Thyroid suppression

P

PointOutside

I think I’m ready to start thyroid hormone after contemplating for a while now. My thyroid on paper is fine in that I don’t have clinical hypothyroidism. Still having body temperature issues, etc. I felt like that because I’m young I could try working on diet and nutrients and while I did it wasn’t enough.

I have Tyromix (T4 and T3) and will start low and work my way up.

I really wanted to just try it first for a few days or maybe a few weeks before truly committing. I know RP says that thyroid resumes full function after a few days of stopping, other posters here have had experiences that say otherwise.

How much am I really risking by trialing Tyromix for a few weeks in terms of suppression? I’ve seen reports of people coming off and having better metabolism and I hope I could be one of those people.

GreekDemiGod

Trying it for a few days is pointless, not gonna tell you nothing about how you respond long-term to it.
Need at least a month.

OP
P

PointOutside

Trying it for a few days is pointless, not gonna tell you nothing about how you respond long-term to it.
Need at least a month.
I would be completely fine for going many months on it if it’s providing me benefit. This is a difficult and individual question but would you consider 1-2 months short enough for my current thyroid numbers to return? I understand that thyroid requires a long time for one to really reap benefits.

K

Kaur Singh

What I heard Peat say on one of the radio shows/podcast
is to first start with T3 during the day, a little bit only,
and see how you do with that.
if it improves anything - then you would add the T4/T3 combo at night, starting with a little bit only
and wait 3 or so weeks before titrating if needed.

a little is a lot less than what you think is a normal dose

I would check vitamin D levels
you want them at 50-70 mg/dL
they have spoken that an deficiency of D
can look a lot like hypothyroidism

total cholesterol levels above 160 mg/dL

have you tried the other CO2 stuff - aspirin / bag breathing / soda water / baking bicarbonate / B1?