To Haidut : What Do You Usually Eat In A Day?

tomisonbottom

Too much liquid for the amount of protein and calcium it provides. I do drink a milk protein shale though, sometimes. It has 700mg calcium and 26g of protein in just 300ml of liquid. I would take 1L of regular milk to get these numbers.

Do you try to get a certain amount of grams of calcium per day?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you try to get a certain amount of grams of calcium per day?

I try to eat dairy with each meal. Can't say I keep track of calcium much but probably average about 1.5g daily.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Zeus, how many alerts and messages have you been receiving on average each day?

I usually get about 30 alerts from threads and about 10 PMs on a daily basis. They are almost always questions, so not something I can consistently ignore. Those start to increase dramatically if I don't respond, which is why I have been slow to respond over the last 2 weeks - i.e. was "slacking off" for a few days and did not respond and now I have an avalanche to dig myself out of. Oh, and I get about 100-120 emails on a daily basis.

Amazoniac

Caffeine Increases Pregnenolone & Progesterone In The Brain
I certainly drink a lot of coffee on the weekends when I am at home. However, when I am at work or on the road there is no substitute for the convenience of the pills. Also, it allows me to control the dosage more accurately if I am experimenting with something. With coffee, you never quite know how much caffeine you are ingesting. As you can see a lot of these studies mention specific dosages, and even mention a maximum or minimum dosage. With brewed coffee or espresso I would not be able to approximate well and test the studies on myself.
I am not a pill maniac:) I just use whatever gets the job done as quickly as possible since I am typically quite busy and sometimes don't even have the time to get coffee. Sounds crazy, but such is modern life, at least for me.
Zeus, do you still use caffeine pills? And do you take breaks from all stimulants to sort of sensitize to them again?

haidut

Forum Supporter

haidut

Forum Supporter
What's the reason for both of these specific amounts?

Caffeine raises metabolism by about 6%-8% at a dose of just 50mg. A higher dose up to 400mg does not raise metabolism more. A dose higher than 400mg dose MAY raise it up to 12% but tends to trigger a stress reaction. A 200mg caffeine dose is enough to de-fat the liver as per the studies I posted here years ago. Older Russian studies often used inosine with pentoxifylline (a caffeine derivative) to increase the actoprotector effects of inosine and inosine has also been shown to block the anxiety/stress effects of caffeine. This is the ratio those studies listed even though they used different doses.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Georgizord, since we were discussing problems with sulfur proteins when oxidation is impaired, this is relevant and might interest you a lot:

William F. Koch Research Site

"The effects of coffee were reported as carcinogenic by Russo in 1942. The roasting or burning produced the carcinogenic tars, in his opinion. This is, no doubt, true but there is an additional factor. It is the presence of Trigonillic acid and other sulphides, which give it the flavor people like. These in the intestinal tract are converted by the flora into more vicious substances since the flora of different individuals differs, as does the prolonged dangerous effects of coffee on the different individuals. However, the flavor giving sulphides act as oxidation inhibitors and protect the vicious intestinal flora. This in itself is good reason not to use it. Dr. Wm. Hale of the Dow Chemical Co. has contrived a neat way of destroying the injurious sulphides by oxidation with Chlorophyll. This takes the pleasing flavor away and the stimulating effects are felt only. Those who have used his coffee extract reported this to me. The old fashion rye coffee may still present the carcinogenic tars, or may not, experiment only can tell, but it does not carry the injurious sulphides, which may after all be the most important toxin coffee."​

When I read Gerson's book, I completely overlooked the fact that caffeine is the desired part, one of the reasons that coffee enemas work is because caffeine is absorbed while these inconvenients might be simply too diluted and are flushed out before having enough time to cause problems.

From his book (out of order):

"The fluid should be retained 10 to 15 minutes. Our experiments have shown that after 10 to 12 minutes almost all caffeine is absorbed from the fluid. It goes through the hemorrhoidal veins directly into the portal veins and into the liver. Patients have to know that the coffee enemas are not given for the function of the intestines but for the stimulation of the liver."

"Q. What are the principles of the coffee enema?
A. It opens the bile ducts. This is the principle."

"In order to initiate healing, the first and constant care of the physician is to detoxify the body, especially the liver-bile system. Coffee enemas are the principal means of detoxifying. The caffeine was found to dilate the bile-ducts and stimulate discharge of accumulated toxins."

"Camomile Tea Enema with 30 caffeine drops from a ten percent solution. Use one quart of water of body temperature, add half a glass of camomile extract and the prescribed caffeine drops."
I'm not sure if this one was added later without his consent, but it's still interesting.

So perhaps it's possible that purified caffeine has its therapeutic value even in critical conditions.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Georgizord, since we were discussing problems with sulfur proteins when oxidation is impaired, this is relevant and might interest you a lot:

William F. Koch Research Site

"The effects of coffee were reported as carcinogenic by Russo in 1942. The roasting or burning produced the carcinogenic tars, in his opinion. This is, no doubt, true but there is an additional factor. It is the presence of Trigonillic acid and other sulphides, which give it the flavor people like. These in the intestinal tract are converted by the flora into more vicious substances since the flora of different individuals differs, as does the prolonged dangerous effects of coffee on the different individuals. However, the flavor giving sulphides act as oxidation inhibitors and protect the vicious intestinal flora. This in itself is good reason not to use it. Dr. Wm. Hale of the Dow Chemical Co. has contrived a neat way of destroying the injurious sulphides by oxidation with Chlorophyll. This takes the pleasing flavor away and the stimulating effects are felt only. Those who have used his coffee extract reported this to me. The old fashion rye coffee may still present the carcinogenic tars, or may not, experiment only can tell, but it does not carry the injurious sulphides, which may after all be the most important toxin coffee."​

When I read Gerson's book, I completely overlooked the fact that caffeine is the desired part, one of the reasons that coffee enemas work is because caffeine is absorbed while these inconvenients might be simply too diluted and are flushed out before having enough time to cause problems.

From his book (out of order):

"The fluid should be retained 10 to 15 minutes. Our experiments have shown that after 10 to 12 minutes almost all caffeine is absorbed from the fluid. It goes through the hemorrhoidal veins directly into the portal veins and into the liver. Patients have to know that the coffee enemas are not given for the function of the intestines but for the stimulation of the liver."

"Q. What are the principles of the coffee enema?
A. It opens the bile ducts. This is the principle."

"In order to initiate healing, the first and constant care of the physician is to detoxify the body, especially the liver-bile system. Coffee enemas are the principal means of detoxifying. The caffeine was found to dilate the bile-ducts and stimulate discharge of accumulated toxins."

"Camomile Tea Enema with 30 caffeine drops from a ten percent solution. Use one quart of water of body temperature, add half a glass of camomile extract and the prescribed caffeine drops."
I'm not sure if this one was added later without his consent, but it's still interesting.

So perhaps it's possible that purified caffeine has its therapeutic value even in critical conditions.

Thanks, these are very interesting finds. I wonder what Peat think about the carcinogenicity of roasted coffee. At first glance, the mechanism makes sense as roasting/grilling most organic substances tends to generate carcinogenic aromatic poly-hydrocarbons. If the purpose of the caffeine is to open the bile ducts and stimulate the liver then oral caffeine should work just as well, as it goes almost exclusively to the liver. I always thought that the administration of enemas was related to improving digestion, but I guess Gerson does not think so. Peat seems to think the improved digestion and reduction in intestinal toxins was the main beneficial effect.

Amazoniac

I would guess he believes the positives more than outweight any negative. But just like Koch commented, it depends on the person.
I was thinking in terms of oral supplementation as well.
From what I understood, Gerson was just reinforcing that coffee was the choice because of its stimulating effect on liver, otherwise the procedure could be done with some antimicrobial plant tea, so I'm guessing he wasn't denying the cleansing aspect of enemas.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
I would guess he believes the positives more than outweight any negative. But just like Koch commented, it depends on the person.
I was thinking in terms of oral supplementation as well.
From what I understood, Gerson was just reinforcing that coffee was the choice because of its stimulating effect on liver, otherwise the procedure could be done with some antimicrobial plant tea, so I'm guessing he wasn't denying the cleansing aspect of enemas.

Caffeine by itself also has a stimulating effect on bile flow, liver function, and gastric acid production.

Jsaute21

Caffeine by itself also has a stimulating effect on bile flow, liver function, and gastric acid production.
Do you not drink coffee for convenience purposes, or do you think pure caffeine pills are healthier and safer?

Amazoniac

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you not drink coffee for convenience purposes, or do you think pure caffeine pills are healthier and safer?

Mostly convenience, but the taste was never appealing either. I like the taste/smell of tea a lot more.

Amazoniac

That's useful, thanks.
So, providing more energy should make everything more efficient and start to correct problems, however most people depend on it and just can't get off. Do you have a general idea why? What's missing?
And you mentioned a few times that it affects our own production as well. Why wouldn't it create a dependency?

If the excess weight/PUFA is lost and then good dietary care is exercise not to overeat PUFA then I think thyroid can be dropped after that. Very few people have real thyroid failure that requires supplementation for life. It is usually caused by radiation or surgery or trauma.
There are many forum members that have already sorted those two issues (no extreme weight or PUFA in tissues) yet have difficulty maintaining a good state without thyroid. It doesn't seem an issue of being supressed for too long and making up for it now, it appears that it's not working or they're after the extra kick. What do you think is going on in general? When you supplement hormones and manipulate other aspects, aren't you correcting an artificial state?
Me:
Hi Ray,

I've looked a bit into minerals, vitamins and their balance which affect enzymes which in turn affect hormones. So in this regard I wonder what would be the purpose to manipulate hormones rather than minerals/vitamins intake, and last but not least, how would supplementing even low doses of hormones not lead to minerals/vitamins imbalances?
From what I understand enzymes are tightly regulated by nutrients, and if not enough of the right nutrients are provided then the body will not function properly, similarly, supplementing hormones may resolve issues in the short term but then induce deficiencies etc..

Ray:
The body has a powerful selective ability, able to extract things against a concentration gradient. For example, when hair is stripped of minerals and then dipped into a solution of minerals similar to the serum (high sodium, low potassium, etc.) the hair will take up potassium in preference to sodium. And the hair is dead—living cells have even greater selectivity. It’s energy that maintains the structural selectivity; thyroid provides energy, cholesterol/pregnenolone/
progesterone/DHEA reinforce structure.

Me:
Thanks, do you have any references I can look into regarding this topic of
Energy maintaining structure and its selectivity?

What would be the negative consequences of normalizing stress hormones through direct intervention? Without meeting the condition that got them to become elevated in the first place.

Ray:
When cortisol is increased, though it does reduce inflammation and reduce leakiness, it’s antagonistic to androgens, and shifts the balance toward protein catabolism, and lowers the oxidation of glucose.

Related to selectivity of energized cytoplasm---D.N. Nasonov, V.I. Vernadsky, H.G. Bungenberg de Jong, G.N. Ling, A.S. Troshin, V. Matveev, Sidney Fox, and recently I think Jeremy L. England is working on related things, energy creating order.

Me:
If serotonin or estrogen were involved rather than cortisol, would you have the same approach?

Do you know if particular conditions could lead to high cortisol, serotonin or estrogen and unless they are addressed the need for supplemental hormones or drugs will always be present?
The only people I've seen use hormonal supplements and not need them anymore used thyroid, but most people need the supplements continuously and quite a few had troubles with dhea, pregnenolone or thyroid. Micro-dosing psilocybin or lsd appears to benefit all and relieve depression but again the benefits vanish upon cessation.

Ray:
Although occasionally a short supplementation of progesterone, pregnenolone, or thyroid will decisively correct a problem, most often there has been something environmental-nutritional that had to be changed. If people don’t change their diet and/or problematic surroundings, then they are dependent on hormones, stimulants, antiinflammatories, etc.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals