Tianeptine Makes Me Sharper, Happier, More Confident

HealingBoy

Be very careful. I had opiate withdrawal symptoms from the FIRST use. It was a horrible week. Thankfully, CBD and many other things exist to make it less horrible ... I have never hated a chemical that much. If tianeptine was a person, I would probably be convicted for hate crime, maximum sentence. At least, it gathered some of my hate and anger and directed them toward tianeptine.

Constatine

It can certainly be very beneficial and I would have to agree it has nootropic properties. It seems to benefit brain mitochondria and also increase bdnf in certain brain regions quite a bit. I think people who respond well to it are the high serotonin- glutamate types. Its not entirely safe, however its generally better tolerated than SSRI's. There is some negative discourses about it but thats partially because people who come from opioid abuse backgrounds use it in massive doses for withdrawals. Nevertheless I do think it should be treated like a "drug" and not a "supplement". Though even supplements can be more dangerous than people think.

HealingBoy

It can certainly be very beneficial and I would have to agree it has nootropic properties. It seems to benefit brain mitochondria and also increase bdnf in certain brain regions quite a bit. I think people who respond well to it are the high serotonin- glutamate types. Its not entirely safe, however its generally better tolerated than SSRI's. There is some negative discourses about it but thats partially because people who come from opioid abuse backgrounds use it in massive doses for withdrawals. Nevertheless I do think it should be treated like a "drug" and not a "supplement". Though even supplements can be more dangerous than people think.

Do you think it's normal to get withdrawal symptoms from first day, 12.5 mg/day (as an antidepressant) ? That's why I say to be very careful. I'm still wondering what it means about my biology : maybe my opiate receptors are way too developped in the body ? I'm not sure. I was what you would call "high serotonin" type (not sure about glutamate). Thanks to many supplementation, I'm clearly leaning toward a dopamine type.

Taotatoes

I've had a bottle sitting around for over a year now. I like it. It takes the edge off of my social anxiety. Gives me a strange mental focus. Gotta be honest though, it feels like a party drug. Low recommended doses gives me next day headaches, so I seldom use it. I took the time to research it extensively (studies and threads on reddit) discovering its most definitely something people can and do end up addicted to and abusing. It will alter your brain chemistry with long term use.

OP
M

milk

First day without tianeptine. I may still have a few intinitesimal crumbs left, but I haven't taken any.

I feel perfectly ok. I do feel more sober. I guess tianeptine is indeed a bit "druggy". And yes, I must be one of those chronically high-serotonin guys. Maybe some childhood trauma.

But I'm feeling ok.

Last edited:
OP
M

milk

Another thing about tianeptine: energy.

I have searched for this and found another guy, on reddit, who has had the same experience.

Namely: much more energy when working out.

When I take tianeptine I can sprint uphill like it's nothing. And I'm a sedentary guy.

I get that desire to run that children have. Just that feeling of wanting to spend your excess energy in a fun way.

Constatine

Do you think it's normal to get withdrawal symptoms from first day, 12.5 mg/day (as an antidepressant) ? That's why I say to be very careful. I'm still wondering what it means about my biology : maybe my opiate receptors are way too developped in the body ? I'm not sure. I was what you would call "high serotonin" type (not sure about glutamate). Thanks to many supplementation, I'm clearly leaning toward a dopamine type.
Yeah I agree its not very safe. I've heard of many weird experiences people had with tianeptine. Most aren't exactly dangerous but there are reports of mortalities that normally involve very high doses and drug combinations. Some people experience terrible tianeptine withdrawal while some experience no withdrawal at all. Some people even experience depression relief even after stopping tianeptine. Its certainly a weird and somewhat random drug.
Another thing about tianeptine: energy.

I have searched for this and found another guy, on reddit, who has had the same experience.

Namely: much more energy when working out.

When I take tianeptine I can sprint uphill like it's nothing. And I'm a sedentary guy.

I get that desire to run that children have. Just that feeling of wanting to spend your excess energy in a fun way.
I experienced the same thing while on it.

Constatine

Yeah I agree its not very safe. I've heard of many weird experiences people had with tianeptine. Most aren't exactly dangerous but there are reports of mortalities that normally involve very high doses and drug combinations. Some people experience terrible tianeptine withdrawal while some experience no withdrawal at all. Some people even experience depression relief even after stopping tianeptine. Its certainly a weird and somewhat random drug.

I experienced the same thing while on it.

@milk have you tried lowering serotonin through other means? Was it similar to tianeptine?

OP
M

milk

@milk have you tried lowering serotonin through other means? Was it similar to tianeptine?

Yes, I've been taking cypro regularly for years.

Cypro just makes me feel calmer. It often makes me feel sleepy. I usually take it before sleep.

OP
M

milk

Anyway, you guys were right, and I was a fool.

@Joeyd was right.

I have been taking tianeptine for years, always very low doses, never had any issue with it. About a month ago I took a larger dose to alleviate a beer hangover, and that was the beginning of my bad habit. I continued taking high-ish doses throughout the ensuing days and weeks. I have never abused opioids but yes, they must feel something like that. A "warm blanket" feeling. This sounds sleazy, I know.

No anxiety, either. Clearer mind. But then I ran out. Yesterday, my first day without tia, I felt fine. I got a craving for bread and mayonnaise, so I indulged. I ate a lot of bread and mayonnaise, the bad kind, the bread had a lot of bad, non-peaty ingredients and the Mayo had a lot of PUFAs. Then I took six drops of Progestene before sleep.

I woke up feeling depressed. Progesterone can make me moody, but not like this. I look it up on reddit and yes, tianeptine withdrawals often involve a lot of depression and tears. I feel like crying. And I was taking low doses. Some people were taking way higher doses than me. I can only imagine what their withdrawals were like. What I'm feeling is already bad enough. It's mostly an emotional thing. Feels like a vodka hangover. Over-emotional and a feeling of hopelessness.

I'm taking coconut oil, I just ate a large bar of dark chocolate and a pack of gummy bears, I'm drinking red bull, I have eaten a large carrot, taken some beef liver with coffee, I have OJ and milk in the fridge, I have taken an aspirin with coffee a while ago. I'm feeling better. Most guys say their withdrawals last at least a week but they're probably eating a lot of grains and PUFAs which must slow things down. I'm already feeling better, I think just following the standard Peat protocol will speed things up.

Anyway, don't do drugs. Thanks everyone for the heads up. I'm too old to be doing reckless things like this. May this be a learning experience for me.

OP
M

milk

Hahah this is not fun

@Joeyd's bet coming true sooner than expected

Props to you man

OP
M

milk

Mods feel free to change thread title to "Tianeptine sucks"

Runenight201

What a thread. I’m not going to lie though your experience with tianeptine makes me want to try it. My anxieties gotten a million times better but I still choke up every now and then for big social events. I think it could be useful in limited cases like that. I always enjoyed opiates but they never really sharpened my senses, and the itching...very annoying, but an opiate effect while increasing mental cognition? Sounds awesome. Anyways good luck with your tianeptine withdrawal. I’d try a giant frozen fruit smoothie with apple juice and extra sugar. Anytime I’m feeling depressed or low energy it kicks my brain up into higher gear. Not sure if it would help with a drug withdrawal, but is worth a shot.

postman

Mods feel free to change thread title to "Tianeptine sucks"
It's a good medicine for its intended purpose, long term crippling depression and anxiety treatment, it's one of the best.

OP
M

milk

I think I'm feeling better.

I just took some magnesium, b-vitamins and an energy drink (for the taurine). I don't feel as wretched anymore.

I've been taking micro doses of tianeptine for years, without any issue, like I said.

I had no idea it was so dangerous at larger doses.

There's a reddit subforum just for quitting tianeptine. Some guys there who have taken all kinds of drugs say tianeptine withdrawals are the worst withdrawal they have ever experienced. They say it is worse than heroin withdrawal. I'm not making this up.

Thankfully I was not taking very large doses.

But yeah. Be careful with tianeptine, guys.

nwo2012

I use it from time to time. Maybe 50mg on days I have an hour or so free to play guitar. Sometimes take Centrophenoxine and Noopept alongside. This combination definitely improves my guitar playing, less mistakes when playing covers, better dexterity and ease of remembering long solos.

nwo2012

But no addiction at all I can go days, to weeks without having any and still feel great. It just acts as a mild enhancement for me at least. But then ive never bern addicted to anything, even in my younger party drug or alcohol days zi could stop anyhting on a whim and not crave it. Perhaps Tianeptine is repairing some cerebral damage from those times, lol.

Btw RP told me he knew someone who went manic on 15mg!

Constatine

I use it from time to time. Maybe 50mg on days I have an hour or so free to play guitar. Sometimes take Centrophenoxine and Noopept alongside. This combination definitely improves my guitar playing, less mistakes when playing covers, better dexterity and ease of remembering long solos.
What do you think of noopept? I've taken it in the past and while it did aid my cognition for a while it eventually gave me short term brain fog whenever I took it. It also lowered my libido a lot.

@milk Aspirin (or better yet meadowsweet) plus caffeine cured my depression after I stopped taking tianeptine (I stopped due to the negative reports and the unnatural feel it gave, note I didn't experience any withdrawals but my dosage was very low). Though I wouldn't recommend doing too much while going through withdrawals. Lowered gaba in such a state won't feel good.

HealingBoy

What do you think of noopept? I've taken it in the past and while it did aid my cognition for a while it eventually gave me short term brain fog whenever I took it. It also lowered my libido a lot.

@milk Aspirin (or better yet meadowsweet) plus caffeine cured my depression after I stopped taking tianeptine (I stopped due to the negative reports and the unnatural feel it gave, note I didn't experience any withdrawals but my dosage was very low). Though I wouldn't recommend doing too much while going through withdrawals. Lowered gaba in such a state won't feel good.

Be aware that noopept can mess with your emotions ... many racetams too.