Thyroid And Immune System

TubZy

I have a close friend who is suffering from lyme and other infections. Most likely is suffering from some sort of hypothyroid I assume with infections like that.

My question is would it be worth it to suggest thyroid (T3) in stimulating the metabolism which would boost the immune system? Or even possibly supplementing temporarily with T3 to help boost metabolism and stimulate the immune system to help get rid of the infections? Would the T3/T4 combo better in eradicating an infection and restoring proper immune function? I also understand when thyroid is suppressed, your immune system suffers leaving you exposed to chronic infections, which could be the reason why the infections became present. Another option that I'm planning to suggest is emodin and pregnenolone.

Thanks

Last edited:

Regina

I have a close friend who is suffering from lyme and other infections. Most likely is suffering from some sort of hypothyroid I assume with infections like that.

My question is would it be worth it to suggest thyroid (T3) in stimulating the metabolism which would boost the immune system? Or even possibly supplementing temporarily with T3 to help boost metabolism and stimulate the immune system to help get rid of the infections? Would the T3/T4 combo better in eradicating an infection and restoring proper immune function? I also understand when thyroid is suppressed, your immune system suffers leaving you exposed to chronic infections. Another option that I'm planning to suggest is emodin and pregnenolone.

Thanks
Too, what about what that fish supply place I think you suggested? Maybe extended doxy????

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Too, what about what that fish supply place I think you suggested? Maybe extended doxy????

Yeah, doxy initially worked initially to help reduce symptoms but came back as its been chronic. Yeah antibiotcs are easy to find just wanted to see if thyroid would help. Since antiobitocs are hit or miss with chronic infections/Lyme