Thyroid Or Adrenals - What First To Address?

FitnessMike

Guys, theoretically, if one are hypothyroid and at the same time have lower than normal cortisol, and as we know they are working together, which one should we address first? can we slowly address both at the same time? Came across dr. rind average daily temperature and hi suggest treating adrenals before treating hypothyroid, what are your thoughts?

JKX

I dont think you can 'treat' one without affecting the other. Its a tug of war influenced by stress. Fix thyroid and everything else should normalise.

Inaut

Agreed. Fix it all. I still think liver is the most important thing to focus on though and thyroid falls in line.

FitnessMike

I dont think you can 'treat' one without affecting the other. Its a tug of war influenced by stress. Fix thyroid and everything else should normalise.
well yes i agree, but i recently learned about the concept of "pooling" where in peoples who supplement thyroid is not enough cortisol to transport thyroid hormones to the cells, i was wondering if someone needed to supplement both, and did it with success

FitnessMike

Agreed. Fix it all. I still think liver is the most important thing to focus on though and thyroid falls in line.
my liver improved big time in 1,5 months of lowering total fat and fruits, as well as supplementing with k2mk4, I honestly don't know which gave the most results but I would presume cutting fats. ALA dropped to 28 but going now flex and make it below 10

FitnessMike

@FitnessMike So you're saying restricting fat intake can be beneficial for the liver? I average up to 100g of fat / day (I'm bulking).
it was clear to me as whenever i ate fat i was burping and i felt heavy in the stomach so i was suspecting its fat related, then i read somewhere its best to cut tota fats and fruits when liver enzymes are elevated, now i have less burps and better digestion

laleto12

it was clear to me as whenever i ate fat i was burping and i felt heavy in the stomach so i was suspecting its fat related, then i read somewhere its best to cut tota fats and fruits when liver enzymes are elevated, now i have less burps and better digestion
whats your diet like without fruits and fats?

FitnessMike

I eat fats but i cut a lot, i eat eggs with one yolk, loads of oats, organic milk 1.5%, honey, collagen protein, yoghurt currently, rye bread with goads cheese and tomatoes, last meal before bed 500g of white/sweet potatoes with some veggies and cod fish. I ate ben and jerrys last weekend which has 100g of sugar and did not have blood sugR fluctuations afterwards, which tells me that my liver improved

thingsvarious

Sometimes adrenals improve naturally if you taper up thyroid over a few months. If they don´t you will feel like ***t even MORE. Then some adrenal support is certainly not bad.

my liver improved big time in 1,5 months of lowering total fat and fruits, as well as supplementing with k2mk4, I honestly don't know which gave the most results but I would presume cutting fats. ALA dropped to 28 but going now flex and make it below 10

how can you tell your liver improved? Thank you.

opson123

I eat fats but i cut a lot, i eat eggs with one yolk, loads of oats, organic milk 1.5%, honey, collagen protein, yoghurt currently, rye bread with goads cheese and tomatoes, last meal before bed 500g of white/sweet potatoes with some veggies and cod fish. I ate ben and jerrys last weekend which has 100g of sugar and did not have blood sugR fluctuations afterwards, which tells me that my liver improved
How much oats do you typically eat a day? How do you prepare them?

FitnessMike

Just to update this thread, i was testing NDT + adrenal cortex to try to address them both at the same time, little improvements seen. Now im trying to address low cortisol first with Cortex for a few weeks that's the plan, and then slowly reintroduce NDT again.