Tinnitus

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, me. My dad also has it really bad and I know he is extremely hypothyroid.

Check out this link I found recently about all the symptoms of hypothyroid. It has tinnitus on there but doesn't say much about it.

http://www.tuberose.com/HypothyroidSymptoms.html

TubeRose.com said:
Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) is another common and prominently listed symptom of hypothyroidism.

Too much pseudoephedrine increases stress hormones, loratadine isn't good for the liver, and anything that irritates the intestine can cause tinnitus by increasing endotoxin absorption.

On Nov 29, 2012, at 1:43 PM, wrote:

Dear Dr. Peat,

I have read about certain medications being ototoxic and causing tinnitus. Are you are of this side effect with any particular medications. I am concerned because I am considering taking Claritin D (loratadine and pseudoephedrine), however, I have read that this can contribute to hearing damage.

Thank

SheilaHelm1

narouz said:
Anybody else got it?
I do.

Any Peatian perspective on it?

I had it for years really badly. Maybe coincidence but since I started taking NDT at night instead of morning I don't really get it anymore.... :?: In fact it might have stopped when I had my mercury amalgams removed because that was at the similar time I switched..... curious

Dino D

My goes almost completly away with suplementing iron or with eating a lot, a lot of meat...
im not low iron, im not low ferritin, I'm not anemic but it helps...
i also sleep better, feel better and have a lot more energy and ,,breath" when i do this...

all of this is not just antipeat its anti everything, and its still the only thing that helps me... it works every time and i try not to do it, and i dont do it but it will be my last option...
supplementing is better because eating lots of meat isnt as good for my digestion and i feel a bit slow and tired, supplementing is better for me...

vitamin C helps, and getting enought electrolytes... salt can increase my tinitus, simple table salt seams the wors, desolved in water its better, i have found an unrefined see salt thats just great... training and streching the neck and pumping those muscles also helps... but nothing like iron

Beastmode

I developed a mild version and it wasn't until taking T3 with the supportive diet that it went way.

Waremu

My goes almost completly away with suplementing iron or with eating a lot, a lot of meat...
im not low iron, im not low ferritin, I'm not anemic but it helps...
i also sleep better, feel better and have a lot more energy and ,,breath" when i do this...

all of this is not just antipeat its anti everything, and its still the only thing that helps me... it works every time and i try not to do it, and i dont do it but it will be my last option...
supplementing is better because eating lots of meat isnt as good for my digestion and i feel a bit slow and tired, supplementing is better for me...

vitamin C helps, and getting enought electrolytes... salt can increase my tinitus, simple table salt seams the wors, desolved in water its better, i have found an unrefined see salt thats just great... training and streching the neck and pumping those muscles also helps... but nothing like iron

Your experience matches mine almost exactly. I went too long eating low iron and using aspirin for a period of time and that I think really drove my iron too low. I had extreme tinnitus and also extreme fatigue. I noticed that when I ate meat the fatigue and eventually the tinnitus left within 8-24 hours.

I think it was iron and B vitamin related (one can have iron problems also due to low levels of certain b vitamins, not just from eating less iron). So meat helped, but liver really changed things for me as well. I am doing very low PUFA right now so I am mostly just focusing on more liver over meat, but will sometimes do half liver and half very lean 3% fat ground beef. I think the high Vitamin B2 in liver probably helps with the iron metabolism as well. I am currently averaging 1 oz every day and every few days 2 ounces, and every few days 1-2 oysters. My tinnitus hasn't returned so ever since. The fatigue is gone as well. I also had extreme muscle twitching, which is pretty much gone. I usually soak my liver in vinegar for a day or so and then lightly cook it. Helps a lot with digestion. Highly recommend trying.

I think a lot of people take what Peat says about too much iron and run with it to the other extreme, and don't eat the amount of liver and occasional shellfish and meat that they should or that he recommends, and then end up having iron issues. I've seen this happen with four people who followed Peat. They just ate 99% of their protein from dairy and gelatin and thought they were following Peats recommendations until they hit a wall with iron issues and I ask them, "where is the liver and meat?" They usually say they cut it out because Ray is anti-iron. I then tell them they need to re-visit what Peta says, because they have a wrong understanding, and that Peat recommends liver at least 1-2 times per week (or small amounts spread over the week like I do), and shellfish and 100 grams or so of beef being fine. All that provides decent iron, and that iron is needed for some very essential functions in the body. But somehow some people are of this idea that Peat is anti-meat when he isn't. I guess they get the idea that he is because he speaks of how bad too much meat can be, but forget that there is a night and day difference between too much and none.

Last edited:

Dino D

Your experience matches mine almost exactly. I went too long eating low iron and using aspirin for a period of time and that I think really drove my iron too low. I had extreme tinnitus and also extreme fatigue. I noticed that when I ate meat the fatigue and eventually the tinnitus left within 8-24 hours.

I think it was iron and B vitamin related (one can have iron problems also due to low levels of certain b vitamins, not just from eating less iron). So meat helped, but liver really changed things for me as well. I am doing very low PUFA right now so I am mostly just focusing on more liver over meat, but will sometimes do half liver and half very lean 3% fat ground beef. I think the high Vitamin B2 in liver probably helps with the iron metabolism as well. I am currently averaging 1 oz every day and every few days 2 ounces, and every few days 1-2 oysters. My tinnitus hasn't returned so ever since. The fatigue is gone as well. I also had extreme muscle twitching, which is pretty much gone. I usually soak my liver in vinegar for a day or so and then lightly cook it. Helps a lot with digestion. Highly recommend trying.

I think a lot of people take what Peat says about too much iron and run with it to the other extreme, and don't eat the amount of liver and occasional shellfish and meat that they should or that he recommends, and then end up having iron issues. I've seen this happen with four people who followed Peat. They just ate 99% of their protein from dairy and gelatin and thought they were following Peats recommendations until they hit a wall with iron issues and I ask them, "where is the liver and meat?" They usually say they cut it out because Ray is anti-iron. I then tell them they need to re-visit what Peta says, because they have a wrong understanding, and that Peat recommends liver at least 1-2 times per week (or small amounts spread over the week like I do), and shellfish and 100 grams or so of beef being fine. All that provides decent iron, and that iron is needed for some very essential functions in the body. But somehow some people are of this idea that Peat is anti-meat when he isn't. I guess they get the idea that he is because he speaks of how bad too much meat can be, but forget that there is a night and day difference between too much and none.
Im so much circleing arounf the liver and suportung it without eating it... i have to discipline my self and start eating liver regulary...
Thx
Im not shure that we are the same, because your tinitus went away fast with just a little meat... however i may be missing other factors tgat liver could provide... my right eyelied startes twiching witch is kind of similar to your muscle twitching...
We will see i will try liver