Tired Need To Lie Down Sometimes After Eatting

biggirlkisss

tired need to lie down sometimes after eatting. Is this because adrenaline is dropped so my body want to restore and recover? I can't nap but tired i'm assuming my adrenaline levels are still too high to nap.

Elize

I found the same thing happened to me. I use the cold shower method of Wim Hoffman on YouTube helps me to nap or sleep well. It lowers High cortisol. I also do it at bedtime. Even the ice footbath me. I don't do the breathing technique as it lowers cortisol too much for me.

fradon

tired need to lie down sometimes after eatting. Is this because adrenaline is dropped so my body want to restore and recover? I can't nap but tired i'm assuming my adrenaline levels are still too high to nap.

the adrenals and insulin (pancreas) somewhat antagonize each other. If you eat a meal it will spike insulin and this will turn off your adrenals for a bit in order to shift in the parasympathetic system for digestion. It also depends on what you eat. if you eat heavy foods this can slow down digestion or put a major strain on the body.

carb meals spike inslun quickly but meals with carb protein or carb protien and fat will spike insulin for hours and this can shut down your adrenals for hours too. insulin will also increase tryptophan transport into the brain and this can increase serotonin and melatonin make you feel tired and sedated since sertonin antagonizes dopamine and adreanline.