Tinnitus / Iron, Coffee, Salt

Dino D

So, I have tinnitus for 4-5 years...
Its not a problem in the ear, not a scar, a wound, a noise trauma, infection...
I only have specific comments/ questions, so dont go to general about tinnitus...

1. Supplementing iron helps... once it almost cured it when i supplemented for three monts
-Eating 5-6 protein meals, mostly meat based (chicken) 4 one month also stopped tinnitus almos completly (bodybuilding attempt no 13 haha)
-I got a few times advice to take iron, evan here, and now i will do it for one month...

2. Coffee makes it worse, it increases very fast for 60% when i drink coffee (8 from 10 times...)

3. Salt makes it worse... but not so much like coffee...

Any specific conclusions based upon what i said?

sunraiser

So, I have tinnitus for 4-5 years...
Its not a problem in the ear, not a scar, a wound, a noise trauma, infection...
I only have specific comments/ questions, so dont go to general about tinnitus...

1. Supplementing iron helps... once it almost cured it when i supplemented for three monts
-Eating 5-6 protein meals, mostly meat based (chicken) 4 one month also stopped tinnitus almos completly (bodybuilding attempt no 13 haha)
-I got a few times advice to take iron, evan here, and now i will do it for one month...

2. Coffee makes it worse, it increases very fast for 60% when i drink coffee (8 from 10 times...)

3. Salt makes it worse... but not so much like coffee...

Any specific conclusions based upon what i said?

Iron is very intimately linked to copper - I highly doubt lack of iron was the root cause.

You could try 2mg per day of a non glycinate copper supplement to see if it helps. You have to be patient, though. Give it a week and don't up the dose.

Liver has way too many other variables to be definitively a good source of copper uptake - it makes me worse generally. Glycine, the same.

Are you able to get hold of any copper gluconate?? It's cheap - it's definitely worth a go as long as you're eating a balanced diet.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Iron is very intimately linked to copper - I highly doubt lack of iron was the root cause.

You could try 2mg per day of a non glycinate copper supplement to see if it helps. You have to be patient, though. Give it a week and don't up the dose.

Liver has way too many other variables to be definitively a good source of copper uptake - it makes me worse generally. Glycine, the same.

Are you able to get hold of any copper gluconate?? It's cheap - it's definitely worth a go as long as you're eating a balanced diet.
I can try to order it on ebay...

sunraiser

I can try to order it on ebay...

Make sure not to pay much for it. I use fair and pure brand but biocare do one too - biocare products have been decent in the past for me.

I haven't generally had tinnitus but copper has sorted iron metabolism issues for a few people I've seen. I'd definitely stop taking taurine or any other supplements while you try copper, if you give it a go.

Make sure you eat normally, to appetite and craving as well.

Remember not glycinate - it can screw with copper metabolism in my experience.

Bogdar

It seems like a mechanical root - not a chemical one.
Coffee and salt affect blood pressure and blood flow, which could explain your tinnitus going worse when taking it.
Does it worsen when doing sport, like cardio with high heart frequency?

IMO, it is as I also have, mechanical tinnitus. Basically crowding near the ear, it is a jaw related problem; because of joints too far back, and/or muscles tensions, bad resting tongue position etc.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

It seems like a mechanical root - not a chemical one.
Coffee and salt affect blood pressure and blood flow, which could explain your tinnitus going worse when taking it.
Does it worsen when doing sport, like cardio with high heart frequency?

IMO, it is as I also have, mechanical tinnitus. Basically crowding near the ear, it is a jaw related problem; because of joints too far back, and/or muscles tensions, bad resting tongue position etc.
I looked into it before... it could be that also... the jaw, or neck from long siting on pc, bad posture... did you fixed it?

Bogdar

I looked into it before... it could be that also... the jaw, or neck from long siting on pc, bad posture... did you fixed it?
It's a long journey and it takes a long time healing it as it also took a long time installing.

I did not cure it 100%, but I can say that I reduced my tinnitus enough for me to not be bothered anymore, I don't even think about it. There are times, near exams for example when I need to be on a chair for long time without breaks when it comes back, but the first 2 years were defintely the worst and I can only be hugely satisfied with what I got now.

As I am still working on it, it might disappear little by little and maybe someday vanish, but it is such a little problem today that I don't really care. Would be fun just to say "I totally cured what every ENT in the world are unable to cure" but that is just it.

Fyi, I started with such tinnitus and high speech that I couldn't sleep for years without pills, developped phobias with every silent places like waiting room at doctors, my own room etc.

Bogdar

Btw I also started my journey with food and stuff, and also noticed some slight changes now and then ; but it was only after an atlas repositioning at a chiropractor that I've experienced true relief - and what it felt not to have constant screams in your ears.
Some chemical stuff might help but if the root cause is mechanic you will have hard times and many years experiencing this and this, just sayin'.

Bogdar

Oh yes and I wanted to add that where supplements and stuff will be helpfull is when they give you enough boost and energy to have a good muscular tone, and give you desire to have a walk, jog or hang out with friends and stuff. Movement and not being sat down help a lot; in that sense boosting metabolism as this forum has a lot of interesting ressources in is a good way

Last edited:
OP
Dino D

Dino D

Hey i tried to take iron for 9 days... i lost my morning woods and libido is low... the same happend with zinc 9 months ago...
I feel better... sleep is the same... appetite stronger... i think i feel better, i lost some weight, i belive...
Could iron, and also zinc intefere with copper? Any ideas?

Last edited:

sunraiser

Hey i tried to take iron for 9 days... i lost my morning woods and libido is low... the same happend with zinc 9 months ago...
I feel better... sleep is the same... appetite stronger... i think i feel better, i lost some weight, i belive...
Could iron, and also zinc intefere with copper? Any ideas?

They can absolutely interfere with copper. Iron, zinc and copper can be both synergistic and antagonistic to eachother depending on the balance.

If you try copper just go conservatively and see how you feel after a week. And not glycinate! (sorry to keep repeating haha).

OP
Dino D

Dino D

They can absolutely interfere with copper. Iron, zinc and copper can be both synergistic and antagonistic to eachother depending on the balance.

If you try copper just go conservatively and see how you feel after a week. And not glycinate! (sorry to keep repeating haha).
thx, i ordered it on ebay and we will see :)

"Moderate reduction of dietary salt intake also helps to lower systemic
hypertension, which is considered a vascular risk factor. There is likely a positive
association between tinnitus and arterial hypertension"

Normal to High salt-intake is also associated with increased Potassium excretion and general inflammation
even in non salt-sensitive populations.