Thyroid with calorie reduction?

Tcrazyjam

Dear friends,

I've got my Thyroid from pimpom (i love this paige).

i am on a calorie-reduced diet (2200 calories a day (my maintenance is 2700)). my body temp in the morning was 96.8 °F. I gained 100 grams of body weight in 2 weeks, but lost 1.57 inches on my belly. :?

What would be a better choice? To beginn medication with thyroid on my diet, or should i wait?? I drink a lot milk, oj; eat liver, eggs, fruits, coconut oil.

I have tried to loose weight before, but by eating the normal peat-style i gained weight and belly fat (and my body temp did not raise, its allways 96,8 )! :shock:

I do not do Cardio, i do just HIT training for my muscles. two times a week, for only 20 minutes.

Thanks.

David from germany :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Metabolism will increase with thyroid which means more calories and nutrients are probably going to be needed.

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

Thanks, but i knew that allready.
Unfortunaly i had to create a calorie deficit, in order to lose weight.
So what to do now? Should i take thyroid? or bad idea?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think calorie deficit is going to be detrimental to overall health.

For me, I take thyroid, and eat as much as my body asks for which sometimes is a lot.

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

I count calories, but i am NEVER hungry. I hear at my bodys voice, but am still in calorie deficit...

Do you count calories too? how do you know, that you eat enough? :lol:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I check via cronometer occasionally. I am able to eat more and more without gaining. So that tells me things are on the up and up. The fat will take care of itself once the body gets healthy. :)

You dont lose weight to get healthy, you get healthy to lose weight. Its totally backwards and upsides down of what we have been taught via the mainstream.

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

Ok, i understand your point.
But unfortunaly i did not get healthy with enough calories and peaterian dieting for the last 8 months.
my body temp did not raise (alltough i was eating above 500 grams carbohydrates and many small meals)

What would be more harmful?
taking thyroid with low calorie diet, or diet alone?

I am not dieting for health reason at the first place. I want to be slim for summer :P

I like this animal on your picture :lol:

J

j.

Nutrients are more important than calories. If you eliminate grains and sodas, I think you can have a nutrient replete diet with fewer calories.

If you drink fat-free milk, you can consume 2 liters per day, and still have room for many more foods if you're going for 2000 calories.

So 2 liters of milk per day with coffee and/or chocolate, 2 eggs, some fruit or orange juice, liver once a week, all together do not add up to 2000 calories.

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

j.,

yes, i am getting all nutrients. I track with chronometer. I am just deficient in vitamin k and mangan, but i supplement vitamin k.

J

j.

Tcrazyjam said:
j.,

yes, i am getting all nutrients. I track with chronometer. I am just deficient in vitamin k and mangan, but i supplement vitamin k.

Adding chocolate powder to milk might fix the manganese problem.

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

Thanks.

What would be a good starting point for thyroid?

1/2 grain (twice a day), and stay 2 weeks on that? On stopthethyroidmadness.com they advice to take 1 grain.

When i feel real hunger, i will raise my calories

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Adding chocolate powder to milk might fix the manganese problem.

I have been using baked pineapple with success.

J

j.

Tcrazyjam said:
Thanks.

What would be a good starting point for thyroid?

1/2 grain (twice a day), and stay 2 weeks on that? On stopthethyroidmadness.com they advice to take 1 grain.

When i feel real hunger, i will raise my calories

That's endo territory. I just experiment, and I am still on half a grain. More than that increases my sensitivity to adrenaline more than I can handle (I get muscle spasms and such).

J

j.

I think there is a chance that you will sense when your nutrients are being depleted. If I'm not real careful with eating a nutrient dense diet, I get cravings of eggs and liver that don't go away even if I eat them. So that might be a signal that my nutrient intake didn't satisfy my new metabolism induced by thyroid supplementation..

OP
T

Tcrazyjam

Hey guys.

I think i will NOT take NDT, until I raise calories. Instead i will eat high carb, frequent meals & and do all i can to raise my body temp. to a very good level ;)

Sometimes i do refeeds with rice pudding only... yesterday it makes me very hot :lol:

And even if i`m not able to lose weight, i try it again with a lot more calories. I read a book by matt stone. What do you think of him?

Is he a good guy? seems that he read ray peat articles :mrgreen:

north

I would focus on doing compound lifts (weight lifting) and build muscle. That way you will up your tolerance for carbs and insulin-sensitivity. You will also gain muscle fairly quickly (i gained 4kg for 5 months with 0% fat gain 1 year ago) which in turn will make your body require more calories.
Then i would aim for pretty high protein at least 150 per day but try to get them peatified, ie combine regular protein with gelatin.
What you wanna do as well is up your calories on trainingdays, ie go high above maintenance, like 20%. This tricks your body to loose more fat on your low-calorie days. It also allows for building muscle after your workouts.

Having muscle is the best cardio ;)

Of course this is just a suggestion from my own experience.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals