protein sources you suggest to replace milk? I have hard time figuring a good PUFA free protein for my 3. meal. First and second meal are cheese and eggs. Cant buy gelatin because they dont sell it here, shrimps are way too expensive, basic beef i could afford tastes like ***t. Maybe some fish, is cod safe choice? Thanks.

Yes, cod and catfish are good choices and Peat spoke about them. In general, lean or warm water fish should be safe source of protein. I also like eggs, tuna, sworfish, scallops, calamari, etc.

Jsaute21

Thanks, @haidut. I doubt it was something i eat, i had pre bed haagan daaz (pretty standard for me) with a dinner of grass fed meat, gelatin, some sweet potato & half a coke about 3 hours prior.

It is a fairly consistent issue for me to have only about 3 hours of functional energy in between meals. I used to be able to go 5 hours easy. I have tried thyroid before and it wasn't a match made in heaven. I generally feel pretty damn good on Preg so maybe that is an option. Would you recommend taking it with a bed time snack or dinner a couple of hours prior?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks, @haidut. I doubt it was something i eat, i had pre bed haagan daaz (pretty standard for me) with a dinner of grass fed meat, gelatin, some sweet potato & half a coke about 3 hours prior.

It is a fairly consistent issue for me to have only about 3 hours of functional energy in between meals. I used to be able to go 5 hours easy. I have tried thyroid before and it wasn't a match made in heaven. I generally feel pretty damn good on Preg so maybe that is an option. Would you recommend taking it with a bed time snack or dinner a couple of hours prior?

A glass of milk, juice or even just soda is what I use for the pregnenolone. I have even taken it with plain water and it still worked without stress symptoms. My dose was 5mg-10mg before bed.

raypeatclips

What are your thoughts on engineered office drama, could you go into this further? A way to create novelty for people to break out of the "routine" of the day?

What are your thoughts on the detrimental health effects of TV? When TV do you mean the typical sit down and watch whatever is on and the news stories created by the networks, or do you mean all forums such as choose your own show Netflix or films?

I had this thought recently too. I have started taking daily walks and one of them the other day coincided with a school finishing time, so a small group of children with their parents walking past. I noticed that each child was doing something out of the ordinary. One was skipping, another running, another spinning round as they walked, another zapping people that walked past, including myself, with their fingers like a gun. While the parents, myself and all the other adults just walked normally and straight faced. All the kids seemed happy. It just struck me as I was walking as interesting how not one child I saw was walking "normally"

Not sure you saw this post @haidut I am still very interested in your opinions on TV and the things mentioned above.

Rock_V

Yes, cod and catfish are good choices and Peat spoke about them. In general, lean or warm water fish should be safe source of protein. I also like eggs, tuna, sworfish, scallops, calamari, etc.

Do you think the supposed negative health effects of mercury from fish like tuna & swordfish have been overblown? Do you think eating them a few times a week should pose no problem?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think the supposed negative health effects of mercury from fish like tuna & swordfish have been overblown? Do you think eating them a few times a week should pose no problem?

That's what Peat said when asked the same question - he said the mercury from seafood was not that big of an issue as people consuming even contaminated seafood clearly had much better health than people who did not.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Not sure you saw this post @haidut I am still very interested in your opinions on TV and the things mentioned above.

Yes, I think the deliberate engineering of office drama is to create an air of "novelty" or at least "shake things up". A common motto I keep hearing from all senior executives is that "in company there is always something wrong, we just don't know about it yet". So, they all seem to freak out when things calm down. Almost like calm before the storm. And in order to pre-empt this storm they "shake things up" with these fake emergency events so that hopefully somehow the problem will reveal itself due to being a naturally weaker link in the corporate system that should break down under stress. That's the word actually, engineered stress is what corporatism is after under firm belief that it both allows problems to blow up on demand instead of unexpectedly and also provide a sense of "never a dull moment" to anybody who is beginning to think their job is boring.
As far as TV, I think the regular crap on the channels is pretty noxious and dumbs people down. On-demand shows and streaming on Netflix can be stimulating but if you binge-watch enough even the most interesting one gets quite routine. I have never experienced a routine walk outside, there is something fundamentally novel about the real world all the time while even the most interesting TV shows eventually get quite repetitive and dull as if almost designed to induce a sense of lull and safety. There is no such sense in the real world.
And yes, your observation on children is spot on. I am firmly convinced that children are much smarter than us and the only thing adults do that is of any merit is inadvertently show/teach children how to cope with the cruelty of our programmatic world. Clearly some of the coping mechanisms children copy from their parents (i.e. drinking, drugs, gambling, psychotic behavior masked as "creativity, etc) are not optimal but that is what children do - they quietly observe and adopt as their own behavior if they think it would help with their specific pain point with world. It is not a coincidence that IQ peaks in the mid to late teens, and actually nowadays I think the peak occur much earlier. It's really sad actually what the life of the modern human has become, which would have probably been somewhat acceptable if say science and roboticism gave better engineered health or longer lifespan. But we are seeing the exact opposite. So, we gave up a lot in exchange for less than nothing.

dfspcc20

Many teachers think of children as immature adults. It might lead to better and more ‘respectful’ teaching, if we thought of adults as atrophied children. — Keith Johnstone

Tarmander

Complete quote by Tarmander "Caffeine does a lot of different things, but it raises ammonia, which is hard on the kidneys. A Chinese medical practitioner I know says that anything that is good for the liver is harsh on the kidneys and vice versa. When you do enoughCaffeine, your lower back just hurts, at least in my experience."

I was speaking in the sense of Chinese medicine and meridians. Kidneys are major filtration, and so if you are detoxing the liver, you are stressing the kidneys. So Caffeine would fit the bill, along with the ammonia burden. Vice versa, if your kidneys are not filtering, you probably have liver build up if you are sick. A TCM practitioner could correct me, but I believe if he was working on liver meridians you would show stress in Kidney meridians. However if you take a wider view, it is obviously impossible to have like a fantastic liver and terrible kidneys. They are reliant on each other on many levels. The context was Caffeine.

Tarmander

Lol, the good old "no free lunch" fallacy. IMO.

I am curious to hear your thoughts on this. I had an old Macro Econ teacher whose catch phrase was "there are no free lunches!!" It definitely opened my mind to opportunity cost, and that choosing one options eliminates others, and to think about those. In some senses "no free lunch," has urged me to lead a more meaningful life by seeing what could be instead of the options in front of me.

As far as the body goes, Ray definitely shines the light that there is regeneration and renewal to be had. In fact it is almost a Christian motif. I know part of what attracted me to him was that regeneration or halting aging can occur with proper thyroid function.

HLP

@haidut You mentioned a potato juice supplement earlier in this stream, so would you recommend drinking raw potato juice daily? I have lots of my own potatoes and am willing to do the work. If so, how much? I have access to organic, grassfed raw milk on a weekly basis so I could maybe add some GL gelatin to increase the protein I guess. Any other suggestions for milk?

cottoncat

Your company wants you to work as much as possible so that profits keep going up. I think this is an insane lifestyle that ranks right up there with PUFA for its effect on health. That and TV.

This is a vary palpable reality in the Bay Area. Most techies whom I've met and know either work from home or are expected to work excessive hours. They don't seem to be very healthy nor happy, a little manic in fact.

tara

would you recommend drinking raw potato juice daily?
Not Haidut, but I'd recommend cooking potato juice, not drinking it raw.

HLP

If that's the case I'd probably just eat coconut oil potato chips. Couldn't be bothered to separate the juice and then cook it. What's the drawback to the raw juice?

Regina

Yes, I think the deliberate engineering of office drama is to create an air of "novelty" or at least "shake things up". A common motto I keep hearing from all senior executives is that "in company there is always something wrong, we just don't know about it yet". So, they all seem to freak out when things calm down. Almost like calm before the storm. And in order to pre-empt this storm they "shake things up" with these fake emergency events so that hopefully somehow the problem will reveal itself due to being a naturally weaker link in the corporate system that should break down under stress. That's the word actually, engineered stress is what corporatism is after under firm belief that it both allows problems to blow up on demand instead of unexpectedly and also provide a sense of "never a dull moment" to anybody who is beginning to think their job is boring.
As far as TV, I think the regular crap on the channels is pretty noxious and dumbs people down. On-demand shows and streaming on Netflix can be stimulating but if you binge-watch enough even the most interesting one gets quite routine. I have never experienced a routine walk outside, there is something fundamentally novel about the real world all the time while even the most interesting TV shows eventually get quite repetitive and dull as if almost designed to induce a sense of lull and safety. There is no such sense in the real world.
And yes, your observation on children is spot on. I am firmly convinced that children are much smarter than us and the only thing adults do that is of any merit is inadvertently show/teach children how to cope with the cruelty of our programmatic world. Clearly some of the coping mechanisms children copy from their parents (i.e. drinking, drugs, gambling, psychotic behavior masked as "creativity, etc) are not optimal but that is what children do - they quietly observe and adopt as their own behavior if they think it would help with their specific pain point with world. It is not a coincidence that IQ peaks in the mid to late teens, and actually nowadays I think the peak occur much earlier. It's really sad actually what the life of the modern human has become, which would have probably been somewhat acceptable if say science and roboticism gave better engineered health or longer lifespan. But we are seeing the exact opposite. So, we gave up a lot in exchange for less than nothing.
Cluster B Borderline Corporation Disorder

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Fascinating reply thank you. So how do you think we can revert back to the childlike intelligence and state?

For a lack of a better explanation, and assuming you can afford to do it in your daily life - the less planning and deliberation the smarter and more flexible you'll feel and behave.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am curious to hear your thoughts on this. I had an old Macro Econ teacher whose catch phrase was "there are no free lunches!!" It definitely opened my mind to opportunity cost, and that choosing one options eliminates others, and to think about those. In some senses "no free lunch," has urged me to lead a more meaningful life by seeing what could be instead of the options in front of me.

As far as the body goes, Ray definitely shines the light that there is regeneration and renewal to be had. In fact it is almost a Christian motif. I know part of what attracted me to him was that regeneration or halting aging can occur with proper thyroid function.

I think the "opportunity cost" is actually a fallacy as in practice the true opportunity cost of anything is measured in time, and the cost of time is infinite. Until there is a way to literally buy yourself time with money, there is no point discussing opportunity cost based on preferences defined by other people's averaged utility curves that get asymptotic (i.e. meaningles) any time something of real value like health, life, love, etc is attempted to be measured.
But yeah, the opportunity for regeneration is real and is a property of this world. So, in an economic sense its cost is zero :):
Not sure if it makes sense.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals