Thyroid Dropping Temps - Lowering Of Stress Hormones Or Something Else?

FredSonoma

Recently I have noticed that right after taking Thyroid, I actually feel cold. I have confirmed this by taking my temps before and after and directly after taking thyroid, my temps are actually lower. I take Tyromax, 3 drops at a time orally, anywhere from 3 times a day to 6 times a day. I know this could be a drop in stress hormones - but I am worried it is something worse, and I should actually stop taking the thyroid. Anyone have experience with this?

jaguar43

Yes, Ray Peat has said that taking thyroid can lower your stress hormones that keep your body temperature up.

tara

I take Tyromax, 3 drops at a time orally, anywhere from 3 times a day to 6 times a day.
Is this the only formulation of thyroid you've tried so far? Oral or transdermal?
Have you gradually worked up to this amount with small increments every couple of weeks or so, or jumped into the deep end? How long have you been taking such amounts for?
Could be thyroid reducing stress hormones, or excess T4, or possibly the DMSO having some effect?
Jumping randomly between quite different doses from day to day may not give you a chance to get a stable blood level that your body can organise itself around.

tomisonbottom

Recently I have noticed that right after taking Thyroid, I actually feel cold. I have confirmed this by taking my temps before and after and directly after taking thyroid, my temps are actually lower. I take Tyromax, 3 drops at a time orally, anywhere from 3 times a day to 6 times a day. I know this could be a drop in stress hormones - but I am worried it is something worse, and I should actually stop taking the thyroid. Anyone have experience with this?

That can also happen if you take it on an empty stomach, or for a hypo person, with even slightly low blood sugar. For instance, if you ate too much protein and not enough sugar, and then took t3, it will probably ramp up your metabolism too fast.

Make sure you take it with enough protein, sugar and salt for the context of your particular metabolic state.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals