Thrush and system candida help

innocents

I was on long term antibitoics for Lyme Disease for over a year. March came and i have thrush. gave me meds didnt do the trick. months go by eating whatever I want my mouth hurts even more, i get depressed, and suicidal (not like me) The thing is I was eating whatever I wanted but it made my thrush worse. hurting mouth, ext. but when I changed my diet, no sug or carbs I felt better and not depressed, but still issues to this day... any help and can I eat any portion meal for this to go away?.. still confused on what i'm allowed exactly to eat.

juanitacarlos

hey innocents. firstly, welcome! next, you probably need to give more info. more background. what is your diet currently? what works for you, what makes you feel worse? What meds were you on, what are you on now? do you have test results to go on?

and also, is there something in Peat's work that made you think his philosophy can help with you condition?

Mittir

What you possibly have is SIBO ( Small intestine bacterial overgrowth).
Eating raw carrot salad with coconut oil or olive oil and some vinegar
helps a lot with SIBO. Instead of raw carrot you can also use cooked bamboo shoot.
You may feel some stomach issue in the beginning of raw carrot and bamboo shoot use.
Coconut oil also helps with digestion and lowering
bad bacteria. Refined coconut oil is easier to digest and it is good idea
to start with small dose of oil and slowly increase.For some 1 tsp daily is a good start.
Avoid all other source of fiber and starch. Starch feeds bad bacteria.
Eat simple foods like milk, strained fruit juice,
gelatin, meat, fish , cheese, honey, sugar etc. Idea is to eat carbohydrate that is absorbed
at the upper part of small intestine so it does not feed bacteria. If your intestine wall is too damaged
you may have problem with digesting milk and gelatin in the beginning.
Avoiding vegetable oils helps a lot with inflammation and bacteria related problems.
butter, coconut oil are safe to use and tallow from grass fed cows.
Check RP's dietary guideline here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20

OP
I

innocents

ttramone said:
hey innocents. firstly, welcome! next, you probably need to give more info. more background. what is your diet currently? what works for you, what makes you feel worse? What meds were you on, what are you on now? do you have test results to go on?

and also, is there something in Peat's work that made you think his philosophy can help with you condition?

I eat no sugar/carbs. but recently fasting on greens... apparently its not good ? o_O I would eat whatever and my tounge was white and thick coating, now that i changed no sugar no carbs I feel alot better but theres still some thrush left but a lot of it went away. When I would eat stuff with sugar/carbs I would feel bad.. very skeptical about this. I havent been on any meds since early march since the Thrush occurred. Still have it and want to eat normal foods again -_-

Dutchie

Ive had lyme too,no antibiotics,but lyme and meds probably left you with a leaky gut too.
I think building up the amount of gelatin is important to heal the gutlining . I also think its important to aid the liver in detoxing.

There was this girl on youtube with lyme,who discovered ray peat and made videos about her progress. You probably find them if you type ray peat and lyme in searchbox.

Today i incidentally read that 5htp made from tryptophan can be a problem for the part of the immunesystem that figths candida. So,maybe try low tryptophan diet?

juanitacarlos

innocents said:
ttramone said:

I eat no sugar/carbs. but recently fasting on greens... apparently its not good ? o_O I would eat whatever and my tounge was white and thick coating, now that i changed no sugar no carbs I feel alot better but theres still some thrush left but a lot of it went away. When I would eat stuff with sugar/carbs I would feel bad.. very skeptical about this. I havent been on any meds since early march since the Thrush occurred. Still have it and want to eat normal foods again -_-

Did you read Mittir's response to you? I think you would benefit from following that advice.

I'm still confused about your diet - both past and present. You need to be more specific.

Bruv

innocents said:
I am very new here. I used to get a lot of problems with candida (or at least that is what it seemed to be). I cut out various starches and just got better each time until had cut them all out and I also cut out all fruit a while later because some fruit (figs in particular) seemed to be a problem. I felt good for several years but a few months ago I just wasn't feeling so good anymore.
I cut out the few vegetables that I ate and started eating an orange here and there. It was hard for me to believe that orange juice would not cause my candida problem to return so I started with just one orange a day. That was 4 or 5 weeks ago. After about a week I started pouring loads of orange juice down my neck every day and there has not been a hint of candida. Give it a go.

Lincoln-Imp

Hey Bruv, other than the orange juice what else was in your diet when you managed to clear up your candida problems?

Bruv

Lincoln, As far as I know, I didn't have candida when I started on the orange juice (I did not feel right though so who knows what it was?) but any time that I have started adding a few carbohydrates back into my diet, I always seem to get candida. It hasn't happened with oranges.
I was eating lots of fatty meat, probably around a dozen eggs a week, very little fruit and small portions of just a few salad vegetables. There are many vegetables that I simply don't like or that I don't get on well with. It wasn't a Peat style diet at all. For a few years up until recently it had been more of a low carb, high fat paleo diet.
I don't think any of the above foods "cured" the candida. It was more of a case of eliminating the foods that did cause it but I had also eliminated other foods that I now realise were probably not causing it (i.e. oranges).
In the past I have had lots of problems with lots of different foods. Most of these foods were high in carbohydrates. I got so fed up with being unwell that over the course of a few years I ended up cutting out virtually all carbs. I felt good for a long time but not so good just recently. I had seen some posts by somebody on the Paleo Hacks site who had mentioned several times that he had problems with candida in the past and that going very low carb, did not work and that eating easily digested carbs from fruit actually helped. It all sounded a bit back to front to me but as I had no more carbs to cut and couldn't face eating even more fat I thought that I may as well go the other way and try eating oranges to see what would happen. Knowing that all of my experiments with carbs seemed to end in some sort of failure, pretty quickly, I just had one tangerine per day for a few days and then two per day and after a week or so I bought a large carton of OJ and drank several glasses one day. I was amazed that I wasn't having any problems at all and I actually started feeling healthier than I had done in quite a while. I started squeezing my own juice as well as using the cartoned stuff. I am now getting at least a third and often up to half of my calories per day from orange juice. It's still early days as I have only been doing this about a month but in the past any straying from low carb or from my usual foods would have resulted in some sort of bad reaction within a week. My wife has said that she is also very surprised that I have not had any problems with all the fruit juice and keeps telling me how much better I look.
From what I have read, none of the Peat recommended foods seem to cause anyone problems with candida. Give "Peating" a go.

natedawggh

Hey....

Bitter melon. It's an ancient Chinese medicinal plant that will immediately knock out all kinds of internal pathogens, especially candida. Chlorella also kills candida outright (though chlorella encourages extra growth of beneficial bacteria, which can still increase endotoxin). I used to try and cook bitter melon, but I found it less difficult to just eat a piece of it and get it over with. My albertson's carries bitter melon, so look for it in the produce section.

natedawggh

...I had no results on any candida diet, btw. But bitter melon and and chlorella have very rapid results and then you can go back to enjoying food.

OP
I

innocents

Mittir said:
What you possibly have is SIBO ( Small intestine bacterial overgrowth).
Eating raw carrot salad with coconut oil or olive oil and some vinegar
helps a lot with SIBO. Instead of raw carrot you can also use cooked bamboo shoot.
You may feel some stomach issue in the beginning of raw carrot and bamboo shoot use.
Coconut oil also helps with digestion and lowering
bad bacteria. Refined coconut oil is easier to digest and it is good idea
to start with small dose of oil and slowly increase.For some 1 tsp daily is a good start.
Avoid all other source of fiber and starch. Starch feeds bad bacteria.
Eat simple foods like milk, strained fruit juice,
gelatin, meat, fish , cheese, honey, sugar etc. Idea is to eat carbohydrate that is absorbed
at the upper part of small intestine so it does not feed bacteria. If your intestine wall is too damaged
you may have problem with digesting milk and gelatin in the beginning.
Avoiding vegetable oils helps a lot with inflammation and bacteria related problems.
butter, coconut oil are safe to use and tallow from grass fed cows.
Check RP's dietary guideline here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20

hey, thanks for the reply. sorry it's been awhile. past few days im also noticing poor digestion for about a week. very hard stools and not much passes by. Don't know what I should do.

OP
I

innocents

Dutchie said:
Ive had lyme too,no antibiotics,but lyme and meds probably left you with a leaky gut too.
I think building up the amount of gelatin is important to heal the gutlining . I also think its important to aid the liver in detoxing.

There was this girl on youtube with lyme,who discovered ray peat and made videos about her progress. You probably find them if you type ray peat and lyme in searchbox.

Today i incidentally read that 5htp made from tryptophan can be a problem for the part of the immunesystem that figths candida. So,maybe try low tryptophan diet?

thank you! I will be checking it out now :)

OP
I

innocents

Lincoln-Imp said:
Hey Bruv, other than the orange juice what else was in your diet when you managed to clear up your candida problems?

eggs, salad, and lean meat. nothing with carbs at all. but I always felt really hungry.

natedawggh

innocents said:
Lincoln-Imp said:

eggs, salad, and lean meat. nothing with carbs at all. but I always felt really hungry.

If you don't eat carbs your body produces high levels of cortisol, adrenaline, serotonin and estrogen and will continue to degrade and damage your health. I suggested bitter melon because it can clear up discomfort in ONE day, not over time like other suggestions——It's really that potent. Continue eating it while you reintroduce healthy sugars—fruit, honey, cane sugar, milk—to keep the candida from coming back and once you're feeling better you should be able to maintain homeostasis with out it. One piece of bitter melon, seeded, 1-2 inches in length before every meal until symptoms have entirely receded for a few days.

Lincoln-Imp

I'm not sure where I would be able to get some bitter melon, do you think supplements would be able to provide the same benefits?

natedawggh

Albertsons has bitter melon in the produce section. If you don't have any albertsons an Asian market that carries produce will have it. I tried the supplement form and it did not have the same effect...it must be the benefit of some enzyme in the bitter melon that would degrade during processing to supplement form.