Thyroid supplementation causes low temps and brittle nails?

Fairykiller

I’ve been taking a low dose of l-thyrox (25mg t4) for a little over three weeks. It does give me more energy overall but my temps have been down by 0,3 degrees (Celsius) since starting it and my nails are super brittle all of a sudden.

I haven’t changed anything else. Has anyone experienced similar things?

dadavid

I’ve been taking a low dose of l-thyrox (25mg t4) for a little over three weeks. It does give me more energy overall but my temps have been down by 0,3 degrees (Celsius) since starting it and my nails are super brittle all of a sudden.

I haven’t changed anything else. Has anyone experienced similar things?
t4 only will lower own t3 - at least for me it was.

Neeters 27

if you are female, you need to add Progesterone even if you are still in childbearing years. your temps will increase with P, it is thermogenic. having low thyroid untreated would have messed up your hormone output, and your adrenals are probably exhausted...that will cause low temps because excess adrenaline to compensate for low thyroid. takes a few months to resolve. Progesterone cream will raise temps as it lowers adrenaline. it saved my life! also, it takes a while for thyroid meds to work, although it looks like you are on a dose so small even for a toddler! most of my friends ages 55 to 83 take between 88 mgs to 150 of levo thyroxine fyi. I take NDT and its the best for me. levo didnt work AT ALL...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals