Thyroid Blood Results. Opinions, Comments

eric1111

Hi just received my blood work. TSH 1.950, Thyroxine. 3.7. Range 4.5-12.0

T3 Uptake 30. Range 24-39

Free Thyroxine Index 1.1. Range 1.2-4.9

Triiodothyronine (T3) 48. Range 71-180. There is the reason for feeling like garbage, moody always tired

Thyroid Antibody.

Thyroglobulin Antibody. 1.0. Range 0.0- 0.9

TPO 13. RANGE 0-34

Waking Temps 96.5 but after eating breakfast it normally stays in the 98.0's sometimes depending what I eat 99.9 then comes down to 98.0

Nose and hands get cold very tired and very moody. Im sure because im not making T3.

I do have 1000 tablets of thyroid-s And Thyro-Gold. Can someone recommend a startins dose so I can start feeling normal again. Thank you

Sucrates

Usually it's a good idea to dose NDT in .5 grain increments, leaving 7-10 days between increases, and watching pulse and temp to find optimal dosing.

wintagal

Hi just received my blood work. TSH 1.950, Thyroxine. 3.7. Range 4.5-12.0

T3 Uptake 30. Range 24-39

Free Thyroxine Index 1.1. Range 1.2-4.9

Triiodothyronine (T3) 48. Range 71-180. There is the reason for feeling like garbage, moody always tired

Thyroid Antibody.

Thyroglobulin Antibody. 1.0. Range 0.0- 0.9

TPO 13. RANGE 0-34

Waking Temps 96.5 but after eating breakfast it normally stays in the 98.0's sometimes depending what I eat 99.9 then comes down to 98.0

Nose and hands get cold very tired and very moody. Im sure because im not making T3.

I do have 1000 tablets of thyroid-s And Thyro-Gold. Can someone recommend a startins dose so I can start feeling normal again. Thank you

1. Pretty clearly your blood levels are low. But your TSH isn't responding appropriately - it should be higher. The low TSH may indicate secondary hypothyroidism - your pituitary isn't managing your TSH appropriately.
2. High Thyroglobulin antibodies - possible hashimoto's (autoimmune destruction of thyroid gland). Many people have good results following regimens a described in Datis Kharazzian's book. Or look at Isabella Wentz' website.
3. Dosages - Thyro-Gold may contain some T3 and T4. The website doesn't say, but it recommends a dosing regimen that you can start with. I don't know how strong the tablets are, if they will help you, etc.
4. Follow-up: Test free T3 and free T4 (targeting the fraction in your blood that can potentially be active). Don't take any thyroid supplements the day of or the day before your test. Here is what the Mayo test catalog says :"While total T4 is a relatively reliable indicator of T4 levels in the presence of normal binding proteins, it is not a reliable indicator when binding proteins are abnormal. ....Direct measurement of free thyroxine (FRT4 / T4 [Thyroxine], Free, Serum by immunoassay) has replaced the FTI test in most clinical situations."
5. Keep logs of dosages, temps, etc. Find a practitioner knowledgeable in thyroid. Read Dr Lindner's website, Hormone Restoration.
6. Eventually your TSH may increase, which will make it easier to get treatment from an MD. Taking any thyroid hormone, however, will probably lower TSH, even for a week or more after stopping any thyroid supplements.
7. Your problems could be adrenal rather than thyroid. Does your temp drop after exercise? If thyroid supplements make you feel worse, then you need to look at adrenal issues.

OP
E

eric1111

1. Pretty clearly your blood levels are low. But your TSH isn't responding appropriately - it should be higher. The low TSH may indicate secondary hypothyroidism - your pituitary isn't managing your TSH appropriately.
2. High Thyroglobulin antibodies - possible hashimoto's (autoimmune destruction of thyroid gland). Many people have good results following regimens a described in Datis Kharazzian's book. Or look at Isabella Wentz' website.
3. Dosages - Thyro-Gold may contain some T3 and T4. The website doesn't say, but it recommends a dosing regimen that you can start with. I don't know how strong the tablets are, if they will help you, etc.
4. Follow-up: Test free T3 and free T4 (targeting the fraction in your blood that can potentially be active). Don't take any thyroid supplements the day of or the day before your test. Here is what the Mayo test catalog says :"While total T4 is a relatively reliable indicator of T4 levels in the presence of normal binding proteins, it is not a reliable indicator when binding proteins are abnormal. ....Direct measurement of free thyroxine (FRT4 / T4 [Thyroxine], Free, Serum by immunoassay) has replaced the FTI test in most clinical situations."
5. Keep logs of dosages, temps, etc. Find a practitioner knowledgeable in thyroid. Read Dr Lindner's website, Hormone Restoration.
6. Eventually your TSH may increase, which will make it easier to get treatment from an MD. Taking any thyroid hormone, however, will probably lower TSH, even for a week or more after stopping any thyroid supplements.
7. Your problems could be adrenal rather than thyroid. Does your temp drop after exercise? If thyroid supplements make you feel worse, then you need to look at adrenal issues.
Yes when I work out my temps dropped 1.5 to 2 degreess but once i have simple carbs it will go back up where it started before working out 98.2. I took my temp before working out today and it was 98.4 right after working out 96.5. I drank 16oz OJ went back up to 98.2. Is this a Thyroid or Adernal problem?

wintagal

The best adrenal test is the saliva test. You may be able to order it yourself. ZRT labs offers it and a urine test for stress hormones. The test is the best way to check your adrenal hormones.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals