Tianeptine Is Awesome

answersfound

we live in such a sick society that this drug works like a charm for me, and the only way I can get it by buying it on eBay...does anyone know a drug that may function in a similar manner that I can actually convince my doctor to prescribe me in the U.S.?

tianeptine makes any tension i have go away...i've had social anxiety my whole life, and i think this could be the answer i've been looking for...it even works better than alcohol...the feeling you get throughout your body is incredible...i'm willing to pay whatever I need to in order to continuously get this drug, but is there any alternatives? it would just be so nice to go and fill a prescription at a pharmacy and get in a tablet form?

juanitacarlos

Interesting. It's very cheap so I will might try this for a few weeks.

Are you taking this daily? I was thinking of using it sparingly - like every second day or as required (when I go back to university shortly).

Have you had any side effects?

Tianeptine IS awesome!

I've been taking it for maybe 6 months now and it really seems to make me feel so much better so long as I take a high enough dose. Tianeptine gets me closer to how I think I'm supposed to feel. The only thing that sucks is that it doesn't last long, maybe 3 hours tops, but it's still awesome.

jyb

The ingredients are a true nightmare. It is very impressive. A long list of talc, silica, titanium etc. But the active ingredient, tianeptine sodium, is apparently water soluble, so maybe it can be filtered just like aspirin.

ttramone said:
That's cool. How much are you taking? And why did you start taking it?

I started out with the typical dose of about 12.5mg, but it didn't seem to have much of an effect other than a strange head sensation. I stopped taking it for a while until I read about people taking much larger doses. So I tried about 100mg and it was amazing; I felt how I imagine I'm supposed to feel. Now-a-days, I take anywhere between 100 and 200mg whenever I'm feeling like a sack of crap.

The main reason I started taking it is because I'm very neurotic and tense; I can't just relax and be in the moment, I'm always worried about how I'm percieved. Taking this stuff puts me in a state of being where I don't worry about nonsense and I can be a real person. I only wish it was cheaper and didn't taste like death. I should note, I take the pure powder, not the pills.

jyb said:
The ingredients are a true nightmare. It is very impressive. A long list of talc, silica, titanium etc. But the active ingredient, tianeptine sodium, is apparently water soluble, so maybe it can be filtered just like aspirin.

You can get the pure tianpetine sodium by itself if you want to avoid filtering and what not. Just search Ebay.

aguilaroja

solaire_of_astora said:
Tianeptine IS awesome!

I've been taking it for maybe 6 months now and it really seems to make me feel so much better so long as I take a high enough dose. Tianeptine gets me closer to how I think I'm supposed to feel. The only thing that sucks is that it doesn't last long, maybe 3 hours tops, but it's still awesome.

For discussion purposes only:

I had positive experiences, when tianeptine was needed, in adding niacinaminde or a very small amount of hydroxyzine or cyprohepatidine (1/4 to 1/2 of a low dose tablet) in the evening for longer lasting effect. Since hydroxyzine or cyprohepatidine can cause drowsiness, bedtime use at first seems best.

Ben

I've been taking it for 5 months. Its effects are very pleasant, feel more alive when taking it. I have physical and mental fatigue when I don't take it, I wonder what the mechanism is.

Dean

Parsifal said:
post 106409 How does Tianeptine act in the body?

This compound gets its mood boosting abilities from one of two mechanisms. The first possible explanation is that it enhances serotonin re-uptake. However, more recent research indicates its function as an AMPA and glutamate receptor modulator is the more likely explanation

http://www.powdercity.com/products/tianeptine-powder

I would not gamble on a SSRI :ninja.

I believe that definition indicates tianeptine as an SSRE, different than an SSRI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean

Is there any reason to believe the major constipating effect I got from it would go away eventually or is it conceivable that it would be less constipating at a higher dose?

tara

Dean said:
post 106429 Is there any reason to believe the major constipating effect I got from it would go away eventually or is it conceivable that it would be less constipating at a higher dose?
My guess: serotonin promotes peristalsis; tianeptine opposes serotonin, therefore may slow peristalsis. I have not used tianeptine, but I would be surprised if the effect were less on a higher dose.
Transit may improve with increased metabolism, so to the extent that it supports that for you, it may improve in the longer term. Constipation is not sth to tolerate (increases endotoxin and estrogen load). Cascara sagrada is one option to address it.

Parsifal

tara said:
post 106472
Dean said:
post 106429 Is there any reason to believe the major constipating effect I got from it would go away eventually or is it conceivable that it would be less constipating at a higher dose?
My guess: serotonin promotes peristalsis; tianeptine opposes serotonin, therefore may slow peristalsis. I have not used tianeptine, but I would be surprised if the effect were less on a higher dose.
Transit may improve with increased metabolism, so to the extent that it supports that for you, it may improve in the longer term. Constipation is not sth to tolerate (increases endotoxin and estrogen load). Cascara sagrada is one option to address it.
I thought that constipation was a sign of hypothyroidism?

tara

Parsifal said:
post 106473
tara said:
post 106472
Dean said:
I thought that constipation was a sign of hypothyroidism?

Yes, I think so. I think in hypothyroid states there is just less energy for everything including the the digestive system to work efficiently. If the metabolism is slow because of undereating, the body may also deliberately slow down transit to get more out of the meagre food. And hypothyroid state may go with reduced digestive enzymes and more vulnerability to allergens and irritants and under-digested food etc causing gut inflammation and reducing the gut lumen, also slowing transit. But in a slow metabolism, serotonin can keep it moving - serotonin increases with stretching and friction in the gut.
One of aged cascara sagrada's effects is to reduce gut inflammation, so widening a constrained lumen.

So if you reduce the serotonin, but metabolism is still slow and/or your gut has not yet recovered, things can slow down.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
tara said:
post 106475 So if you reduce the serotonin, but metabolism is still slow and/or your gut has not yet recovered, things can slow down.
And then there was cascara sagrada. :ss :toiletclaw

Last edited:

Dean

I tried straight cascara in the past and didn't think it helped. Maybe it wasn't good quality. I've been taking an herbal colon cleanse product that has cascara in it which seemed to be helpful--until the tianeptine. I guess I can up the dose.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]Dean[/ref], which herbal colon cleanse? Having quality cascara sagrada is important.