Thyroid- Does Everyone Take It Expecting To Eventually Come Off

mostlylurking

As you increase your thyroid function via supplementation with T4 & T3, your metabolic rate increases and your health improves. But you need to supply the nutrients that your body needs to function at the increased metabolic rate. Otherwise you get in trouble.

Your body needs the right nutrients at the right amounts to function at the higher metabolic rate. If you experience chronic stress when on thyroid supplementation, improve your diet, don't stop the thyroid supplementation.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Broda Barnes believed that roughly half the population have some degree of thyroid deficiency.

It is Broda Bathes, and I just finished importing and editing the scanned book “Solved: The Riddle of Heart Attacks”, but without index.

Attachments

• solved - the riddle of heart attacks, broda o.barnes 1976.pdf
    626.9 KB · Views: 52

FitnessMike

I think it's one of those things that you need to go by feeling. If you come off thyroid and feel like s**t, then I think that's a pretty good indicator to get back on it. Conversely, if you don't feel right while on thyroid, then don't take it.

Personally I like how thyroid makes me feel, but every time I take it I have an incurable insomnia to move in. No matter what I do I can't really sleep. Thiamine, in high enough dosages, will cause the exact same symptoms. Some people say it's just an over sensitization to adrenaline, or maybe something like re-feeding syndrome, where your hypo symptoms will initially get worse before they get better. But like, what am I suppose to do, not sleep for 6-7 days before I adapt, lol?

So for these reasons I'm not taking thyroid at the moment. I've pondered trying to give it another shot, but honestly my sleep is far more important to me then my hypothyrodism. I rather just live hypo and sleep good, because I'm not a pleasant person when I haven't slept good for 2-3 days.
try upping magnesium, worked for me, oil all over body and tablets

mrchibbs

It is Broda Bathes, and I just finished importing and editing the scanned book “Solved: The Riddle of Heart Attacks”, but without index.

You did a very nice job, the only copy I found before this was a bad scan

StephanF

Forum Supporter
You did a very nice job, the only copy I found before this was a bad scan
Your welcome, I got this low resolution copy from another member, but I also found it on the web. I thought this is worth 'renewing', and since the copyright has expired with the passing of Dr. Bathes, I got to work on it. If you find any typos (bad OCR), please let me know. Dr. Bathes' discoveries are still valid, and he also warned against PUFAs.

LucyL

??? Same guy? Broda Barnes = Broda Bathes? This doesn't make any sense. Likely a transctiption error? rn=th

mrchibbs

??? Same guy? Broda Barnes = Broda Bathes? This doesn't make any sense. Likely a transctiption error? rn=th

Yes it is a transcription error, same guy. Broda Barnes, not Bathes.

Last edited:

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Yes it is a transcription error, same guy. Broda Barnes, not Bathes.

Wow, that is sooooooo strange! I got the PDF version and I did OCR on it, it may have transcribed it into Broda 'Bathes' in the beginning, and then I continued using this wrong name. So why did I not see this obvious mistake? I am baffled. I even looked him up on Wikipedia and downloaded his picture - my eyes were lying to me...

Attached is the version with the name corrected, I apologize.

Attachments

• Solved - The Riddle of Heart Attacks, Broda O.Barnes 1976.pdf
    603.3 KB · Views: 12

Advocate2021

I think this is very individual and depends upon the situation. I have a cousin who was born without a thyroid or without most of it so she is obviously on thyroid for the rest of her life. There is and epigenetic endocrine glitch that runs in the maternal line of my family and i definitely was effected by it and suffered for over 30 years of my life when thyroid would have spared me all those years of sufferering. When i added it and then found my optimal dose at 38, I reclaimed all those years with a vengeance, It was remarkable. So im not going off- i tried once even after this breakthrough and became that sick withering away lifeless creature again. Withing 6 weeks of going back on it after about 9 months off i became the vibrant , energetic, rosy faced teenager again. needless to say that was 2011 and i havent gone off since and am not planning on it. However, i will say, our bodies change day by day and it is important to attune to our selves and modify accordingly. i recently did an experiment with more t3 to try to get my temp up and learned alot. you do have to be careful and too much can actually make you hypothryoid due to the increase in energy needs and difficulty meeting them. I am back on my optimal dose that transformed me at 38 which is the equivalent of 2.5 grains. however i adjust my supplements by combining cynoplus and cynomel into the 2:1 ratio Dr. Peat recommends so currently doing 90 mcg T4 and 47.5 mcg t3- 1 quarter cynoplus in morning (i divide into 2 doses normally), one cynomel divided in small bites as needed over course of day and then 2 quarters of cynoplus split up over the remaining evening hours from about 7 pm onward- find doing most of the t4 at night helps with sleep.

Advocate2021

Here is a short discussion about Dr. Barnes' basal temperature test:

I have just been using digital thermometer orally- wondering if its completely inaccurate and need to get basal under arm. also wondering if a viral component could be causing lower temp- im never 97.8 but always warm and hands very warm- so weird. |Are the digital thermometers we get a drug stores considered basal?