Thyroid Supplement

nwo2012

Im sure the glandular component of tryoid-s is good but those exipients are definitely far from safe.

I emailed RP, heres his reply:

The chemical companies must love that product. Is that really a list of its ingredients? I don't think I have ever seen so many excipients in a single product; everything except the lactose and magnesium stearate is arbitrary, harmful, and absurd. What can people be thinking if they eat that stuff?

I am only posting this info because I care about people and if there's anything I can do to point out something I think could harm a person, then I will always do so.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
nwo201, thank you for posting this information. It is very valuable.

I have concerns about thyroid-s that I will share in the future once I figure out of my concerns were correct, but in the meantime, I will be switching over to what Ray Peat recommends.

nwo2012

Charlie said:
nwo201, thank you for posting this information. It is very valuable.

I have concerns about thyroid-s that I will share in the future once I figure out of my concerns were correct, but in the meantime, I will be switching over to what Ray Peat recommends.

You're very welcome mate.

Nick810

I found Cynomel increased my hair loss a lot - made my hairs go very thin and then fall out. Would be interested to hear your experiences.

nwo2012

Nickje said:
I found Cynomel increased my hair loss a lot - made my hairs go very thin and then fall out. Would be interested to hear your experiences.

What dose was that at? Also were you using any source of T4 in the daily dosing?

Nick810

Nope.

And I was just nibbling it, even if I had a tiny tiny bite, I could feel my head pinch.

nwo2012

Nickje said:
Nope.

And I was just nibbling it, even if I had a tiny tiny bite, I could feel my head pinch.

Do you get stressed easy? And more so when nibbling the T3? Did you try pregnenolone at the same time as the T3?

Nick810

I'd say I may be on the anxious side, although regular sugar helps control this. And no I didn't try anything along with it. I tried taking it with food though and it didn't make a difference.

nwo2012

Nickje said:
I'd say I may be on the anxious side, although regular sugar helps control this. And no I didn't try anything along with it. I tried taking it with food though and it didn't make a difference.
I would try some pregnenolone and also a some T4 alongside the T3, I think it will be different than when you tried it alone.

nwo2012

Nickje said:
Well I tried Cynoplus and had the same results.

Thats unfortunate. How did you go with any natural glandulars? I have never heard of someone experiencing what you are. Perhaps you have a crazy amount of 5-alpha reductase in your system and any extra testosterone you produce is instantly converted to DHT? So maybe when you improve your thyroid the extra testosterone is causing thei hair loss? Just a theory.

Nick810

Not sure, I've tried to order some Nature-throid to see if it is any better.

nwo2012

Nickje said:

Good luck and let us know. Ive ordered some Nuti-pak thryoid glandular because the excipients are 'safe'. Trying to find an alternative to cynomel/cynoplus so I can cycle between them. How are the excipients in Nature-thyroid?

nwo2012

nwo2012 said:
Nickje said:

Good luck and let us know. Ive ordered some Nuti-pak thryoid glandular because the excipients are 'safe'. Trying to find an alternative to cynomel/cynoplus so I can cycle between them. How are the excipients in Nature-thyroid?

Thats Nutri-pak.

nwo2012

The Nutri-pak thyroid arrived. It says New Zealand BSE Free Tissue Blend.
130mg Thyroid Tissue
Other Ingredients: Magnesium Stearate, Dicalcium Phoshate (both very safe).

So I opened the tub and wanted to know how 'strong' this stuff is. I took one tablet and chewed it up and swallowed. Well around 20 minutes later I could feel my pulse increasing but most of all my temperature. Took my tympanic (closest to brain temperature - we want around 99F or slightly higher here according to RP) temperature and it was 99F. My pulse was around 82 BPM (so up slightly from where Ive been sitting (75-80). Now some 4 hours later my pulse is back at 76 but tympanic temperature is still 99F. So this stuff definitely has a decent amount of thyroid tissue. :D

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
nwo, what does that pill look like? I have the "nutri-meds" and it has only dicalcium phosphate and pharmaceutical glaze. I am wondering if its the same company who makes it just different name. When i took the nutrimeds I didnt feel anything, so I dunno.

My pill is fairly big, kind of a tan color, with some brownish flecks. Can post a pic later if need be.

nwo2012

Charlie said:
nwo, what does that pill look like? I have the "nutri-meds" and it has only dicalcium phosphate and pharmaceutical glaze. I am wondering if its the same company who makes it just different name. When i took the nutrimeds I didnt feel anything, so I dunno.

My pill is fairly big, kind of a tan color, with some brownish flecks. Can post a pic later if need be.

Yes I could do that. These are very pale in colour, just off white and do have little specks (though I suspect all thyroid glandulars have specks). They could be the same, I really dont know. But definitely worked for me (chewing it up that is). On my days off I will trial it properly, taking it on its own and swallowing whole while charting BBT and pulse throughout the day.

Nick810

My naturethroid arrived. Tried a nibble, (about 0.2 grains).

Pretty wired, like strong coffee, exactly like when I first starting taking Cytomel, insta-warm and energy.

The only question is whether the side effects come after taking it for a bit, like they did with Cytomel. The hair loss started pinching and happening more, the longer I took it.

edit: ok pretty sure it made me hypert - tingling in fingers. Crazy from such a small dose.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow nick! Keep us posted!

Can you PM where you got this from if you dont feel comfortable sharing it here?

I tried to find the ingredients of it online but didnt have any luck. Is the ingredients listed on the bottle?

nwo2012

Nickje said:
My naturethroid arrived. Tried a nibble, (about 0.2 grains).

Pretty wired, like strong coffee, exactly like when I first starting taking Cytomel, insta-warm and energy.

The only question is whether the side effects come after taking it for a bit, like they did with Cytomel. The hair loss started pinching and happening more, the longer I took it.

edit: ok pretty sure it made me hypert - tingling in fingers. Crazy from such a small dose.

Sounds promising. Please pm me more info and excipients etc.