Thyroid, Progesterone &/or Oral Birth Control To Shrink Uterine Fibroids

bionicheart

I have been smoking cannabis for 2-3 years and my periods have gotten heavier, longer, and more painful. It was recently confirmed that I have a fibroid and I believe it is due to the estrogenic qualities of MJ. My gyno wants to put me on birth control to shrink my fibroid... as well as my uterus---which I was told is enlarged for my age. (I'm 27, no previous pregnancies) I'm freaking out as to what I should do! I've read oral contraceptives can shrink, stunt the growth of, and increase the growth of fibroids.
My recent labs show that I am low in vitamin D (supplementing 2000 IU D3....I am also taking 400IU vitamin E (Unique) as well as B1 for MVP)
MY current Labs are...
My TSH is currently 1.89 mIU
T4 is 1.0 ng/dL
estradiol=51 pg/mL
progesterone=0.5ng/mL
should I supplement with Tyromix or progesterone to attempt to shrink the fibroid and reduce the heavy/prolonged periods (10 days)? I tried progesterone and kept having panic attacks (healthnatura brand, about 9-15mg a day) Has anyone had any relief with thyroid or other supps for fibroids and pro-fertility? I'm not ready for children ATM but want them one day....Thanks!
(side note, My diet is mostly the following-- lots of milk, cheese, frozen tropical fruit, organic OJ, shrimp 1x week, meat 2-3 times, rice, butter, and haagan daaz ice cream..occasionally eggs with refined coconut oil and coffee about 2-4 times a week with sugar and cream....)

OP
bionicheart

bionicheart

I have been smoking cannabis for 2-3 years and my periods have gotten heavier, longer, and more painful. It was recently confirmed that I have a fibroid and I believe it is due to the estrogenic qualities of MJ. My gyno wants to put me on birth control to shrink my fibroid... as well as my uterus---which I was told is enlarged for my age. (I'm 27, no previous pregnancies) I'm freaking out as to what I should do! I've read oral contraceptives can shrink, stunt the growth of, and increase the growth of fibroids.
My recent labs show that I am low in vitamin D (supplementing 2000 IU D3....I am also taking 400IU vitamin E (Unique) as well as B1 for MVP)
MY current Labs are...
T4 is 1.0 ng/dL
estradiol=51 pg/mL
progesterone=0.5ng/mL
should I supplement with Tyromix or progesterone to attempt to shrink the fibroid and reduce the heavy/prolonged periods (10 days)? I tried progesterone and kept having panic attacks (healthnatura brand, about 9-15mg a day) Has anyone had any relief with thyroid or other supps for fibroids and pro-fertility? I'm not ready for children ATM but want them one day....Thanks!
(side note, My diet is mostly the following-- lots of milk, cheese, frozen tropical fruit, organic OJ, shrimp 1x week, meat 2-3 times, rice, butter, and haagan daaz ice cream..occasionally eggs with refined coconut oil and coffee about 2-4 times a week with sugar and cream....)
(I failed to mention that I've kicked the habit of smoking MJ, by the way....Haven't smoked in 3 days, and taking 7.5mg of Mirtazapine at bedtime... thanks guys!)

L

lollipop

MY current Labs are...
T4 is 1.0 ng/dL
estradiol=51 pg/mL
progesterone=0.5ng/mL
I am not highly qualified to give advice, but I can give my opinion of what I would do if it was me:

1) stop cannabis - highly estrogenic.

2) try to support your Thyroid - for me, I prefer using dietary measures first before supplementing.

3) PROGEST-e. This would be my main supplement along with Aspirin. Reduces estrogen.

4) Aspirin - very helpful in reducing Estrogen and inflammation.

5) Reduce inflammation in the body. There are different paths for this - need to research and explore.

6) I would seriously consider Pregnenolone as well for a time to help reduce estrogen.

7) Read Ray's thoughts on oral birth control. I, personally would never, ever ingest or take.

I am sure others will give you other good ideas.

I don't think cannabis is estrogenic. But in any event...

Progesterone sometimes needs to be administered in a high dose at first and it dislodges a lot of estrogen from the cells. This stops and then it brings good things.

OP
bionicheart

bionicheart

I am not highly qualified to give advice, but I can give my opinion of what I would do if it was me:

1) stop cannabis - highly estrogenic.

2) try to support your Thyroid - for me, I prefer using dietary measures first before supplementing.

3) PROGEST-e. This would be my main supplement along with Aspirin. Reduces estrogen.

4) Aspirin - very helpful in reducing Estrogen and inflammation.

5) Reduce inflammation in the body. There are different paths for this - need to research and explore.

6) I would seriously consider Pregnenolone as well for a time to help reduce estrogen.

7) Read Ray's thoughts on oral birth control. I, personally would never, ever ingest or take.

I am sure others will give you other good ideas.

Thanks for your input @lisaferraro I'm going to try Protest-e and aspirin again.

OP
bionicheart

bionicheart

Progesterone sometimes needs to be administered in a high dose at first and it dislodges a lot of estrogen from the cells. This stops and then it brings good things.
definitely going to give it another ago, and tough out the initial discomfort! thanks!

L

lollipop

I remember there was a thread that explained this. If interested you might search it out. I have seen the estrogenic effects in a heavy using client. Of course only a n=1 observation. But when I read about it on the forum, it clicked in my mind what I was observing. But who knows? I am not a user - so mine is second hand knowledge :):.

L

lollipop

definitely going to give it another ago, and tough out the initial discomfort! thanks!
There is a long thread on Progesterone where I explain my experience. Worth reading that thread :):

Definitely a journey and worth it. I have reduced down to between 40 and 80 mg two weeks on and then take two weeks off. That was from bumping it up to between 200 and 400mg to get through those symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals