Titanium parts in my body after surgery, bad?

DonLore

I have had titanium screws insinde me for over 5 years, does anyone know if this is a bad thing? Is it just titanium or does it usually have also vanadium and aluminum?

There have been class action lawsuits, and recalls on titanium hips.
To be certain if you have a problem with this metal you may want to do a metal test, by Melisa. If you are allergic to Cobalt, Titanium could very likely be an issue for you

stressless

There have been class action lawsuits, and recalls on titanium hips.
To be certain if you have a problem with this metal you may want to do a metal test, by Melisa. If you are allergic to Cobalt, Titanium could very likely be an issue for you

Do you have any good recommendations for a metal test? What are we looking for with this kind of test? I think I remember reading that an allergy is different from a sensitivity and the tests would be different for each.

JamesGatz

me personally I don't think its that bad

for how many years do women wear piercings, braces and the like and even men with grills - and these metals are even present in an environment where they are more likely to errode and these people seem fine

I do think there is a metabolic boost in the presence of any conductive metal for the most part so I think you may have an advantage :)

Do you have any good recommendations for a metal test? What are we looking for with this kind of test? I think I remember reading that an allergy is different from a sensitivity and the tests would be different for each.
The blood test is called, "Melisa"-- It is an allergy test to see if you are sensitive to various forms of metal. If you are healthy, then you probably do not have a problem, but many people with autoimmune diseases have unknown metal allergies. If you have a lot of metal dental work going on, you are more susceptible, especially if you have Hg. based amalgam fillings.

Mauritio

I have had titanium screws insinde me for over 5 years, does anyone know if this is a bad thing? Is it just titanium or does it usually have also vanadium and aluminum?
It can certainly be a problem if you're allergic to it. I had a patient that was allergic to one the metals they used in her knee and they had to remove the whole thing.
The twisted thing was that the patient told the hospital she was allergic to that metal and they still used it, then they denied it and finally admitted it.
Welcome to: "one of the best medical systems in the world"

Lampshard

Pretty sure Ray Peat mentioned that from all possible implant metals, it is the least likely to cause serious problems, I had some in my hand and managed to get most of it removed with the exception of one bolt that was ingrained by the bone, I think if you are not in bad health, the stress from surgery will probably outweigh the benefit of removing a foreign body

stressless

The blood test is called, "Melisa"-- It is an allergy test to see if you are sensitive to various forms of metal. If you are healthy, then you probably do not have a problem, but many people with autoimmune diseases have unknown metal allergies. If you have a lot of metal dental work going on, you are more susceptible, especially if you have Hg. based amalgam fillings.
Thank you!

stressless

It can certainly be a problem if you're allergic to it. I had a patient that was allergic to one the metals they used in her knee and they had to remove the whole thing.
What would the symptoms be? Or is it difficult to tell?

The twisted thing was that the patient told the hospital she was allergic to that metal and they still used it, then they denied it and finally admitted it.

Welcome to: "one of the best medical systems in the world"
This is disgusting.

I hope your patient is feeling better and recovering quickly!

Mauritio

This is disgusting.

IIRC it was constantly inflamed and painful and nothing really helped .

TheCedar1

I have a titanium plate inside my right knee after I literally wrecked my knee joints as a child, without it, I would be in a wheelchair permanently. That was 20 years ago now, I don't have sides from having titanium inside my knees, so i think you're good

This is disgusting.

I think it can trigger an autoimmune response long term. Short-term; allergies, fatigue, blocked acupuncture meridians which could lead to other energetic, metabolism issues, pain syndromes, chronic inflammation, which may lead to hormone fluctuations, and chronic illness.

This is disgusting.

I think it can trigger an autoimmune response long term. Short-term; allergies, fatigue, blocked acupuncture meridians which could lead to other energetic, metabolism issues, pain syndromes, chronic inflammation, which may lead to hormone fluctuations, and chronic illness. There is much written about Metal toxicity within the Biological Dentist Community. The reason many dentists are switching to ceramic implants.

jdrop

I have a titanium stem in my femur. Hard to tell what was general recovery from surgery trauma and any sides. Five years later, feeling better every day.

TheCedar1

I think it can trigger an autoimmune response long term. Short-term; allergies, fatigue, blocked acupuncture meridians which could lead to other energetic, metabolism issues, pain syndromes, chronic inflammation, which may lead to hormone fluctuations, and chronic illness. There is much written about Metal toxicity within the Biological Dentist Community. The reason many dentists are switching to ceramic implants.
Dude, I have titanium on my knees, 20 years later, I have 1300 ng/dl testosterone, my thyroid's healthy, I can walk well, why are you spreading fear like this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals