Tillamook Cheese, OJ, Coffee, Aspirin, Coconut Oil Are The Foods That Shot My Body Temperature Up

jzeno

Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese Aged 2 Years (as Danny and Ray suggested: The Danny Roddy Weblog on Instagram: “"Tillamook white cheddar, aged 2 years, has natural ingredients, and Reggiano is the other one that I have confidence in. A big European…”)
Aspirin
Coffee
Coconut Oil
Orange Juice

I went from having very cold hands and feet on a regular basis to 99.5 F:

1.jpg

Insane.

Super meal:

Cup or two of coffee
Several cups of OJ
Natural sourdough with some coconut oil and cheese toasted in a toaster oven

That shot my temp up so much I felt like I was going to overheat. I have never in my life raised my body temperature that high from eating food. My experience has been mostly the opposite: eat a bunch of food and pass out due to discomfort or indigestion and/or get very cold and try to keep warm.

Ray Peat is right on.

Thanks all.

lvysaur

I've been on a stint of low meat, high cheese, and it feels very stable and energetic so far. High milk and sugar as well.

Waremu

Great to hear. I have found that, in my own experience as well as others, to counter liquids, sufficient salt, magnesium, potassium, and the B vitamins and Zinc are all very necessary, especially when the metabolism is healing more. When I first began peating it took many adjustments after realzing my hands and feet were often cold after OJ. Not getting enough salt and zinc and enough protein with the carbs was the issue and once I did made the adjustments by addressing those things my temperature began to rise as well as my pulse. Staying warm in fall and winter months especially was important. Now I can handle liquids much better, but still keep my salt up, especially as it helps keep my prolactin down along with the calcium from my raw milk. As my metabolism is more healed, I notice I have to rely on high vitamin and mineral carb sources more so than refined sugar since my body requires them for the higher metabolic rate...especially Vitamin B1 and magnesium. I mainly just use sugar to sweeten up my milk and shakes that already have fruit or fruit juice in them, etc. The sour bread sounds like a good idea, ...if I handled starch well, LOL.

Jsaute21

Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese Aged 2 Years (as Danny and Ray suggested: The Danny Roddy Weblog on Instagram: “"Tillamook white cheddar, aged 2 years, has natural ingredients, and Reggiano is the other one that I have confidence in. A big European…”)
Aspirin
Coffee
Coconut Oil
Orange Juice

View attachment 11781

Insane.

Super meal:

Cup or two of coffee
Several cups of OJ

That shot my temp up so much I felt like I was going to overheat. I have never in my life raised my body temperature that high from eating food. My experience has been mostly the opposite: eat a bunch of food and pass out due to discomfort or indigestion and/or get very cold and try to keep warm.

Ray Peat is right on.

Thanks all.
When you say natural sourdough, where do you typically buy this bread from? Local Quality bakery?

OP
jzeno

jzeno

When you say natural sourdough, where do you typically buy this bread from? Local Quality bakery?
Not necessarily, but possibly there, too. I can find them at a local grocery store that has a bakery inside. Attached is a picture.

Second option: the bread company San Luis (of San Francisco, CA, USA) carries almost the exact same bread for near the same price on the west coast of the US (not sure about the rest of the US or the world for that matter). But it's a fairly common, very widely used variety of bread that you should be able to find in most Western countries (Europe, Canada, USA, Aus., UK, etc.)

DMtc7t0UQAA2bGI.jpg d802441c742bffbe94a44143c4086c74_medium.png

The key: The difference between sourdough and most any other modern bread is that sourdough is made using a natural starter (which is a chunk of bread left over from the previous batch, taken and placed into the new batch) and is not made with yeast. Yeast shortens the rising time required for the bread so companies love it because they can make more bread in a shorter amount of time, but yeast doesn't fully prepare the grain for proper digestion by humans.

It's not a perfect food because some phytic acid is still present, but it is very, very low and if eaten with saturated fats (like Ray Peat recommends with starches, like potatoes) the damaging effect is also reduced so that you're eating as near perfect as humans can get it.

Remember: No yeast! Natural sourdough starter.

Happy eating.

tankasnowgod

Not necessarily, but possibly there, too. I can find them at a local grocery store that has a bakery inside. Attached is a picture.

Second option: the bread company San Luis (of San Francisco, CA, USA) carries almost the exact same bread for near the same price on the west coast of the US (not sure about the rest of the US or the world for that matter). But it's a fairly common, very widely used variety of bread that you should be able to find in most Western countries (Europe, Canada, USA, Aus., UK, etc.)

View attachment 11800 View attachment 11799

The key: The difference between sourdough and most any other modern bread is that sourdough is made using a natural starter (which is a chunk of bread left over from the previous batch, taken and placed into the new batch) and is not made with yeast. Yeast shortens the rising time required for the bread so companies love it because they can make more bread in a shorter amount of time, but yeast doesn't fully prepare the grain for proper digestion by humans.

It's not a perfect food because some phytic acid is still present, but it is very, very low and if eaten with saturated fats (like Ray Peat recommends with starches, like potatoes) the damaging effect is also reduced so that you're eating as near perfect as humans can get it.

Happy eating.

The breads pictured also don't appear to have any added iron..... that's huge too.

D

danishispsychic

Happy eating.
Actually San Luis Sourdough is from San Luis Obispo- not SF.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Actually San Luis Sourdough is from San Luis Obispo- not SF.
My apologies. I live in the northern part of the West coast and the closest thing that popped up when I searched for it was a location in SF and I just assumed that that must be their headquarters.

Jsaute21

Happy eating.
Thanks for the helpful answer. I do eat sourdough with yeast from a bakery and don't notice bad issues with it. With that being said, I will order the San Luis product and see if i notice a difference.

D

danishispsychic

Thanks for the helpful answer. I do eat sourdough with yeast from a bakery and don't notice bad issues with it. With that being said, I will order the San Luis product and see if i notice a difference.
Ralphs carries it

managing

Happy eating.
FTR, natural sourdough starter simply utilizes native wild yeast rather than isolated and selected and freeze dried yeast. There are bound to be a number of different organisms involved, as well as a number of different strains, rather than just one. This biodiversity is one supposed benefit. Another is that sourdough tends to ferment much onger than bread made with commercial yeast. There are also long fermented or cold fermented breads (not uncommon in traditional bakeries in Europe) that do the same. This breaks down more anti-nutrients and fully hydrates gluten and starch (as well as consuming more starch)

Sam321

Aspirin
Coffee
Coconut Oil
Orange Juice

View attachment 11781

Insane.

Super meal:

Cup or two of coffee
Several cups of OJ

Ray Peat is right on.

Thanks all.
Theres enzymes in the cheese. Isn't that a potential allergen?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals