". Thyroid Hormone Increases Sensitivity To Adrenaline. "

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat said:
While it's true that the thyroid hormone increases sensitivity to adrenaline, its most noticeable effect is in improving the ability to relax, including the ability to sleep soundly and restfully. And it happens that increasing norepinephrine (the brain's locally produced form of adrenaline) helps to prevent seizures (Giorgi, et al., 2004).

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: "...thyroid hormone increases sensitivity to adrenaline.

Yeh, I would say my adrenaline sensitivity has increased. :eek

kiran

How can you tell? Subjectively speaking, of course.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Racing heart, heart beating really hard, anxiety, feeling on the edge. It comes and goes.

Sometimes, I am able to "think" it down, if that makes any sense.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Think it down by totally trying to relax, kinda like a meditation state.

Birdie

I have RHB sometimes too. I might get it at bedtime and lie there with no solution. For a while, I was trying to figure what I should eat to stop it, but now I'm just figuring it will resolve eventually.

Regarding the better sleep part, I was just thinking that I've been on armour (recently changed to cynoplus) for years and without good sleep. That only came when I started the peating. Armour alone didn't do it for me.

norxgirl

What part of the "thyroid hormone"? T3/T4? Thanks.

DaveFoster

Has anyone seen the cessation of adrenaline sensitivity? Most texts I read (Stop the Thyroid Madness) suggest that thyroid should be ceased during this state, and it would seem dangerous to continue dosing thyroid during this period.

Regina

Has anyone seen the cessation of adrenaline sensitivity? Most texts I read (Stop the Thyroid Madness) suggest that thyroid should be ceased during this state, and it would seem dangerous to continue dosing thyroid during this period.
I think so. A bit anyway. I've been on 100mg minocycline for 9 days, along with increased pregnenolone (200mg daily divided). I'm also taking in 600-800 caffeine (w no stress response) and 100mg thiamine in addition to regular energin dose. I will put one drop tyronene on my wrist with every 3 oral drops progestene (2 or 3 times per day). I'm gonna try aikido probably tuesday night "pressure" test myself. o_O because I feel a lot better and tmi stools have greatly improved. Oh, and cypro 4 drops before bed.

DaveFoster

I think so. A bit anyway. I've been on 100mg minocycline for 9 days, along with increased pregnenolone (200mg daily divided). I'm also taking in 600-800 caffeine (w no stress response) and 100mg thiamine in addition to regular energin dose. I will put one drop tyronene on my wrist with every 3 oral drops progestene (2 or 3 times per day). I'm gonna try aikido probably tuesday night "pressure" test myself. o_O because I feel a lot better and tmi stools have greatly improved. Oh, and cypro 4 drops before bed.
Good luck with the Tyronene; I found even 4 mg T3 too much to start out with. I handled about 2-3 mg throughout the day a while back.

I titrated up to about a 1/100th dilution daily of TyroMix for a couple weeks with good results, and then I became hyperthyroid (it felt pretty good actually, but a bit too much stimulation.) I guess slow isn't slow enough with thyroid.

Regina

Good luck with the Tyronene; I found even 4 mg T3 too much to start out with. I handled about 2-3 mg throughout the day a while back.

I titrated up to about a 1/100th dilution daily of TyroMix for a couple weeks with good results, and then I became hyperthyroid (it felt pretty good actually, but a bit too much stimulation.) I guess slow isn't slow enough with thyroid.
Yep. I mustn't kick the donkey too much.

InChristAlone

I thought my sensitivity to adrenaline would never end but it has gotten loads better. I take 3 g ascorbic acid a day now for 7 months. 100 mg niacinamide a day broken up a few times a day. Lots of sunlight or UV during winter. Liver. I eat mostly starches, grape juice (seems OJ caused anxiety attacks) and bananas and then some ice cream after dinner. No caffeine. Still have good pulse and temp sometimes too high pulse but nothing like it used to be.

Marie2000

Guys, I started the t3 and my adrenalin is over the roof. Constant runny nose and have gotten very sick (chest pain, heavy coughin, sweating), should I stop t3? I see some improvements in my hair colour for example, is has become blonder and shinnier. My eyebrows have gotten thicker too! However the stress reactions concerns me... Am i setting my body for high adrenalin again? Should i persist until my body consumes this adrenalin or something of the sort? Am I saying too much nonsense? Ps:sorry in advance I am young and naive

Arctic Fire

Guys, I started the t3 and my adrenalin is over the roof. Constant runny nose and have gotten very sick (chest pain, heavy coughin, sweating), should I stop t3? I see some improvements in my hair colour for example, is has become blonder and shinnier. My eyebrows have gotten thicker too! However the stress reactions concerns me... Am i setting my body for high adrenalin again? Should i persist until my body consumes this adrenalin or something of the sort? Am I saying too much nonsense? Ps:sorry in advance I am young and naive

You'll get higher quality responses if you post more information, but here's my $0.02...

I'd be reluctant to continue anything that's raising adrenaline, particularly if it's causing chest pains. You can always postpone thyroid supplementation until you have worked on lowering your stress hormones, fixing any nutritional deficiencies, and figuring out why you've reacted this way to T3.

Lolinaa

Hello,
I encounter the same problem as you guys. I started cynoplus and cytomel about 6 weeks ago.
I take 1/6 cynoplus at 9h30 before going to sleep.

I take 2mcg cynomel at 10 then I would get some at 2 pm, 4 hours after the first dose.

Then I felt better and my temps was high, and I went to sunny Florida on holidays. Everything was great. I was very sociable, met lots of people and above all guys.

Since I am back, I have started school, I am trying to get a diploma. I feel very stress, my anxiety is high as soon as I wake up. I have trouble sleeping. When I run for example after the bus or last time the electric stairs was not working I took the ordinary stairs, my heart was jumping and I took a while to feel better. My friend even said you have to do some sport, jeez.
Physically I am thin with cuves: my bottom and breasts are noticeable without being big.

I would like to add as well there is not a good ambiance in the group of the classroom. We are mainly women but some are acting like girls. One of them has been dismissed last Friday because she wanted to fight; there have been arguments and I was very uncomfortable, as I was in the middle calming them. People are rough in the country I live: rude and entitled, its hard. I have to give presentations and its hard, I don't like competitions.

I hope you guys can help me with this adrenaline and anxiety. I have started this Journey because of anxiety actually.

I was thinking of adding pregnenolone, but I am scared of the hair lost issues, with acne and also the elevated estrogen from already a stress body. I am 34 by the way.

Thanks for any help or feedback.

Ps: I saw a gynecologist last Friday she wants to put me back on the pills, As I said no she prescribed some luteyin which are progestin that I wont take of course. She didn't want to hear about any tests (thyroïd, hormones...)

SOMO

arguments and I was very uncomfortable, as I was in the middle calming them. People are rough in the country I live: rude and entitled, its hard. I have to give presentations and its hard, I don't like competitions.

I was thinking of adding pregnenolone, but I am scared of the hair lost issues, with acne and also the elevated estrogen from already a stress body. I am 34 by the way.

1. Don't get involved in other people's drama because it WILL stress you out. I know humans are social primates, but sometimes avoiding social encounters is less stressful than trying to be social.

2. I don't think pregnenolone is associated with hair loss. Pregnenolone is pretty safe and likely to convert to the hormones you need to balance things out. I'd also try progesterone cream, which I think is less expensive than pregnenolone and works similarly.

Lolinaa

@SOMO: Thank you for your advice and answer. That's what I will do, stay away from drama.

I already take progesterone, 10 days before my period but this month I didn't feel really better with it. I think the thyroïd is just giving me high adrenaline and maybe the association with progesterone was too much to handle for my body. I felt anxious, angry and hungry most of the time. It was hard to find peace within.