Tired of feeling anxious and submissive? Here’s how to fix it

Hans

Forum Supporter
It all comes down to energy production. How effectively your cells can produce energy.

I'd also like to hear from you. What has worked great for you to optimize both your energy and reduce anxiety?

gaze

@Hans what are your current macros ? I notice too little or too much fat both give me those anxious feelings, due to blood sugar dysfunctions and glucose metabolism.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans what are your current macros ? I notice too little or too much fat both give me those anxious feelings, due to blood sugar dysfunctions and glucose metabolism.
Macros are currently 230g protein, 500g carbs and 74g fat. My diet will obviously change over time, but that's how it will stay most of the time. I'm also exercising a lot, so that's helping with blood sugar regulation since I'm eating in a surplus.
What is too high and too low for you?

gaze

Macros are currently 230g protein, 500g carbs and 74g fat. My diet will obviously change over time, but that's how it will stay most of the time. I'm also exercising a lot, so that's helping with blood sugar regulation since I'm eating in a surplus.
I think around 100g is my upper limit maybe around 40 is my lower level. I like to be around 75 also. however I eat way less calories than you in general so It would be a larger % of my diet, and I still eat white rice so those probably play a role.

whats the highest fat intake you've recently gone and felt good? or have you been relatively low fat for a good amount of time now?

LeeLemonoil

@Hans
Another nice one. Thanks as always.

Have you ever read into the NQO1-Enzyme and its effects on regulating NAD+?

B-lapachone is a good Supp to increase its activity

Incresrlng NAD+ has some risks that are not often mentioned in Peaty circles. It can increase in senescent cells too and also in cancer cells.

NQO1 seems to help getting NAD+ increase both in quantity and in qualit= when and where it belongs

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think around 100g is my upper limit maybe around 40 is my lower level. I like to be around 75 also. however I eat way less calories than you in general so It would be a larger % of my diet, and I still eat white rice so those probably play a role.

whats the highest fat intake you've recently gone and felt good? or have you been relatively low fat for a good amount of time now?
I've been around 120-130g a day from milk and meat and felt good. I might go up there again when I switch from 1% to 2% milk. I'm considering cycling between the two for different cycles in my training. The lowest was below 5g from skim milk and sugar. I felt good but craves salty stuff. I struggle to do a milk-only diet haha.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans
Another nice one. Thanks as always.

Have you ever read into the NQO1-Enzyme and its effects on regulating NAD+?

B-lapachone is a good Supp to increase its activity

Incresrlng NAD+ has some risks that are not often mentioned in Peaty circles. It can increase in senescent cells too and also in cancer cells.

NQO1 seems to help getting NAD+ increase both in quantity and in qualit= when and where it belongs
Yeah man for sure. I wrote about it in one of my newsletters a while ago. Here's the quote for this newsletter:

New way of boosting NAD​

Boosting NAD is the new thing for longevity and such. The lastest and greatest supplement on the block was nicotinamide ribose (NR). However, there is already a new one in the making. This one is called dihydronicotinamide ribose NRH.

"Dihydronicotinamide ribose increases NAD with NRH:quinone oxidoreductase 2 (NQO2). Unlike NR, which gets phosphorylated to NMN by NR kinase, NRH is phosphorylated by adenosine kinase (AK) and is converted to the reduced form of NMN (NMNH) and subsequently to NADH and NAD+... Yet, the consequences of the substantial increase in the total intracellular NAD pools fueled by NADH, instead of NAD+, are still unknown." (R)

"Comparisons with NR and NMN show that in every instance, NRH provides greater NAD+ increases at equivalent concentrations. NRH also provides substantial NAD+ increases in tissues when administered by intraperitoneal injection to C57BL/6J mice. NRH substantially increases NAD+/NADH ratio in cultured cells and in liver and no induction of apoptotic markers or significant increases in lactate levels in cells." (R)

d125fea6-f512-48df-ab49-b40c3cb96cdf.jpg

The reason I bolded the increase in NADH, is because increasing NADH can put the cell under reductive stress, which causes oxidative stress. This can lead to damage of lipids, protein and DNA and reduce cellular function.

I'd rather use niacinamide with an NQO1 activator (such as quinones, e.g. vitamin K2, emodin, thymoquinone, beta-lapachone, etc.) and an electron acceptor, such as methylene blue or a quinone.

Here is the NAD boosting stack I'm currently using daily:
  • 500mg niacinamide in the morning (used for NAD synthesis)
  • 3 drops Lapodin sublingually x3 daily (targets NQO1 to boost NAD from NADH)
  • 1mg methylene blue (electron acceptor to recycle NADH back to NAD)

mostlylurking

I'd also like to hear from you. What has worked great for you to optimize both your energy and reduce anxiety?
Thiamine hcl, 2 grams/day. I also take niacinamide, but only about 100mgs, 2Xday. Taking 500mg of niacinamide makes me loopy and I can't function. I've found that biotin helps me also. Other things that help me with anxiety are: progesterone, and pregnenolone. Estrogen makes you stupid and servile and anxious; it's important to stay on top of keeping it minimized.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Whats your dosage and frequency of pyrucet?
10 drops orally for pyrucet in the morning. Lately, I'm trying navel application at 3 drops, but haven't been very consistent with it.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thiamine hcl, 2 grams/day. I also take niacinamide, but only about 100mgs, 2Xday. Taking 500mg of niacinamide makes me loopy and I can't function. I've found that biotin helps me also. Other things that help me with anxiety are: progesterone, and pregnenolone. Estrogen makes you stupid and servile and anxious; it's important to stay on top of keeping it minimized.
Great, thanks for sharing.

Dr. B

why so much protein and fat mate? protein doesnt need to be limited to 150g?

taurine helps for anti anxiety, but also has a fatigue type effect, and constipating effect

Sam321

• Therapy, emotional noting, worry journaling, and meditation to confront trauma.
• Pushing back against anxiety to form supportive friendships.
• Re-exploring my authentic self.
• Speaking up when honor or moral code is in question as much as possible.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
It's not actually high protein for me. Protein and fat requirements are very person specific. I'm 100kg and am currently bulking.
Studies also point to 1g/kg/BW being better for hypertrophy and I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can diet wise to make the best gains.
Is that a lot of fat though? That can actually be low fat for some people.

mostlylurking

taurine helps for anti anxiety, but also has a fatigue type effect, and constipating effect
I've not tried taurine but I'm doing so well now I am going to just keep doing what I'm doing. Thanks though.

Dr. B

It's not actually high protein for me. Protein and fat requirements are very person specific. I'm 100kg and am currently bulking.
Studies also point to 1g/kg/BW being better for hypertrophy and I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can diet wise to make the best gains.
Is that a lot of fat though? That can actually be low fat for some people.
1g or 2g per kg of bodyweight? if 1g per kilogram that would mean only 100g protein for you, which seems too low mate!
yeah not sure, some on here like having fat under 40g or etc... btw i think Peats article said the ratio of saturated fats to PUFA is more important than amounts, which means we should be getting in lots of saturated fats. My macros would be similar to yours, except protein about 220g, fats about 80g, carbs about 330g!
whats your carb sources for so many carbs

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
1g or 2g per kg of bodyweight? if 1g per kilogram that would mean only 100g protein for you, which seems too low mate!
yeah not sure, some on here like having fat under 40g or etc... btw i think Peats article said the ratio of saturated fats to PUFA is more important than amounts, which means we should be getting in lots of saturated fats. My macros would be similar to yours, except protein about 220g, fats about 80g, carbs about 330g!
whats your carb sources for so many carbs
Sorry my bad, yes, 2g/kg/bw.
My carbs are from milk, banana and OJ mostly.

Vileplume

In my experience, symptoms like a racing mind, high heart rate, higher-pitched voice, and submissiveness all go with lower energy production. And in this state, you're submissive while still sometimes being aggressive, being a little ***hole to people around you, the kind of "kicking the people below you and bowing to the people above you" that Peat discussed with Danny Roddy on their authoritarian origins episode years ago.

As a teacher, I get to experiment a lot on what makes me submissive and what keeps me calm, confident, and easily in charge with my students. Just yesterday, I had all the symptoms of low energy and submissiveness: talking fast, nervous to give consequences and respond to disrespect, taking everything personally, overwhelmed and racing thoughts, feeling scrambled in front of groups. When I went to a staff meeting, this little guy Brian started bullying me in front of my department and I didn't even do anything. All day yesterday, my HRV was very low, indicating a sympathetic nervous state. Looknig back, I think these thigns caused the low energy, low HRV, sympathetic state: lack of salt, lack of magnesium, lack of food and nourishment in general.

Today is a 180 degree turn from that: my heart rate is right around 80 where I like it, I'm making jokes, responding easily to conflict, and if I saw Brian I would give him a noogie/wedgie :wedgie (just kidding). I enjoy teaching more, I can appreciate interactions more. I'mjust better in every way. High energy really is the key to a good life. More salt, more magnesium, making sure to eat enough. These things have kept my HRV high, above70, indicating a more parasympathetic nervous state. The HRV really is a good indicator of energy production I think, and you want a higher HRV.

In addition to the above, these things help me:
-lots of milk ( I tolerate it best with no additives, so I'm drinking a gallon of whole milk per day).
-lots of sugar (just straight up white sugar, since it digests so easily)
-methylene blue 1.2 mg
-pyrucet 10 drops
-again, lots of salt
-magnesium bicarbonate