To Haidut : What Do You Usually Eat In A Day?

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Curious for an update of your weekly and daily regimens.

Thanks

There is no regimen. I eat what I want, except starch, legumes, and raw veggies and make a conscious effort to avoid PUFA as much as I can without becoming a burden in social situations. When I can't avoid PUFA in meals I use some vitamin E.

jzeno

@haidut

And besides the Vitamin E do you regularly or irregularly (such as the Vitamin E) take any other supplements? Aspirin, etc.

Thanks

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just to confirm, you're not eating any starch now Georgi?

I avoid it unless there is nothing else to eat and finding another food would be orthorexic - i.e. having to leave a social gathering and walk around searching for the "right" food. And when I eat starch I try to get well cooked white rice and potatoes if possible, and if it is bread then I try to get the well-processed white type instead of the full-grain one that feeds the colon bacteria.

TeaRex14

Do you have any input on what a good thickener would be? I make some really nice homemade pudding from milk, mostly with sugar, salt, and collagen, but I have to add some corn starch to thicken it some to the right consistency. I also have a bag of arrowroot starch, but I figure if there is a good starch free alternative I would use that. @haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you have any input on what a good thickener would be? I make some really nice homemade pudding from milk, mostly with sugar, salt, and collagen, but I have to add some corn starch to thicken it some to the right consistency. I also have a bag of arrowroot starch, but I figure if there is a good starch free alternative I would use that. @haidut

This is not really question for this thread. Please ask it another one. You can also search the forum for gelatin. I think some people have used it for this purpose and posted about it.

Mufasa

I avoid it unless there is nothing else to eat and finding another food would be orthorexic - i.e. having to leave a social gathering and walk around searching for the "right" food. And when I eat starch I try to get well cooked white rice and potatoes if possible, and if it is bread then I try to get the well-processed white type instead of the full-grain one that feeds the colon bacteria.

I thought that wheat germ is actually insoluble and not feeding the colon bacteria IIRC.

TeaRex14

This is not really question for this thread. Please ask it another one. You can also search the forum for gelatin. I think some people have used it for this purpose and posted about it.
Yeah sure. I didn't think it would be an issue because you mentioned you were starch free, and I didn't know whether or not you ever needed to thicken anything.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I thought that wheat germ is actually insoluble and not feeding the colon bacteria IIRC.

Wheat germ is quite different from full-grain bread.

Mufasa

Wheat germ is quite different from full-grain bread.

I thought the difference between whole wheat bread an white bread is that white bread removes the wheat germ and whole wheat bread doesnt.

Or is full grain bread not the same as whole wheat bread?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I thought the difference between whole wheat bread an white bread is that white bread removes the wheat germ and whole wheat bread doesnt.

Or is full grain bread not the same as whole wheat bread?

I think whole grain bread contains bran, endosperm and other starchy material in addition to the germ.

cyclops

There is no regimen. I eat what I want, except starch, legumes, and raw veggies and make a conscious effort to avoid PUFA as much as I can without becoming a burden in social situations.

Do you eat nuts or seeds?

haidut

Forum Supporter

haidut

Forum Supporter
I recall it was something about the taste of regular milk that didn't appeal to him.

haidut

Forum Supporter
haha it was hearsay; the other poster said you avoided it.

I think I said a few times that I can't do the half gallon or even a gallon milk daily that Peat has been mentioning to people. I can do maybe a quart but all commercial brands sold in stores start to mess up my digestion after the first quart.

theLaw

I think I said a few times that I can't do the half gallon or even a gallon milk daily that Peat has been mentioning to people. I can do maybe a quart but all commercial brands sold in stores start to mess up my digestion after the first quart.

Isn't it strange that you can eat CVS cheese sticks, but have problems with Organic Milk.

What's your opinion on the cause of this?

I wonder if it's necessary for some to cut out starch completely.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals