• Obviously exists

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • May not

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I prefer not to think about it

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Warrior

If I said time doesn't exist what would be the first response that popped into your head? Either for or against I'm interested in your perspective on this so lets have a discussion.

OccamzRazer

Time exists in - and is a critical part of - our physical matrix.

But there is a higher version of reality that's completely timeless. IMO.

Peatful

Ffs

bloooeh

If I said time doesn't exist what would be the first response that popped into your head? Either for or against I'm interested in your perspective on this so lets have a discussion.

Time exists in this holography but outside of this construct time may not exist.

Time does exist and it's evidence of extra-perception reality. Time existed before there were clocks too, before somebody mentions that.
All this talk about cycles; life cycles, civilizational cycles, things and other things repeating themselves and being reborn doesnt make any sense. Time is creeping forward irreversibly. This talk is narrative, where does narrative and storytelling come from? It is attempting to identify patterns, futilely acknowledging that they must take multiple lifetimes to "repeat", is blatant proof of extra-perception and constantly mysticized survival instinct of pattern recognition, which we can call fractalism (Babies are little men, we are made in God's image, Psychedelic trips raise "perception", Horton Hears a Who etc.). Maybe God talks to us with seretonin after all, because most of us seem to be of a condition like a spider who hasnt found a good place to make a web.

Again to Mysticism. i think certain seemingly nonsensical phrases like "what is the meaning of life?" and "time doesnt exist" can quite literally paralyze consciousness (I'm not passing a judgment here) and induce trancelike states in those who say them of their own volition. I think it...facillitates a sacrificial drive in the individual that, at least in my experience, is repulsive and disturbing to modern (western?) man.

Apple

Time does exist and it's evidence of extra-perception reality. Time existed before there were clocks too, before somebody mentions that.
All this talk about cycles; life cycles, civilizational cycles, things and other things repeating themselves and being reborn doesnt make any sense. Time is creeping forward irreversibly. This talk is narrative, where does narrative and storytelling come from? It is attempting to identify patterns, futilely acknowledging that they must take multiple lifetimes to "repeat", is blatant proof of extra-perception and constantly mysticized survival instinct of pattern recognition, which we can call fractalism (Babies are little men, we are made in God's image, Psychedelic trips raise "perception", Horton Hears a Who etc.). Maybe God talks to us with seretonin after all, because most of us seem to be of a condition like a spider who hasnt found a good place to make a web.

Again to Mysticism. i think certain seemingly nonsensical phrases like "what is the meaning of life?" and "time doesnt exist" can quite literally paralyze consciousness (I'm not passing a judgment here) and induce trancelike states in those who say them of their own volition. I think it...facillitates a sacrificial drive in the individual that, at least in my experience, is repulsive and disturbing to modern (western?) man.
But time didn't exist before The Big Bang ... No motion - no time.