Thyroid/Metabolic Rate — Exercise, Music, Movement, Meditation, Mood...

marko9437

Call me crazy, but if we are talking about things that energize you and up your metabolic rate, isn't it intuitive that some part of that would be governed, not by nutrients intake, but the signal provided by your external mood? Am I wrong, or is it correct that certain moods are pro-thyroid and other anti-thyroid? (And feelings are of course negotiable and malleable).

Beastmode

I think it's important to take all factors, many that you've mentioned, in mind. People who are "die hard" Peat followers can still get caught up in reductive thinking around being healthy. The less you separate all factors, the path to an improved thyroid/metabolic rate is happening.

I exercise everyday, but it's more of something I look forward to now as another exploration of myself and the world (wasn't always like that) than something I have to do in order to be healthy. The results are in the anticipation and experience of the exercising now and what comes from that (i.e- boosted metabolism, aesthetics, etc) are the bonus.

equipoise

I see what you mean. Though, isn't our choice of action and generation of Energy influenced by thyroid status?
So a hypothyroid person just lacks the Energy to change.

Cloudhands

Stress increases the need for nutrients, so decreasing stress by having fun averts the risk of being deficient

Beastmode

I see what you mean. Though, isn't our choice of action and generation of Energy influenced by thyroid status?

Yes! However, we can't separate the 2. It goes both way and neither less important than the other.

If you're hypothyroid, it's still "you" who knows this and can take action (i.e- good music, walk outdoors, etc) regardless where the "state" of your body is.

The path is the goal as it never ends. Curiosity in itself is a sign of pro-health.....to a large degree.

I know a lot of hypothyroid people, and I was a really bad one, who knew there was something more to this in regards to having more energy, better sleep, stronger libido and so on. Rather then being obsessed with fixing it, I got really curious with what I could do at the time and slowly built on it.

It's impossible to be stressed about being healthy and somehow getting healthy.

OP
M

marko9437

The first step is always the hardest one.

qminati

This is why Georgi Dinkov talked about doing spontaneous things. The brain likes adventure as long as it doesn't induce stress. Like Georgi said, you can take a thousand supplements to boost dopamine, but a night out with good friends laughing is much more powerful. This is why you can go to place like Costa Rica where they are very happy and healthy while eating PUFA all day, there are other factors at play for sure... Happiness = Health

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals