Thyroid Supplementation

Milena

Hi all

I'm now thinking of trying my rat on some thyroid supplementation but not sure where to start.

Currently, the rat is taking 1mg cyproheptadine and 3 drops of Progest-E x2 daily. Diet is moderately low-fat with occasional button mushrooms, liver and the odd strong coffee along with staples of milk, OJ and gelatine powder. Temperatures have increased from the low 35Cs to high 35C/low 36C and rat doesn't respond too badly to caffeine, now so I guess the glycogen storage is increasing a little although rat still wakes several times a night if not fed some fat late on. Rather than persist with poor sleep, I am using a little food/fat to moderate the adrenaline response.
Rat is still putting on weight as their metabolism still likes to run on 1400 kCals a day, it seems. That low, I can't seem to get rat a reliable amount of cheap protein, calcium and general nutrients without supplementation.
Rat's waking with extremely stiff front paws (this was a symptom many years ago when T4 was prescribed) and rat is slow with persistent swelling in lower legs and serious lack of oomph (energy)!

Can anyone suggest a regime to start a rat on, using, perhaps, Tyromix & Tyromax to alleviate these types of symptoms? Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals