Thyroid Becoming Instantly Sluggish After Constipation

Guacamayo

Does anyone here experience (or have an explanation as to why this occurs) sluggish thyroid symptoms after a bout of constipation/going to the bathroom and not having a proper bowel movement?

I've experienced this on several occasions and I'm quite sure that it's the bad bowel movement that is causing the hypothyroid symptoms and not vice versa. Before each of these instances I would be feeling fine and well energized after having just eaten, but once I've tried to have a BM and am unable to go, many times (but not always) there will be an onset of these symptoms within a matter of 5 - 10 minutes. The symptoms that I'm referring to include general pain around the upper body/fibromyalgia, lack of energy and an overall sense of tiredness, inability to concentrate, etc. Many times it will also lead to subsequent bouts of constipation later on in the day or the next day. A strong cup of coffee resolves the aforementioned symptoms (except for the constipation), which is what leads me to believe that this an issue of hypothyroidism.

jet9

I don’t know for sure if contisipation worsen thyroid (though I always feel bad when contisipted)

But I know that higher protein intake increase need of thyroid and that higher protein intake is known to cause contisipation. So seems like there is some kind of connection.

To me those sound like symptoms of mild endotoxemia. I get it and recognize it too. For me it’s certain body aches and malaise. It’s endotoxins.

OP
G

Guacamayo

If it is endotoxemia, are there any strategies you're aware of that can help overcome it (obviously having a proper BM would prevent its onset and that's that, but I'm referring to when symptoms have already occurred)?

And if coffee for me does work to remove those symptoms, would then that suggest that coffee has a strong anti-endotoxin effect, or is it merely covering up the symptoms?

Or is there perhaps some mineral imbalance that coffee restores to a certain extent.

Andman

coffee is a great serotonin antagonist, never fails to help me with similar symptoms

According to J.H. Kellogg, constipation( and. consequently, endotoxemia) are one cause of goiters, so I would say, yes, it likely contributes to hypothyrodism.

I too feel overall not good when I'm constipated. The thing is, although constipation itself promotes hypothyrodism, a person with good thyroid function wouldn't be constipated in the first place. A healthy gut works vigorously and never lets food rotten inside. Coffee, although helpful for supporting the thyroid, isn't a replacement for thyroid hormone in my experience. There were times when I would be feeling cold even after using some caffeine, but now after a dose of t3, my temperature increases quickly.

Also, what you ate in the meal impacts the nature of the bowel movement.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals