Tianeptine Vs. Endotoxin

LeeLemonoil

Seems like Tianeptine is helpful for mood-disorders not least because anti-inflammatory actions directly in brain structures stemming from protection against LPS.

Chronic administration of tianeptine balances lipopolysaccharide-induced expression of cytokines in the spleen and hypothalamus of rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Anti-inflammatory properties of tianeptine on lipopolysaccharide-induced changes in microglial cells involve toll-like receptor-related pathways. - PubMed - NCBI

The latter publication was retracted, because of formal issues not the validity of the findings.

Terma

Yep it does just about everything. Its touted SERT effects have become misleading, because it does so much else. (sorry useless post too tired)

Constatine

Its starting to seem like anything that decreases serotonin and increases cell respiration protects against endotoxin.

Terma

Yeah, I still have chicken-or-the-egg questions about that, but one thing's for sure I've never gotten far targeting serotonin itself on myself so I tend to treat it as secondary as a bias.

haidut

Forum Supporter
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals