Tips For Reducing Flu/fever Symtoms

Son Goku

Heyooo! First post!

I woke up this morning feeling quite ill.My current temperature is 38.5 degrees C. Any peat-style tips for reducing symtoms of being plain sick.

On a sidenote I can not remember the last time I had a fever this high. Perhaps a peat diet facilitates effective/high fever?

I'm a 24 year old male of somewhat good health btw. I have been interested in Peats stuff for some years but I have latey been gravitating towards a more strict peat diet.

Thanks for a cool forum. Learning a lot.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Son Goku, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that you are sick, and hope you get better soon.

IIRC, Ray Peat says the aches and pains are from endotoxins. So maybe carrot salad, or even charcoal would help. I know when I had stomach flu aspirin seemed to help me a bunch, but I am not suggesting that because I just dont know how it will react with flu and fever.

I do know fever is a good and natural reaction of the body and its needed to help kill off the virus. Thats an interesting theory that a Ray Peat lifestyle would give you a more robust fever to kill the virus.

Get better soon!

jyb

Charlie said:
Son Goku, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that you are sick, and hope you get better soon.

IIRC, Ray Peat says the aches and pains are from endotoxins. So maybe carrot salad, or even charcoal would help. I know when I had stomach flu aspirin seemed to help me a bunch, but I am not suggesting that because I just dont know how it will react with flu and fever.

I do know fever is a good and natural reaction of the body and its needed to help kill off the virus. Thats an interesting theory that a Ray Peat lifestyle would give you a more robust fever to kill the virus.

Get better soon!

If fever is good, wouldn't aspirin be bad? IIRC, aspirin can lower temp in the case of fever.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yep, thats one of the reasons why I said I don't suggest it. Sometimes people do want a break from the fever though.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The volcano!!! :eek: :shock:

DrJ

There was a Q&A with Danny and Haidut on one of Danny's podcasts (I think it was the second Q&A one) where it was asked if endotoxin is related to cold/flu, and if I recall correctly, Haidut said quite possibly since a lot of the symptoms of flu and cold are indistinguishable from endotoxin symptoms, so they may just be an overload of endotoxin on the body getting through the gut, which is easier in, say, winter when metabolism (and thus defense against endotoxin) drops. Explains why those things happen more in the winter! The suggestion they made was to take a big dose of activated charcoal to clear the gut of endotoxin.

I have personally tried this at the onset of a "flu-like feeling" and it worked! I also do it if for some reason I get a stuffy nose (which has been pretty rare since Peating, especially since I used to get it all the time), and it also clears that. For me, a big dose of activated charcoal is 10x of the 260mg pills, but it may be different for different people.

Also, just looking at that volcano thing, I'm guessing it would have about the same effect: clearing the gut of endotoxin.

Amazoniac

There was a Q&A with Danny and Haidut on one of Danny's podcasts (I think it was the second Q&A one) where it was asked if endotoxin is related to cold/flu, and if I recall correctly, Haidut said quite possibly since a lot of the symptoms of flu and cold are indistinguishable from endotoxin symptoms, so they may just be an overload of endotoxin on the body getting through the gut, which is easier in, say, winter when metabolism (and thus defense against endotoxin) drops. Explains why those things happen more in the winter! The suggestion they made was to take a big dose of activated charcoal to clear the gut of endotoxin.

I have personally tried this at the onset of a "flu-like feeling" and it worked! I also do it if for some reason I get a stuffy nose (which has been pretty rare since Peating, especially since I used to get it all the time), and it also clears that. For me, a big dose of activated charcoal is 10x of the 260mg pills, but it may be different for different people.

Also, just looking at that volcano thing, I'm guessing it would have about the same effect: clearing the gut of endotoxin.
Yeah, I think that endotoxin only produce those flu-like symptoms if it's something sudden and unexpected, like a shock from unusual toxins or in excessive amounts; but for most people it's a chronic adaptation, and you only notice the constant inflammation when you avoid it for a while: easily digested foods, fasting, charcoal, burtlancastor oil, etc.

Peata

At least twice now, I've short-circuited flu symptoms (not sure what was really happening, but it felt like a flu coming on and another time it felt like food poisoning coming on). I took 1 aspirin, 1 Dramamine, 1 g. niacinamide, and drinking tonic water helped too, if available.

EIRE24

Try and make a soup from some greens and drink the broth. It'll have all the vitamins and minerals needed to beat a cold and flu. You could add garlic, ginger and turmeric.

It's my turn. I feel very achey and fever of 101.5 which for me is sky high. I feel awful. I've been taking AC every day and methylene blue. And D3 and A and K2 and aspirin. I will try fasting except for juice or fruit and liposomal C even though it has pufa and is maybe not peaty.

L

lollipop

any new ideas? Thanks!
Pau d'Arco tea, Progest - e, laying with legs up wall - a yoga pose that increases vitality and helps circulation, ginger tea, chamomile tea, Lysine, elderberry syrup

Hope these help!

Attachments

• IMG_1161.JPG
    IMG_1161.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 27
thanks @lisaferraro

I have never felt this lousy. I'm almost at 102F. fever again and it was running 100.5 or 101.5 all day. I'm trying to avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen in order to maintain the high temperature and hopefully smoke out the bugs.

I forgot about lysine, thank you. I just can't get in that position right now, sadly. Thanks again!

L

lollipop

thanks @lisaferraro

I have never felt this lousy. I'm almost at 102F. fever again and it was running 100.5 or 101.5 all day. I'm trying to avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen in order to maintain the high temperature and hopefully smoke out the bugs.

I forgot about lysine, thank you. I just can't get in that position right now, sadly. Thanks again!
Soooo sorry to hear...sending you good thoughts.

DrJ

any new ideas? Thanks!

Besides activated charcoal, somewhat high dose glycine, say 10g. Or enough gelatin so that you get about 10g glycine. I have never found anything that makes me so resilient to all sorts of stressors as taking regular glycine or gelatin.

Lee Simeon

Pretty much all my life, I have been sick on a regular basis. I have been eating "peaty" a little over a year now, and I have not been sick less than when I was eating a standard diet. I get a cold/fever around 4-8 times a year, and it is probably the most important factor for me in regaining health. I feel pretty much awful when I get sick, and I do everything in my power to not get it. A couple of days ago, I got another cold, only 5 weeks after my previous one. I have tried things such as Vitamin D, raw carrot, high doses Vitamin C, Zinc, Bag breathing, red light etc. and nothing seems to have helped. But I remember Haidut once said on a podcast with D-Rodd that activated charcoal might help. I have tried activated charcoal before, but not in a fever scenario. I have only used it in regards to stomach issues, but I found a few tablets and tried it this time. After 2 tablets for 2 days, all of my symptoms were gone. Nothing have given me such an effect before, and I recommend that you try it if you not already have.