Tiny Pits In My Lower Leg

pauljacob

Can somebody tell me what are these tiny pits in my lower leg. I do have a mild edema. This camera shot made my lower leg look wider than it is.

AF1QipMfMhbV4h8W7sE8Nltq7lzS_y_hzQ-1COV4akQh

H3TTyEg

Attachments

• legpits.jpg
    legpits.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 74

lebanesegirl

I think that might be Keratosis Pilaris, (overproduction of sebum clogging pores where hair follicles would be growing out). I have the same condition and I've had it since puberty. When did you start noticing them? Do you have them on your upper arms? If not it could be due to shaving.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

I think that might be Keratosis Pilaris, (overproduction of sebum clogging pores where hair follicles would be growing out). I have the same condition and I've had it since puberty. When did you start noticing them? Do you have them on your upper arms? If not it could be due to shaving.
Thanks lebanesegirl for your reply. I noticed them a year ago. Since you asked, I looked closely at my upper arms and I do have them but they're smaller. I'm 75 years old, and haven't shaved any part of my body except the face and for the past 12 years not even the face because I grew a beard. I also have these pesky little sacks of blood on my chest and upper arms, and I 'm more curious to know what they are. I suspect these appeared when I started lifting weights.

Attachments

• chest.jpg
    chest.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 40

redsun

Thanks lebanesegirl for your reply. I noticed them a year ago. Since you asked, I looked closely at my upper arms and I do have them but they're smaller. I'm 75 years old, and haven't shaved any part of my body except the face and for the past 12 years not even the face because I grew a beard. I also have these pesky little sacks of blood on my chest and upper arms, and I 'm more curious to know what they are. I suspect these appeared when I started lifting weights.

Those are cherry angiomas. You can read about them.