Thyroid making me colder

rothko

Hey,

I started taking 1/4 cynoplus and 1/4 cynomel twice a day. And Ive been getting colder and colder. Are there any common reasons for this ? Am I taking too much? thats like 1.5-2 grains

Risingfire

Have you measured your pulse and temp? What is happening to you isn't all that unique. Ray has mentioned that when some people start taking thyroid the stress hormones such as adrenaline drop. The drop in adrenaline causes a reduction in body temp. I would have started with a 1/4 of cynoplus in the morning. And nibble on the cynomel to get about 2-3mgs after lunch and dinner.

Plus, take your temp and pulse 4 times a day. Once when you wake up, an hour after breakfast, after lunch and dinner. Track these metrics. After two weeks, then decide if you need more or less.

InChristAlone

You need so much more food if you want to increase metabolism.

Rasaari

Starting with T4 is always tricky, especially if one is hypothyroid or is saturated with it and still producing. Your starting dosage is also quite high. Try nibbling t3 throughout the day or a low dose with a meal for starters and measure everything. If coldness persists, its more likely to be from stress reduction or something blocking thyroid function. That article by Danny is very good.

redsun

I think this may be my issue, I find it hard to eat enough, both actual eating and the making of it

Yeh well this is exactly what is going to happen if you boost metabolism. You need way more calories, carbs, and protein. Is your body temp still normal or elevated but the extremities are cold? Your body will trigger stress hormones which also promote vasoconstriction.

JKX

Hey,

I started taking 1/4 cynoplus and 1/4 cynomel twice a day. And Ive been getting colder and colder. Are there any common reasons for this ? Am I taking too much? thats like 1.5-2 grains
Whats your cholesterol? If you havent tested, its the first thing you should. You'll also need a source of vitamin A. Liver or a supplement. Vitamin A + thyroid is a game changer.

moderntimes

I notice the same thing sometimes right after a few drops of Tyromix, glad to know I'm not crazy. The last two times I had my cholesterol tested I was at 112 and 106 mg/dL and I get at least 2 mg retinol daily

Nebula

Has anyone found cyproheptadine helps them to get better results with thyroid supplementation?

K

Kaur Singh

I notice the same thing sometimes right after a few drops of Tyromix, glad to know I'm not crazy. The last two times I had my cholesterol tested I was at 112 and 106 mg/dL and I get at least 2 mg retinol daily
... that's low.
Below 160 mg/dL is low.

K

Kaur Singh

How do you feel?

Thyroid supplementation also lowers my temps and HR a bit but I'm super calm,
my heart and my mind no longer racing, I sleep more soundly, get sleepier earlier, etc.
So most likely reducing stress hormones.

I know I need more thyroid. My magnesium in blood test is deficient.
[ doesn't matter how much I ingest from diet and supps ]

I'm titrating slowly until I find my dose.

boris

Hey,

You're going too fast and your body is eliminating the thyroid. Start with 1/8th of a cynoplus a day and then slowly increase every 2 weeks.

It's the steroid hormones that warm you up. You need cofactors along with the thyroid supplement -- vitamin a is the big one. Also zinc, etc. You need to have a high cholesterol level to start off with, since this is what thyroid converts into the hormones.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals