Tingly toes after exercise, but not with carbs

lvysaur

Something I've noticed. After doing yardwork, my toes get tingly. This is the case when I haven't eaten carbs. However, I don't feel exhausted. I also am able to do only a tiny amount of work.

If I've eaten carbs and then do the work, I don't get the tingles. Instead I'll get exhausted and have muscle tremors afterward. I usually do a much larger amount of work in this state.

Thoughts?

Something I've noticed. After doing yardwork, my toes get tingly. This is the case when I haven't eaten carbs. However, I don't feel exhausted. I also am able to do only a tiny amount of work.

If I've eaten carbs and then do the work, I don't get the tingles. Instead I'll get exhausted and have muscle tremors afterward. I usually do a much larger amount of work in this state.

Thoughts?
My toes would tingle too when i would take “power walks”. I discovered it was my tennis shoes. Do you wear different shoes with yard work than other times?
I know you mentioned carbs, and starchy ones could be causing inflammation, which would play another part in the shoe situation.

MarcelZD

Thoughts?

Have you found out what could cause this in the meantime? I have same issue with hard exercise and peripheral neuropathy.

Thoughts?
I am now thinking my tingly toes was from heavy metals. Since upping my calcium via dairy and laying off so much seafood and gelatin I am not having the issue anymore.

TobyBjorn

The carbs observation is interesting. I do feel best with a good amout of fruit :):
Nerves like those that reach all the way down to our toes are prone to acting up with all kinds of relatively small postural and muscular tonicity factors since there is a long string of joints and junctions throughout the length of the nerve. Hence Rinse&rePeat's note about footwear. For me (and most of my relatives) tingly numbness in the toes and feet is usually caused by overactivity in the piriformis muscle, which itself is caused by underactivity in the glutes. Solving this problem has been quite easy, all we need to do is activate the glutes, and almost any way of doing it seems to work. The most effective movement for me is the hip abduction machine found in most gyms. I've heard this machine referred to (by girls) as "bad girls," in contrast to the adductor mode or "good girls." The one that works for my nerve irritaion is contracting the outer thigh and glutes, spreading the legs open. It seems to immediately put the piriformis and glute into harmony.
But I get similar results if I just do some "donkey kicks" while I'm dancing around the kitchen or whatever. With the abduction machine I can stay healthy with once per week workouts, but with donkey kicks and squats I have to do a set or two several times per week.