Tick Bite With Red Mark

Gone Peating

I want to order doxycycline 100mg and take one a day for a few weeks, but the only thing I can find on online pharmacies is Doc T-SL which also has Lactic Acid 5 billion spores in addition to the doxycycline.

Is this safe to take? Or should I try another antibiotic?

gaze

Most doctors will prescribe a precautionary antibiotic course for something like a tick bite and red mark. Most US pills are loaded with fillers though

I want to order doxycycline 100mg and take one a day for a few weeks, but the only thing I can find on online pharmacies is Doc T-SL which also has Lactic Acid 5 billion spores in addition to the doxycycline.

Two to three weeks of 200 to 300mg doxycycline per day, get a prescription, maybe you can say that you want to travel and want it as an emergency chem or such. But insistence for doxycycline prophylaxis is also recommendable.

tankasnowgod

I've been using it. If you're worried, break it open and dose it in alcohol (about 200mg of vodka should do the trick). That should kill the lactobacillius.

And there is something about the organism that is anti-inflammatory, even if it's dead!

gately

As well as a short round of antibiotics, I would also seriously consider following Stephen Buhner's advice. Lyme disease is not something you want to play around with.

The Protocols | Buhner Healing Lyme Q & A

"NEW TICK BITES

For new tick bites, Stephen typically recommends taking astragalus – 3,000 mg daily for 30 days, 1,000 mg daily thereafter, indefinitely. Also: using a paste made of andrographis tincture mixed with green clay, the paste applied on the tick bite area can often prevent an active infection."

S-VV

21 days of 200 mg doxycycline minimum. No excuses.

This is mainstream allopathic advice, so consider it underdosed, and some pople are left with “lyme myalgia”, but since the WB comes negative it is ruled as cured.

OP
G

Gone Peating

21 days of 200 mg doxycycline minimum. No excuses.

This is mainstream allopathic advice, so consider it underdosed, and some pople are left with “lyme myalgia”, but since the WB comes negative it is ruled as cured.

How long would you continue to take antibiotics for?

S-VV

How long would you continue to take antibiotics for?
1 month if no GI side effects. If GI sides, get to 21 days and drop them.

It also depends on the time between the tick bite and the first antiobitc. The longer it is, more AB are needed.

OP
G

Gone Peating

As well as a short round of antibiotics, I would also seriously consider following Stephen Buhner's advice. Lyme disease is not something you want to play around with.

The Protocols | Buhner Healing Lyme Q & A

"NEW TICK BITES

For new tick bites, Stephen typically recommends taking astragalus – 3,000 mg daily for 30 days, 1,000 mg daily thereafter, indefinitely. Also: using a paste made of andrographis tincture mixed with green clay, the paste applied on the tick bite area can often prevent an active infection."[/QUO

Yea I’m currently using his regimen

Peater Piper

Did you have any symptoms besides the rash? I already felt like I had malaria by the time my erythema migrans appeared. I received an initial dose of intravenous Doxycycline and two weeks of pills, which wasn't nearly enough. It was months before I started feeling normal again and I believe I still have lingering effects. Doxycycline alone has been shown to be incapable of eradicating the infection, but the Buhner protocol in combination with it may be sufficient, especially if you didn't experience any symptoms of systemic infection.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals