Thyroid Hormones and Heart Disease

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:hattip Vladimir Heiskanen

12. Conclusions

Desiccated thyroid, as a medication, has been studied a few times for prophylaxis of heart disease on clinically euthyroid (no hypothyroidism) people. Without exception, the results have been very favourable: In the studies, the cardiovascular mortality in thyroid-treated patients has been less than a fifth of normal. The best effect was seen in people with no background of heart disease.

http://valtsus.blogspot.fi/2013/01/thyr ... sease.html

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dessicated thyroid for the win! :partydance :partydance

Tebasile

Where do you all get your thyroid supplements from? I buy one from Whole Foods but I'm not sure it's strong enough. I've not seen any improvements in my body temperature for example.

4peatssake

Tebasile said:
Where do you all get your thyroid supplements from? I buy one from Whole Foods but I'm not sure it's strong enough. I've not seen any improvements in my body temperature for example.
OTC (over the counter) thyroid supplements are not recommended by RP. In my opinion, they are garbage.
RP recommends cynomel and cynoplus.
These are synthetic supplements. Cynomel is straight T3 while cynoplus is T3 and T4.

The other most successful supplement that I am aware of is a natural dessicated thyroid product called thiroyd.

I use cynoplus and cynomel and these would be the only 2 thyroid supplements I would consider using.

You can PM me for more details.

And :welcome2 to the forum Tebasile

Dan W

Yes, welcome, Tebasile.

And just a +1 to what 4PeatsSake said. I do know some people are using the prescription-grade dessicated thyroid products (where the T3 dosage is known/controlled) when they just don't have other options.

4peatssake

4peatssake said:
Tebasile said:
OTC (over the counter) thyroid supplements are not recommended by RP. In my opinion, they are garbage.
RP recommends cynomel and cynoplus.
These are synthetic supplements. Cynomel is straight T3 while cynoplus is T3 and T4.

The other most successful supplement that I am aware of is a natural dessicated thyroid product called thiroyd.

I use cynoplus and cynomel and these would be the only 2 thyroid supplements I would consider using.

You can PM me for more details.

And :welcome2 to the forum Tebasile
I just realized that it may sound like I would only consider cynoplus and cynomel when I meant that the supplements I would consider using would be those two in combination (which work well for me now) and the NDT thiroyd as I know of several people using it with great success.

Thought I should make that a little more clear. ;)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin