Thyroid

iLoveSugar

Quickest and most effective source? I need to order some and noticed the Tyromax is out.

sladerunner69

Quickest and most effective source? I need to order some and noticed the Tyromax is out.

I would recommend giving the "thyroid surrogate" a whirl. @haidut talked about it in another thread. It is a combination of caffiene, aspirin, and niacinimide. I take this combination daily and have noticed increased pulse and temperature and a good stable focus. It is quite potent, and will require you consume much more sugar and glucose because caffiene and especially niacinimide will burn through glycogen fast. The benefit of using this instead of thyroid hormone is that it wont cause suppression and will have other unique benefits.

L

lollipop

I would recommend giving the "thyroid surrogate" a whirl. @haidut talked about it in another thread. It is a combination of caffiene, aspirin, and niacinimide. I take this combination daily and have noticed increased pulse and temperature and a good stable focus. It is quite potent, and will require you consume much more sugar and glucose because caffiene and especially niacinimide will burn through glycogen fast. The benefit of using this instead of thyroid hormone is that it wont cause suppression and will have other unique benefits.
+1 Good suggestion @sladerunner69

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Caffeine crashes me. Makes me so wired but even more tired. Even with food and milk to go with it.

tara

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I've read tons on thyroid in general. Are these much more different than the typical cynoplus, cytomel, etc?

sladerunner69

Caffeine crashes me. Makes me so wired but even more tired. Even with food and milk to go with it.
Yeah that's an indication your metabolism is seriously screwed up. Personally I believe you should be able to handle 6oz of dark coffee with sugar/milk or a meal with about 30g of carbs... You could start out sloyly just drinking 3oz of coffee with a meal, and popping 325mg aspirin and 500mg niacinimide. At least thats 2/3 the way there.

How much do you eat in a given day? Have you consumed much pufa? What meds ahve you been on in the past and currently?

HDD

I've read tons on thyroid in general. Are these much more different than the typical cynoplus, cytomel, etc?

Yes, every thyroid product is different in potency. Tyromix has a different ratio of t4/t3 and the dsmo makes it different (more potent). Carefully read the description and the threads that have forum members posting their experience.
These email responses from Ray Peat are also very informative:
Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yes, every thyroid product is different in potency. Tyromix has a different ratio of t4/t3 and the dsmo makes it different (more potent). Carefully read the description and the threads that have forum members posting their experience.
These email responses from Ray Peat are also very informative:
Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

This really isn't me being lazy, but my cognitive function is seriously hindered right now. I try my best to read around, but my brain fog effects me so badly.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yeah that's an indication your metabolism is seriously screwed up. Personally I believe you should be able to handle 6oz of dark coffee with sugar/milk or a meal with about 30g of carbs... You could start out sloyly just drinking 3oz of coffee with a meal, and popping 325mg aspirin and 500mg niacinimide. At least thats 2/3 the way there.

How much do you eat in a given day? Have you consumed much pufa? What meds ahve you been on in the past and currently?

I'm all over the place. Appetite usually sucks because I limi food greatly avoiding pufa and starch. Yesterday I did get a boatload of milk in.

HDD

This really isn't me being lazy, but my cognitive function is seriously hindered right now. I try my best to read around, but my brain fog effects me so badly.

I didn't think that you were being lazy. I just wanted to draw your attention to the difference in thyroid products especially since I linked idealabs products that are more potent. I understand how difficult this must be for you especially since there is an enormous amount of information to digest regarding diet, supplements, and thyroid with differing opinions. Take it slow with supplementing thyroid, monitoring your pulse, temps, and symptoms. Have you had your cholesterol and vitamin D measured recently?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I have not had either checked. I did take 3mcg of cytomel this morning. No difference. I'm a breathing disaster at this point.

papaya

I have not had either checked. I did take 3mcg of cytomel this morning. No difference. I'm a breathing disaster at this point.
it's not peat approved, but when i feel really off a little iodine usually makes me feel better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals