Tips To Calm Down Now

encerent

I very often get high anxiety from all sorts of sources.

How do I calm down quickly from these events? What are your favorite ways to calm down? There are a few things I do now:

1. "4-7-8" breathing: inhale for 4 seconds, hold for 7, then exhale for 8.
2. Bag breath.
3. Take theanine.

DaveFoster

4) Carrot salad around 1 o'clock each day on an empty stomach (1 hour from each meal) w/ vinegar and MCT/coconut oil dressing.
5) Progesterone. I apply mine to the testicles with DMSO. It's phenomenal. (1-3 mg w/ DMSO). Pregnenolone can probably help as well.

Measure your temps and pulse.

sladerunner69

4) Carrot salad around 1 o'clock each day on an empty stomach (1 hour from each meal) w/ vinegar and MCT/coconut oil dressing.
5) Progesterone. I apply mine to the testicles with DMSO. It's phenomenal. (1-3 mg w/ DMSO). Pregnenolone can probably help as well.

Did you mean progesterone or pansterone? You mentionned you applied pantserone to your rat testes, do you do both at the same time?

Have you tried methylene blue for anxiety? Like a small dose 400mcg?

kranum

For me going for a walk is probably the most effective way to reduce anxiety, or maybe going to the gym. Other than that, having a good meal also tends to be effective

sladerunner69

Commonly when my metabolism is over stimulated and I have been drinking coffee all day I can suffer bad anxiety... On top of bag breathing and l theanine I would reccomend sitting in front of red light and drinking something with gelatin or collagen in it, maybe milk because calcium and gelatin seem very effective for relaxing me, similar to magnesium and theanine but without the sleepiness. Or you could try taking a pregnenelone which seems to help me too. DHEA or androsterone do not seem to help with anxiety in aprticular, unless you had low androgens, but they cause anxiety and irritability somewhat.

marsaday

Is this using the ProgestE ? I use this but apply to my stomach. What is the difference if it is applied to the testicles ? If it is ProgestE do you actually need the dmso ?

It's a tricky one. To compliment these dietary/supplemental ideas, I'd recommend, like kranum, removing yourself from the context that's making you feel anxious and go surround yourself with other people. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't take a walk through town and visit a coffee shop. Anchoring myself to the wider world seems to remind me that my anxiety develops when I stay locked up inside my head. Sometimes I'll even strike up a conversation with the staff or smile at a stranger. It's like hitting the reset button for me. Gets my feet back on the ground. Some people have suggested that this is like running away from your problems, but I think it's the opposite. It's an opportunity to get some perspective on your sources of anxiety and tackle them better when you return.

On a similar note, doing something practical and concrete that connects you to other people. I don't mean fixing a car engine, I just mean cooking someone a meal, giving your partner a massage, taking the dog for a walk. Makes you remember that you're capable, and that life is what's going on around you, not what's going on in your nightmares.

On the dietary side, I often find myself getting angsty when I haven't eaten enough calories. Simple as that. Don't know about you, but I feel keeping up 2500-3000 calories a day a frigging chore, especially when I'm just not thirsty enough to be drinking gallons of milk.

Quality

not the healthiest:
alcohol... ghb.... chamomile tea

Quality

not a fan of opioids, anything that raises GABA = the bomb

InChristAlone

EFT. Tapping "I have the ability to make myself feel calm" If that doesn't work then it is likely high adrenaline and I will get something sugary. Baking soda seems to help this as well. And then if it still hasn't cleared up I take cyproheptadine as maybe the anxiety/adrenaline stems from histamine. but if you tend to get situational anxiety I would look at your thought processes and maybe overall stress level. Maybe you are doing things that your body is saying no to.

Regina

I very often get high anxiety from all sorts of sources.

How do I calm down quickly from these events? What are your favorite ways to calm down? There are a few things I do now:

1. "4-7-8" breathing: inhale for 4 seconds, hold for 7, then exhale for 8.
2. Bag breath.
3. Take theanine.
I think your 4-7-8 breathing strategy is very good. I got discouraged when I saw how lousy my "control pause" was/is. I tend to give up when I try "5-10-20" reps. It's not realistic for me. 4-7-8 is manageable and makes it a fun exercise.

DaveFoster

Did you mean progesterone or pansterone? You mentionned you applied pantserone to your rat testes, do you do both at the same time?

Have you tried methylene blue for anxiety? Like a small dose 400mcg?
I apply both; Pansterone is more stimulating, progesterone more sedating.

Is this using the ProgestE ? I use this but apply to my stomach. What is the difference if it is applied to the testicles ? If it is ProgestE do you actually need the dmso ?
Not sure if there's a difference with progesterone, but with topical DHEA and pregnenolone (Pansterone) it increases androgens more effectively.

Constatine

I like to take a walk somewhere green and be in the sun for many hours. Red light also helps. But if you need a quicker fix gelatin in a sugary drink actually helps me a lot.

Infoleech

Sulfated Vitamin D, meaning lots of full body sunlight during up to four hours after sunrise and 4 hours before sunset to limit the harmful uv rays that are highest in the spectrum through the day, but still present in smaller amounts in those 4 hour windows.