Time To Start/learn DIY IVs?

Infarouge

Intravenous vitamin C, ozone, EDTA and many other substances are dirt cheap and some of the most effective therapies available. However due to high cost of insurance/overhead/profit any clinic that offers these make them cost prohibitive for most people.

Has anyone learned how to DIY IVs and begun doing this at home? Learning safe IV procedure takes a few hours on youtube. I checked IV cert programs for nurses and in my state they are open for everyone (just indicate first responder). I have even considered starting a local meetup where people can learn to self administer IV nutrients. As long as you don't touch, treat, etc it is perfectly legal to inject things in your own body.

Considering IV technique is mastered by most every homeless junky, I really don't think it is unreasonable to learn how to do this yourself and have a lifesaving skill that can extend your life decades on a small budget.

Yeah, you're probably right. The tools needed for this are far cheaper and reusable as compared to what you'd need for clinical visits repeatedly and etc.

I think the only issue is that some of these medical supplies are probably not readily purchasable OTC/requires prescriptions or maybe medical licenses/certs/etc., which just puts a/an (unnecessary) hurdle or block in place for people. People should have more of a right/freedom to buy more of what they want/need -- not hide sometimes useful and life saving/changing things from ease of access behind prescriptions and bureaucratic control (like testosterone and other androgens as one example) that renders these options unusable for many like those poorer, uninsured and etc.

Last edited:
Many substances also could be done via intramuscular injection. Even easier to learn. I have done many IM injections myself, mostly vitamins like B12. But I'm still to learn IV.

yerrag

Was thinking of learning DIY IV myself. Especially with ozone and with H2O2.

Could probably get a nurse also to do it for me privately for a fee. I used to get the service when I was caring for my mom. Still beats the cost of going to a naturopathic clinic. Preparing the supplies and equipment is easy.

An enema is also something to consider. The colon will absorb solutions also so long as it's not acidic. What's absorbed gets into the bloodstream as well. It may seem like a dirty route but the gut lining is very picky with what it absorbs. It's not letting fecal matter and bacteria and toxins in.

jzeno

IV H2O2? Nice

I'm not sure about the efficacy, but let's presume enemas are similar are equal for the sake of argument, then I would say just do enemas. They are dirt cheap and super easy and no blood or needles--much less risk for error and injury.

OP
Infarouge

Infarouge

Nurses can't administer IVs without a legit prescription and under medical supervision.

Yea I wouldn't mess with IV ozone unless it was the only option in a life threatening scenario. IV H202 is a thing, Charles Farr, MD and William Campbell Douglass, MD both published extensively on medical use of H202, which of course is a bioidentical molecule created by white blood cells and the peroxisome. The peroxisome is a membrane-bound organelle, found in the cytoplasm of virtually all eukaryotic cells in most all mammals if not all living things.

Methylene blue, iodine and many Peaty substances exhibit similar therapeutic pro-oxidative mechanisms. Even IV vitamin C exhibits it's therapeutic effects through pro-oxidative mechanisms. Indeed, the nomenclature of "prooxidant/antioxidant" are semantic faux pas largely perpetrated by unscrupulous advertisers in the supplement industry. Both are central to healthy metabolic function and as usual the key is balanced homeostasis.

yerrag

The legality of getting nurses for in-home IV varies by country. In a super regulated country like the US, what you say isn't surprising. The establishment says they are protecting you, that it's for your own good. Like they really have our good in mind. Pathetic.

The education system creates graduates that they need to put in cages to protect them. Why not teach them to think for themselves so they don't need to be protected from stupidity? Oh, sorry, that wasn't their intention.

Yes, I'm trying out oral H2O2 now. If I don't have to IV, why do it?

It's interesting how the body works when it's working. Oxidative processes are always shortly followed by anti-oxidative processes, within an instant, to keep us from harming ourselves. It makes sense that substances such as hydrogen peroxide and vitamin C, can act as either, depending on the situation at hand.

Probably methylene blue and iodine has both oxidative and anti-oxidative properties as well.

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

I proposed the same in some of the Corona-threads. Doing IVs on oneself is a very useful skill - bit mind, that skill includes not only the technical administering aspect, but also the knowledge which substances you can give per IV. Some might try to make a tap-water solution of impure Vit C or something like that.

kevinjohore

I have been supplementing rectally for years, my daily dose (in order of importance) includes:
- water (as a carrier) 80ml
- magnesium sulphate 1g
- EDTA 1g
- sodium abscorbate 2-3g
- l-cysteine 1g
- ALCAR 1/2g
- proline 1/2g
- coffee 1 tsp

(I have had heart failure for 10+ years.)

It takes some practice to get the hang of self administering rectally without getting into a mess.

I understand that the rectal route is at least as effective as oral. In the case of MgSO4, far more more effective coz no side effects.

yerrag

I have been supplementing rectally for years, my daily dose (in order of importance) includes:
- water (as a carrier) 80ml
- magnesium sulphate 1g
- EDTA 1g
- sodium abscorbate 2-3g
- l-cysteine 1g
- ALCAR 1/2g
- proline 1/2g
- coffee 1 tsp

(I have had heart failure for 10+ years.)

It takes some practice to get the hang of self administering rectally without getting into a mess.

I understand that the rectal route is at least as effective as oral. In the case of MgSO4, far more more effective coz no side effects.

How is this done? I've done it only on my cats, but haven't done on myself.

What is a good enema kit for doing this? Is it the bucket type of the one with the red rubber thingy? What brand would you recommend?

And lastly, is there a good video guide for this? Or would it be better for me to go get an enema once and learn how it's done?

I'm still thinking of using this in place of an H2O2 IV.

Back
Top Bottom